Thread: Top Player Bans

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    Most guilds don't want gold. There's already a ton of free gold in the game for members to supply themselves with flasks and materials and whatever you need for guild bank you can quickly make on m+/kara/hc boosts. If guilds are "forced" to sell Mythic Gul'dan or mount from him for millions of gold now, they'll have to either sell that gold themselves(which is annoying, takes a long time to do and also illegal) or they'll have to sell it to one of those online stores which'll buy it for 1/4 of the price then they'll re-sell it for and it won't be worth a hastle overall, considering you have to split it between full raid.
    I am not sure you are right...while I still have millions of gold from carryings people we always had members that seemed to struggle with gold. I don't think carries will become less common I just expected more of a warning ban like 8 hours or so for this.

want money, get a real job

-blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Basically this. I will openly admit to selling in-game boosts for money. I made ~$10,000 in the first 3 months of Legion expansion and would have made even more if I had kept pursuing it. I did not get banned and I would guess that less than 10% of the people that I was boosting with have been banned. Blizzard really has very little ability to enforce this policy unless the people selling boosts are careless enough to do it through in-game advertisements.

If Blizzard wants to get serious about banning boosters they need to take the police drug dealer approach. I promise you that there are disgruntled "boosters" that would be willing to "eliminate" some competition if Blizzard was willing to work with them. Getting sufficient evidence is very easy for people that are inside these boosting operations and would have a much better success rate than Blizzard's seemingly haphazard guesses at who is boosting.

Didnt you work for Hugeboosts LLC and Stephen C Speed the kingpin of US Sales

just to provide a little more 'first hand' information. For prestige gaming (one of the biggest selling guilds) they had two accounts suspended (GM and RL). Each of those individuals has multiple other accounts still live/active, and the GM has actually not raided in about 6 months.

on the other hand, I had one account perma-banned, no warning, and I have NEVER ever taken RL money for boosts. I did have a toon as an officer in a guild that I strongly suspect did run such activity. But they appear to be holding me responsible for the in game activity of other players - which is no-where stated in their T&C's.

Bottom line is that this action will not even slow down the guys who are doing boosts commercially, and has hit a bunch of false positives (eg people who never ever took rl money, but "may" have played with other people who did).

I appealed my action and GM's said it was a dev action and would never be explained and was unappealable.

ps it is a bit ironic they did not touch exorsus, who publicly stated they sold for money in their open letter after their exploit ban.
    Last edited by starzingere; 2017-03-09 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    "This includes selling services for real money, account-sharing, and other violations."

I feel like people are missing the part that may really hit the WF guilds.
    everyone will just start using VPNs if they don't already. Other than Bozzle I'm not sure many people give a shit about this tho tbh.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    You can google a graph of it from early WoD, just search for "graph of wow subscriptions." Considering the subs went up marginally, and not much after WoD was demonstrated, but as I said, if it was that bad it wouldn't see be functioning not to mention as I said, times and people change. People are potentially spending their time elsewhere and can't be asked to grind 12 hours a day to keep up.
    so nothing for legion no proof? k thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    It looks as though they just banned GMs from a several guilds based on suspicion only, without any evidence.
    That makes it even more sad considering how few they actually caught to begin with.

Are there any top guilds left? It seems they either quit or are banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Are there any top guilds left? It seems they either quit or are banned.
    Is this a serious question?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't really get the ban... I understand the advertising of it as that was annoying but gold can be bought with money..

Is it just blizzard wants to be the middle man?
    The individual is making money off an invention that Blizzard created without permission. Think of it like that. They want all currency to remain in the game. Even though a token exists for gold the items stay in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    It looks as though they just banned GMs from a several guilds based on suspicion only, without any evidence.
    I highly doubt it was suspicion only regardless of what these GM's say. Every single thing you do in this game is logged down to the individual emote. Unless you use separate credit cards, tokens and different isp's for your accounts it's easy as fuck to track down people or identify those who use a different account to do facilitate the services. All they have to do is look for the people advertising in trade and follow the trail.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The individual is making money off an invention that Blizzard created without permission. Think of it like that. They want all currency to remain in the game. Even though a token exists for gold the items stay in game.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt it was suspicion only regardless of what these GM's say. Every single thing you do in this game is logged down to the individual emote. Unless you use separate credit cards, tokens and different isp's for your accounts it's easy as fuck to track down people or identify those who use a different account to do facilitate the services. All they have to do is look for the people advertising in trade and follow the trail.
    The "entirely based on suspicion" claim is based on a number of people (myself included) having no idea what chat logs they could be using against, in addition to their complete unwillingness to provide the evidence that is supposedly strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i dunno how many ppl have saw this but here we are
    Damn, this should have been in the race threads, so much drama potential

Deleted
    They should delay the suspension until the next mythic progress starts... this would hit quite hard :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Question is, will this stop the boosting that's been going on since T1 of this game...? Blizzard are saying that they're going to be harsher towards this from now on, so maybe MAYBE I can have a fair shot at the Zulian Tiger from the BMAH if there aren't tons of level 1's camping it because they've sold the damned thing for 2000 (!!!) euro to someone with more money than sense...
    No, it won't stop the boosting. It will simply make the boosters more careful.

On the off chance Blizzard succeed in stopping the boosting, 90% of the faces at the top of the PVE race will change, the vast majority of the top are in it solely for the money (same for glad spots in PVP). That might actually be for the better, but the new race will be much slower, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so nothing for legion no proof? k thanks for proving my point.
    There was proof from the quarterly calls to say about subscriptions that was on the front page of MMo-Champion itself, I even just said in the last post too that Blizzard stated there was an increase to subscriptions from WOD which is from the evidence I'm talking about. Sorry you completely missed it. Just shows you can't research. As I said having a subscription base the size of Norway doesn't really advertise that Blizzard are idiots at making a game or profit for a franchise running for 22 years and soon 23. Not to mention all the social changes. So no, I haven't proved your point. Just proved you're too bloated on yours to see the bigger picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    The "entirely based on suspicion" claim is based on a number of people (myself included) having no idea what chat logs they could be using against, in addition to their complete unwillingness to provide the evidence that is supposedly strong.
    To be fair they can't sometimes show this evidence because it goes against the Data Protection Act, seeing bank details, names and addresses, they aren't really allowed to publicly advertise those. As for chat logs, they probably withdrew showing it because it could also contain this kind of information. Might also save embarrassment of the individuals caught because you could get people following said individuals, for either boosts themselves so adds to the problem or the opposite and be targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    If this isn't faked, this is one of the biggest leaks in modern MMO-Champ times.

Floopa, lol.

Edit: Fairly sure Method got 0 players banned from the RL Banwave.. Blizzard's not looking deep enough
    If you didn't know that the majority of the top guilds were doing it with the intensity you saw solely for the money, you have been living under a rock.

This was going on for at least three-four years. At least.

The leak for Method is perhaps illustrative, but it's nothing - nothing at all - new. Exorsus and others were doing it quite openly for a long time, check out the boosting sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    There was proof from the quarterly calls to say about subscriptions that was on the front page of MMo-Champion itself, I even just said in the last post too that Blizzard stated there was an increase to subscriptions from WOD which is from the evidence I'm talking about. Sorry you completely missed it. Just shows you can't research. As I said having a subscription base the size of Norway doesn't really advertise that Blizzard are idiots at making a game or profit for a franchise running for 22 years and soon 23. Not to mention all the social changes. So no, I haven't proved your point. Just proved you're too bloated on yours to see the bigger picture.
    TLDR, there was an increase in subs from wod? how is that accurate sub numbers right now? that happens every xpac, you've literally got no fucking numbers and instead trying to insult me without going to lengths of an infraction quite frankly it's pathetic i don't see why keep this facade going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you didn't know that the majority of the top guilds were doing it with the intensity you saw solely for the money, you have been living under a rock.

This was going on for at least three-four years. At least.

The leak for Method is perhaps illustrative, but it's nothing - nothing at all - new. Exorsus and others were doing it quite openly for a long time, check out the boosting sites.
    As I've already said in this thread, we all knew they were doing it.

But as far as I know this the first proof? Especially interesting to see the money situation is causing drama in method

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    TLDR, there was an increase in subs from wod?
    They reported no sub numbers. Since they felt they had to report an increase in something, they reported an increase in "MAUs". Compared to the last year = middle of WoD.

All top guilds boost for money if they say they don't and they do not get paid they are lying trough their teeth.