Thread: LFR Guldan

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Zero wipes. One death cuz someone refused to get out of bad. As it should be.

People actually cry about wiping to new content?

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    People actually cry about wiping to new content?
    that's today's generation they don't wanna lose.

I have done it once and the only thing that killed anybody was ppl trying to solo bonds. Nice and easy like most of LFR.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Did one try on LFR, people failed at mechanics. Cheers on guild repairs though
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!

10+ Year Old Account
    after one wipe we had a very messy but successful kill on him
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Fortunately it is quite easy to solo tank as there is no strict swap mechanic. That only one of the two tanks needs to know what he is doing is a significant boost to your chances of success as they are quite often where LFR falls apart.

Deleted
    0 wipes on Spriest, 4 wipes on resto shammy

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Lol, does nobody remembers Garalon? I think it was the most LFR destroyer they ever implemented. No Archimonde or anything managed to wipe LFR raids so much!
    durumu was pretty sick too

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    No wipes. No deaths. I was lowest DPS with 359k
    359k would be near top dps in most of the LFR groups ive been in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Jaraxxus toy from him... And it wasn't in the dungeon journal. I got lucky?

First try, I was the only one who died

10+ Year Old Account
    0 wipes on any of my characters.
    Died once tho, torpedoed myself with flames of sargeras from the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that's today's generation they don't wanna lose.
    Well, the issue here is that there's 24 other people in the raid, and yes, it does get galling to keep failing because other people won't/can't do the mechanics (Or as happened to me yesterday, because one tank threw a hissy fit, ninja-pulled and then left the group to wipe), and kicking them is no guarantee either (What kind of people will replace them?), PuGs (LfR or otherwise) are in that respect a totally different thing to organized raiding, raid progression is a concept that just doesn't work in a group of 25 strangers who will likely never see each other again...

I went with my fresh Bear-alt tanking it:

Had 1 wipe with people standing in EVERYTHING and hugging the tanks 24/7, think Guldan had like 20 stacks at one time.

Then we had like 1 minute of basic explaining and me making a macro; "/s DO NOT STAND ON TANKS PLEASE" to spam if tanks got hugged by melee, only had to use it once or twice.

Killed it with 2 people dead on the 2nd try, think they decided to enjoy the view when jumping off?
    Last edited by masteen; 2017-03-09 at 08:49 AM.
    Pew Pew
    - Ferris

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For people who've done it already, should I expect to go in and take 100 energy fel scythes? I assume I can manage, would just use a proper raid build instead of going in with my world quest built
    I can't imagine a fully powered fel scythe would prove to be a problem in LFR, even still you can always just move towards the other tank if the person doesn't move towards you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    had a bit of a weird thing though once the group formed the loading screen froze, and we all ended up back in the INN where HS is based with 30 Min deserter tag.
    but after that it was fine, On my horde main we killed him 1st attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    True. Honestly I suspect it will be far worse to have the other tank just stay on top of me and keep triggering the buff. In such a case I think i'd just bubble, let him die and then solotank.
    Yeah solotanking is probably the way to go in such cases, of course it would create more movement than usual as the boss would run around on every empowered bonds but thats probably par the course for LFR

Went on reset day in the afternoon. One shot the boss collected my loot.

I'm going right now 2 wipes for standing in place where you shouldn't. About LFR deadly bosses why no one mentioned: One and only "The spine of Deathwing" with barrel roll mechanic enabled on LFR (fixed after 1 week), also Durumu the forgotten with HARD and CHALLENGING maze phase which wiped so many people. The third one in my experience was Lei Shen (electricity is dangerous).