Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Many of Trumps cabinet / government picks have been people that don't agree with everything he says, which is a good thing. He's open to people with differing opinions to his own, unlike previous administrations. Anyone who's run a successful business the way he has knows the benefits of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf I love Trump now

Fun fact - Trump is on two ends (right and authoritarian), Obama wasn't even on the other side let alone the other end... Obama is centre right dudes.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact - Trump is on two ends (right and authoritarian), Obama wasn't even on the other side let alone the other end... Obama is centre right dudes.
    People also said he's Hitler. So, grain of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If he's so good, why isn't he a millionaire crony capitalist!?
    He probably is.

Something that many people don't seem to realize about the US, or even "globalism" in general is that if (and it's a big one) you start out with, or otherwise obtain the right combination of advantages (a real education; understanding of how money, power, and privilege interact; getting into (or starting in) a privileged group), avoid obvious stupidities, and can mix appropriate degrees of competence with your chosen field, then becoming a millionaire is relatively easy - one in twenty-five people in the U.S. has a net worth over a million dollars.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    People also said he's Hitler. So, grain of salt.
    Most comparisons show Trump was similar in many fashions to Mussolini (pre Trump's election) - however it is a fact that Trump (post election) is definitively fascist (using international definitions). Clinton and Obama were just boring old establishment politicians in the centre right.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Most comparisons show Trump was similar in many fashions to Mussolini (pre Trump's election) - however it is a fact that Trump (post election) is definitively fascist (using international definitions). Clinton and Obama were just boring old establishment politicians in the centre right.
    Because Obama didn't run on the fascist use of populism, right?

Oh, right. He did. And people spent a good time calling populism fascism.

Plus, important. Even Bush has been called Hitler, along with Obama and Trump. That's how big a joke calling the president Hitler is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Many of Trumps cabinet / government picks have been people that don't agree with everything he says, which is a good thing. He's open to people with differing opinions to his own, unlike previous administrations. Anyone who's run a successful business the way he has knows the benefits of this.
    Pretty sure that assumes facts not in evidence - his businesses are privately held, and he hasn't released any tax returns; sure Trump says he is a successful businessman, but he says a lot of things, and most of them are lies (he also played a successful businessman on TV, typically but people who do that are called actors).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because Obama didn't run on the fascist use of populism, right?
    Correct ... Obama ran more on meritocracy, but still pushed a number of conservative ideals. Obama never appealed to base fears and emotions which is typical of the fascist demagogue such as Trump.

An example of a difference that is wide spread:

From Trump 2016 Campaign advert:

Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-09 at 04:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump does something right... and immediately people spin it as something terrible and wrong and evil.

appointed a guy that is vocally against him, his party's least liked values, and actually has experience where he's being placed. but you know, this is still just fucking terrible to the college kids who are still throwing a tantrum like children.

At this point, he could literally have some kind of revelation, resign, and reassign every single position to their liking and they'd still be spitting venom and lies to try and feel superior. We get it, you lost and that makes you think you have the moral high ground. now shut the fuck up and get to work on trying to win the next round before you get ground further into the dirt.(considering the next round is "just try to not lose that much" you guys have your work cut out for you.)

7+ Year Old Account
    It's important to note that Richard Grenell was highly supportive of Donald Trump in the general election while highly critical during the primaries. Also Trump does watch Fox news on a regular basis so he probably liked of Grenell.

He said this for instance:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-for-nato-post

“I think this is about NATO reform, I don’t think this is about getting rid of a NATO alliance,” Grenell said on Fox last year. “I think this is businessman Donald Trump showing that he knows how to reform.”
    Not sure why him being gay is brought up as some big deal. Peter Thiel was one of Trump's top advisers and he's openly gay. Bet the social conservatives will LOVE this choice though.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

The title of the thread. Does it matter if he is gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilrhythm View Post
    The title of the thread. Does it matter if he is gay?
    If he is travelling to Russia it might matter.

Huh. That's a damn weird pick. Trump holds grudges like they were family heirlooms; I can't imagine he picked this guy knowing how he attacked Trump in the past. I'll be curious to see how this develops.

(TRUMPISTS: Please note that I did not say this was a bad pick, nor did I attack Trump for making this pick. Save your fake outrage for someone else.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it was a concession to the realists in return for moving US ground troops into Syria?

10+ Year Old Account
    If he is travelling to Russia it might matter.
    Not really, unless he wants to visit some of the more backwards regions.

Being gay has been legal in Russia since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Not really, unless he wants to visit some of the more backwards regions.
    Being gay has been legal in Russia since the 90's.
    And has heading backwards for the last 5 years or more.

To be fair, many people shit talked Trump and yet hes still chosen them for some key positions. You'd be hard pressed to find a room full of people that haven't condemned Trump at one point in time. I'm glad Trump picks people he doesn't agree with.

Deleted
    What really rubs me the wrong way here is his WATCH!

That's not a grown ups watch at all, but something a 13y old would wear to school >.<

Sounds like a populist move