Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    I sound like someone who doesnt wanna deal with toxic bullshit after almost 13 years playing this game and just wanna have fun.

You wanna pull for the tank then bitch at me when you wipe us cause its skittish bolstering fortified? Your key loss mate. I got better ways to spend my time
    I agree completely.

I'm wishing everyone a good day and getting the fuck out of there, if someone's toxic, I get it it's your key and I'm sorry for it, but am outta there son, if you'd want someone that toxic to advance, even if you're thinking "just ignore", then you're also part of a problem.

Part of toxicity is that they know they're "allowed" to do it. It's interesting when you take an authority stance on them, they usually keep quiet.

I wonder where people got that idea that the internet makes you anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Remind me to never group with you. Sound like a pussy that can't take a little heat.
    Why would you take "heat" from some random dickbag with an inferiority complex?

Deleted
    My favorite type of player in m+ is the tank with "Vanilla style mentality".
    Pulling packs like its 2005, waiting for healer to have 100% mana all the time and gets mad af when somebody else pulls for him. It's some form of control behavior that is mind-blowing to observe.

And god forbids that somebody else charges in before him or pulls an extra pack. I've had tanks literally go AFK due to this with the explanation with "Either I pull or I leave". People are so emotional and get offended so easily. It's like they are lacking something in real life so they need to project within a game.

As a Ret player I usually tank our m+ keys when no good tank is around. And frankly I don't mind when people pull for me, if they i.ex. have CD's active or just want it go faster. I have had many salty people dropping rude comments and telling me how to play (mostly in the beginning of the expansion), but why would I be offended? As someone else mentioned earlier the social filter is totally absent in WoW. If you pug with randoms you simply have to be prepared for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Yesterday I had a 901 equipped DH (915 something displayed) in HoV11 and that guy did 300k DPS under Bloodlust.
    Like wtf, DH rota is 2buttons, how can you fuck that up so hard?
    Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat are both rotational buttons, as is Glaive Toss if talented, making it a 4-5 button core rotation with a couple of cooldowns, the same as most classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Remind me to never group with you. Sound like a pussy that can't take a little heat.
    You can call people whatever you like , but be prepared to loose a key, time and loot when you "heat" it up.
    Your attitude is fine if you are with like-minded people where you know eachother. With strangers is quite different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    My favorite type of player in m+ is the tank with "Vanilla style mentality".
    Pulling packs like its 2005, waiting for healer to have 100% mana all the time and gets mad af when somebody else pulls for him. It's some form of control behavior that is mind-blowing to observe.

And god forbids that somebody else charges in before him or pulls an extra pack. I've had tanks literally go AFK due to this with the explanation with "Either I pull or I leave". People are so emotional and get offended so easily. It's like they are lacking something in real life so they need to project within a game.

As a Ret player I usually tank our m+ keys when no good tank is around. And frankly I don't mind when people pull for me, if they i.ex. have CD's active or just want it go faster. I have had many salty people dropping rude comments and telling me how to play (mostly in the beginning of the expansion), but why would I be offended? As someone else mentioned earlier the social filter is totally absent in WoW. If you pug with randoms you simply have to be prepared for it.
    Exactly, if you pug with randoms, be prepared there can be tanks who dont want you to pull for them.

Raging in video games is the most ridiculous, childish thing ever. It's so embarrassing. I can't imagine making a moron out of myself like that. My idea of self-respect and dignity kind of doesn't allow it. So you can imagine how I view people who do it.

And the other thing is: I have a standard rule for everything I say or write on the internet - "would you say it to a person to their face?" That applies to others as well. I always just think to myself: Would you say it to my face?

Yeah. No you wouldn't.

So, yeah. My cat's lazy fart is more valid and justified than in-game rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Lol, calling FL & VR rotation buttons.
    What would you call minor cooldowns that should be used on cooldown (unless momentum is taken) for optimal DPS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Exactly, if you pug with randoms, be prepared there can be tanks who dont want you to pull for them.
    I don't really care, if the situation allows for it (meaning it will not cause a wipe) then I'll just go ahead and pull. If the tank then goes emo he/she are totally free to leave the group. It's a matter of efficiency and time, I want the stuff done asap (since I have done that content so many times already) and if others want to go slower than they are obviously allowed to find a group willing to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldorei View Post
    This far I did ~200 M+ pugs, and haven't rage quit a single one of them.
    But if someone in my party was flaming another party member in this way, I would probably lean towards quitting the run (at least discuss it with the victim in /w).
    Only Mythic+ I have left recently was one that I joined as tank when I saw one of my mage guild mates was in the group. Just before starting they kicked my guild mate and brought in a class that was not competitive for what I later found out they were farming. So I left them pop in their keystone and then left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    You can call people whatever you like , but be prepared to loose a key, time and loot when you "heat" it up.
    Your attitude is fine if you are with like-minded people where you know eachother. With strangers is quite different.

- - - Updated - - -

the age old debate of douche bag dps pulling for tanks...................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand it too. Someguy left because I was doing more dps, and it was supposed to be a carry for me. He left because of it though.. really? It made me so mad. Makes me understand why people are assholes/so selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    I understand it too. Someguy left because I was doing more dps, and it was supposed to be a carry for me. He left because of it though.. really? It made me so mad. Makes me understand why people are assholes/so selfish
    Unless you were taunting him bout it, I dont see why would he leave if hes doing less work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Unless you were taunting him bout it, I dont see why would he leave if hes doing less work?
    I should have worded it better. The dps didn't leave, the healer did. After he pointed out that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am in a mythic raiding guild that did 7/7 and 3/3 when it was still relevant (current 3/7).
    My question is how did a guild that killed mythic helya before nighthold only 3/10 now.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Only Mythic+ I have left recently was one that I joined as tank when I saw one of my mage guild mates was in the group. Just before starting they kicked my guild mate and brought in a class that was not competitive for what I later found out they were farming. So I left them pop in their keystone and then left.

- - - Updated - - -

the age old debate of douche bag dps pulling for tanks...................
    I'm one of those tanks that hate it when someone pulls before me. Sometimes I tell them to not do that again, if so I simply quit. It's a way for them to learn the patience. I give absolutely no credits to people who doesn't have the patience and even less for hunters that misdirect all the mobs to me.

I mean, most of the tanks know what they're doing, how far they are from finishing and everything. They can also understand how good the group is (because, even though it's only my own opinion, most of the tanks I know have a lot of others class they play compared to the hunters). Just let him dictate the dungeon, that's his role.
    Obviously, that's a different story if you're in a guild. But with strangers ? I don't have time to argue. I've lost the patience to argue with any of them now. I don't want to waste my time for such childish behaviors.

So yeah, don't get surprised if this debate is old. It's still on because, well, patience is a virtue.

Why are so many people against pugging?

I enjoy pugging, I have completed >20 +15 keys in time and they were all pugs, if you’re constantly running in to trouble with pugs maybe you’re the reason rather than the rest of the pug.

Be picky and check wowprogress, achievements and bag ilvl don’t mean jack
    Don’t expect people to perform better than you can

I do leave a lot of pugs though but I do that before they start, if only Blizzard would let you see the group before you join.

10+ Year Old Account
    The obvious solution is to never run Mythics.

Haven't stepped foot in a single one and I'm very happy. ^_^

I dunno, I'm not a high end player anymore, haven't raided seriously since Wrath, and I'm sitting at ~860 on my ret, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to attain the 450k that's being ridiculed here as "poor" dps. I guess I'm also not running high-end mythics, but damn son. Top end dps is close to 1M now in a 5 man? I'm guilty at getting annoyed at people in gaming in general, but pretty much only when they're putting in zero effort or trolling. I play casually enough that I can live with someone who's not great but willing to learn, even if that makes the group go a little slower.

Random side story: was playing Overwatch the other day on the Route 66 map where we had one guy on our team just running back and forth across the map wall-jumping and not doing anything else, and that pissed me off. I don't really understand the point unless he was trolling or just hanging out and expecting others to do all the work where he'd get xp anyway since no one can be kicked in Overwatch, but regardless: how is literally just running back and forth wall-jumping for 10 minutes per match even fun? Wouldn't that be a lot less enjoyable that playing the actual game? I don't understand people, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyraan View Post
    My question is how did a guild that killed mythic helya before nighthold only 3/10 now.
    You are right of course, we killed Helya after Nighthold opened, not before ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldsDad View Post
    If only Blizzard would let you see the group before you join.
    This is one of these rare moments when I'm glad Blizz is not listening. This would lead to more abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    This is one of these rare moments when I'm glad Blizz is not listening. This would lead to more abuse.
    theres actually an addon I use when sorting pug groups that does tell me the classes at least of which group ( Tank /healer/dps and which classes are what role). It helps me in determining if a group is gonna fail or if I get declined because my class is already in the group or something I'm able to see without needing to sign up. (premade group filter ) addon FTW!