Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It is actually the worst.

AK/AP/Legendary RNG/Titanforging/Mythic+ are easily the worst systems ever put in place in this game.

Blizzard knew they had a problem of peaks/valleys in subscribers during the past few expansions. The garbage systems they put in place is their attempt to nullify that, however that have failed miserably.

Legion has a good story, good raids and that is it.

PVP is in its worst state ever. Even the PVP director knows this(hence pay his retirement to make him quit post on twitter)

Raiding mythics is impossible without farming an obscene amount of m+/farming an obscene amount AP world quests. Neither of which is something I will do.

30 difficulties of the same 9 dungeons is not content. It is lazy game development.

Diablo 3 game mechanics are a cancer that will end up killing World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Compare alts in Wrath to alts in Legion.

Is it really that hard for you to see the difference?
    I wasn't aware I was supposed to compare the two in the first place. No, it's not hard to see the difference. But from your so called argument, I see that we're talking extreme ends here. WotLK where you could juggle 5 characters with little effort, compared to Legion where yes, alts will require effort to catch up. Alts are not your mains alter-ego. Legion already lets you buy AK20 and I expect more catch-up mechanics as we go. Like even further increased drop rates, loot ilvls from dungeons and WQs, crafted legendaries and so on all coming in 7.2.

Now tell me, why is the most alt-friendly design strictly more desirable? Should the game strive towards people maintaining 3-5 "mains"?
    But let me guess... Legion is alt-unfriendly because you won't have your artifact at 54 (which no one really expects) and 2 good legendaries within 2 weeks of hitting 110.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-02-28 at 10:08 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I wasn't aware I was supposed to compare the two in the first place. No, it's not hard to see the difference. But from your so called argument, I see that we're talking extreme ends here. WotLK where you could juggle 5 characters with little effort, compared to Legion where yes, alts will require effort to catch up. Alts are not your mains alter-ego. Legion already lets you buy AK20 and I expect more catch-up mechanics as we go. Like even further increased drop rates, loot ilvls from dungeons and WQs, crafted legendaries and so on all coming in 7.2.

Now tell me, why is the most alt-friendly design strictly more desirable? Should the game strive towards people maintaining 3-5 "mains"?
    But let me guess... Legion is alt-unfriendly because you won't have your artifact at 54 (which no one really expects) and 2 good legendaries within 2 weeks of hitting 110.
    There's no arguing that at the moment legion isn't really alt friendly. Having said that that's fine cause there's plenty to do anyway. I realised I had alts not because I enjoyed alting, but because I wasn't having fun at max level content.
    I guess I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Why is Legion the best EXP ever?
    It's not.

So. There.

When they finally release Legacy servers once someone else releases an actually good MMO we'all finally know what EXP was the best. (BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    To me, it's not. I quit in September. Honestly, if the Legendary Weapon/Artifact System was not in place, I would probably play.
    This is a problem that'll cost my guild raiders if Blizzard keep going on with this grind fest shit, it's like they're trying to surpass asian game levels of grinding.... I'm literally not looking forward to 7.2 any more after seeing crap like AK scaling to 50 and knowing I have to farm it all over again....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's not. MoP is for me.
    Same. I miss Pandaria. Such an enjoyable place.

Easy the worst xpack to date. Haven't had so little fun in wow ever. I enjoyed WoD more than this garbage. Hell even leveling a toon now sucks, go level a toon to escape the endless world quest bullcrap OH WAIT THE LEVELING QUESTS ARE THE SAME QUESTS. Then stare down the barrel of AP grinding for dayz for said new toon, abandon all hope after 2 levels. Can't stop rerolling since all my classes are now braindead boring post-op. Bailed out, prob drift back in during 7.2 see if I can stomach questing again, otherwise hope next xpack is worth playing.
    Moo.

alts probably won't be that terrible by 7.3, i'm betting there will be another catch up that makes getting them to where you main is now, relatively simple.

its just a guess but i'm feeling like thats the way its going to go. right now its tough trying to get an alt to the same ilvl and weapon level as your main, i see it being much easier to have at least 1-2 competitive alts by 7.3 still a long way away though. i have time to play atm but i still don't really have enough to push my 1 alt closer without grinding a lot.

Loving it so far, have my main Druid and an 88x lock for when I get the itch to drop a big deeps bomb...
    M+ is prob one of the most stand out things for me, I had a similar drive during MoP challenge modes pushing realm best times etc. However that was such a small percentage of the player base that were interested, were as M+ having a gearing aspect and contributions towards legendary and artifacts is highly desirable.
    Find them really social fun thing to do with a few mates pushing some keys.

Legion is good, coz I love artifact wreapons, classmounts and a honor talents!

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Imo because of m+
    ^^^^^ yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    Absolutely not true. I've played since the original beta in 2004 and Legion is clearly in my top 2.
    will agree to disagree about it being A top 2, being your top 2 sure you are entitled to that opinion.

Im not a huge fan of Legion, Its just as bad IMO as Warlords was. But WoW has been on the decline since the end of MoP and I cant see it getting any better w/o a complete overhaul. The game isnt fun anymore, there is nothing to plan, no thought goes into your character anymore. Everything is cookie cutter, no unique playstyles. I pretty much hate everything about what the game has become. I would rank the expacs this way:

BC
    LK
    MoP
    Vanilla
    Cata
    Legion=WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Im not a huge fan of Legion, Its just as bad IMO as Warlords was. But WoW has been on the decline since the end of MoP and I cant see it getting any better w/o a complete overhaul. The game isnt fun anymore, there is nothing to plan, no thought goes into your character anymore. Everything is cookie cutter, no unique playstyles. I pretty much hate everything about what the game has become. I would rank the expacs this way:

BC
    LK
    MoP
    Vanilla
    Cata
    Legion=WoD
    Ya skipped 2 expacs, its been on a decline since wotlk, it got a bit better in mop and started to drop again.

It's not even in my top three, personally. Challenge modes were more fun than M+, as adding a time limit to something you're expected to spam is a really great way to burn out your playerbase. Spammable M+ is a horrible idea and diminishing returns/caps should have existed to begin with. World Quests are a novel idea but quickly fell out of relevance for more than your daily Emissary when the player ilvl quickly outvalued the armor being given out. Raiding is an imbalanced, atrociously designed melee cleavefest. Class design as a whole is horrifically bad. Artifacts killed the thing that made me enjoy playing a pure DPS. Legendaries...do I even need to say anything about legendaries? Blizzard just needs to accept they were a pretty big fuckup and make it relatively easy to obtain all of them for your class, so they can be seen as an earned talent row rather than "pray to jesus the right stuff drops for your first two or get comfortable with mediocrity".

Also, making players have to "earn" flying mounts is fucking stupid, Blizzard. It serves no purpose other than to punish players who take breaks. Stop doing it. Just release it in a patch, maybe behind a gold sink.

I'm not saying Legion is the worst expansion, it doesn't touch WoD levels. But it's really not very good. WotLK, Classic, BC, MoP and even Cataclysm trump it to me. It feels like they took a lot of things people despised from WoD and expanded upon them tenfold.

World of Warcraft Classic - A+ (true to Warcraft I, II, and III and the already established canon)
    The Burning Crusade - A (why remove 40-man? You split my guild, Blizz.)
    Wrath of the Lich King - C (too much comic relief in ICC and Ulduar, "there must always be a Lich King" umm no, that's not true at all.)
    Cataclysm - B (excellent leveling areas)
    Mists of Pandaria - B+ (A near return to greatness, excellent LFR mechanics)
    Warlords of Draenor - B- (Ashran actually was really good fun, everything else screamed lazy)
    Legion - F (just terrible overall.)

Reasons. Abysmal class mechanics. Slow loading times even on high end SSD, CPU, and GPU hardware--optimize your game, Blizzard. CRZ is horrendous. Lag, random dismounting, phasing. every. single. area. in. the. world, no flight at launch, too many stupid difficulty levels-just have Normal and Heroic would solve so many issues, reusing Dalaran as a main hub yells lazy, taking away abilities, no point in armoring up--everything scales, artifact weapon was a very bad idea, killing off King Varian for what--poor shock value? Meh storyline. Gul'dan has no presence while leveling, yet is portrayed as the major villain. Extremely repetitive grind, forget it, I'm not doing this anymore. 10 levels in Legion is like 1 level in Classic, 2 levels in TBC... I could go on and on but time is precious, and every second counts.

Deleted
    Unfortunately Legion isn't the best for me, I find it far too grindy and repetitive what with spamming the same WQs for almost everything and the attempts to force Mythic on people for silly things. It has some nice features but RNG upon RNG bog it down imo

It really isn't.

It's not the best expansion. The reason people think that it is is because it's new.