The state of warriors atm

So, I have a lvl 80 warrior and a lvl 80 DK aswell. I am having shit ton of fun playing these 2 classes due to me only playing rogue since MoP ( I know, not a long of period of time to most of you ) I got bored of the rogues and I want to decide on which to pick between warriors and dks. Don't get me wrong, they're both solid and tons of fun. I am mostly thinking of playing as fury not arms, since its more, clicky? Active? As you know, Assassination rogues are all about dots and pooling energy, not much of pressing, unlike fury which you never stop. Are they good in M+/Raiding? Can't decided on which to pick! Need pros opinion! Thank you bois
    EDIT : I forgot about the question mark in the title. Not a clickbait, sorry.

Clicky? What the fuck are you talking about.

Play what you want, both are viable for M+ and raiding. Specific comps are only needed to push 20+ or mythic raiding now. So long as you're not really bad at the class, you can get invited to pretty much anything.

Yeah I guess fury is a more active dps rotation in terms of being a builder/spender rather than an auto regen spender like rogue.

I enjoy it at least. Either is fine though. Neither class will stop you playing the game.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it

If a class is too clicky, the problem is you're clicking and not keybinding. But Focused Rage Arms has more APM than Fury does.

Play the class you enjoy more.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Clicky, what does that means? Are you not keybinding?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it
    Yeah no worries. If you didn't already have them in case you wanted to look in to the class, look for the warrior and DK discords. They often have theorycrafting and guides littered around.

I'm also going to second all the concern here on your use of "clicky". If you click literally any of your buttons, even one, you need to learn how to appropriately keybind and teach yourself how to play that way. Your performance and ability will improve drastically. Google it, trust me/us. We all immediately identified that one word as a HUGE redflag.

OT: I main both a DK and a Warrior in a Mythic raiding guild. I don't really know what you current level of play is, but if you're looking at a reroll, I'm going to assume you are looking for performance in world quests, low to mid M+ and some lite raiding. For all of this content, DK and Warrior excel. If you want something more face paced, frantic, interactive, reactionary, with high payoffs with an excellent 'wow' factor, then landing on DK or Warrior is exactly where you want to be. Both of these classes are thematically amazing with excellent gameplay mechanics that perform well at all skill levels. If you enjoy Fury, then I'd recommend you spend some time as a Frost DK, they are very similar in play style, aesthetic, and execution.

Blizzard has gone above and beyond to identify individual class and spec fantasies, and marry them to both gameplay and execution. The reason you are enjoy fury for being more frantic is a direct reflection of those. Assassination is about critical executions, timings, kill moments, where fury is about being a meat grinder of ferocity. The game play reflects this, in the pooling of resources of rogues, and the frantic button mashing of fury. This is equally true of DKs. So you first decision is between being a very mobile frantic killing machine, or the slow and unrelenting juggernaut of the embodiment of death that is a DK. That is your first and most critical decision. From there everything else really falls in to place. Both are excellent in all aspects of the game I listed, both play rather similarly with some class specific nuances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    I'm also going to second all the concern here on your use of "clicky". If you click literally any of your buttons, even one, you need to learn how to appropriately keybind and teach yourself how to play that way. Your performance and ability will improve drastically. Google it, trust me/us. We all immediately identified that one word as a HUGE redflag.

OT: I main both a DK and a Warrior in a Mythic raiding guild. I don't really know what you current level of play is, but if you're looking at a reroll, I'm going to assume you are looking for performance in world quests, low to mid M+ and some lite raiding. For all of this content, DK and Warrior excel. If you want something more face paced, frantic, interactive, reactionary, with high payoffs with an excellent 'wow' factor, then landing on DK or Warrior is exactly where you want to be. Both of these classes are thematically amazing with excellent gameplay mechanics that perform well at all skill levels. If you enjoy Fury, then I'd recommend you spend some time as a Frost DK, they are very similar in play style, aesthetic, and execution.

Blizzard has gone above and beyond to identify individual class and spec fantasies, and marry them to both gameplay and execution. The reason you are enjoy fury for being more frantic is a direct reflection of those. Assassination is about critical executions, timings, kill moments, where fury is about being a meat grinder of ferocity. The game play reflects this, in the pooling of resources of rogues, and the frantic button mashing of fury. This is equally true of DKs. So you first decision is between being a very mobile frantic killing machine, or the slow and unrelenting juggernaut of the embodiment of death that is a DK. That is your first and most critical decision. From there everything else really falls in to place. Both are excellent in all aspects of the game I listed, both play rather similarly with some class specific nuances.
    I've been playing using keybinds since I started playing WoW. English isn't my mother language, my vocabulary is limited. Clicky as in more active on the buttons~ Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    I'm also going to second all the concern here on your use of "clicky". If you click literally any of your buttons, even one, you need to learn how to appropriately keybind and teach yourself how to play that way. Your performance and ability will improve drastically.
    ^ This. All your combat abilities, including your potions, should be keybinded. Using MMO-mouse or other gear that has a lot of buttons on it are useful. Keyboard can be a little burden without an MMO-mouse, but it's doable.

I've been a keybind user since early 2005. I was keybind/clicker late 2004 until I hated the way I "keyboard turn" and "click" on abilities, I looked stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    ^ This. All your combat abilities, including your potions, should be keybinded. Using MMO-mouse or other gear that has a lot of buttons on it are useful. Keyboard can be a little burden without an MMO-mouse, but it's doable.

I've been a keybind user since early 2005. I was keybind/clicker late 2004 until I hated the way I "keyboard turn" and "click" on abilities, I looked stupid.
    I never bind dps potions & bloodlust. how many times i saw randoms casting bloodlust randomly because they misspressed...with the mouse you have to make the move intentionally

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    I never bind dps potions & bloodlust. how many times i saw randoms casting bloodlust randomly because they misspressed...with the mouse you have to make the move intentionally
    same here, i refuse to bind high cost (as in time mostly) CDs just because i never wanna be that guy, and there's always that guy around.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone assume, "clicky", means he's not keybinding? I know what the OP means using context clues lol. He means he likes Fury Warrior because it has a more active rotation/playstyle. Unlike Assassination Rogues where you're just pooling energy and waiting it out until you have enough energy to do something. It's just a more active class/spec compared to Rogues.

I'm with you OP, it's why I enjoy playing Warrior, although I like Outlaw Rogue for similar reasons, just the Dice mechanic isn't as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Why does everyone assume, "clicky", means he's not keybinding? I know what the OP means using context clues lol. He means he likes Fury Warrior because it has a more active rotation/playstyle. Unlike Assassination Rogues where you're just pooling energy and waiting it out until you have enough energy to do something. It's just a more active class/spec compared to Rogues.

I'm with you OP, it's why I enjoy playing Warrior, although I like Outlaw Rogue for similar reasons, just the Dice mechanic isn't as fun.
    Because thats whats "clicky" implies as you dont click any keys on your keyboard.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Because thats whats "clicky" implies as you dont click any keys on your keyboard.
    It's pretty synonymous with "press" however. Like many others, I say click all the time, even if I don't actually use my mouse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's pretty synonymous with "press" however. Like many others, I say click all the time, even if I don't actually use my mouse to do so.
    I know you can say "press a mouse button" as well as "click a mouse button", but i have never heard anyone say "click a key".
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    I know you can say "press a mouse button" as well as "click a mouse button", but i have never heard anyone say "click a key".
    I meant more the fact that people say "click [ability]".

Regardless, it's splitting hairs. Everyone knows what the person was talking about, and whether or not the OP decides to keybind or click their spells really has nothing to do with the subject. This is simply splitting hairs over a trivial matter, when it's quite clear what was meant.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    It depends on every person. I know one person who uses a simple mouse but he keybinded everything to his numpads and he uses the arrows on the keyboard to move around. He's a Fury Warrior. But he does this because he is very used to his old job - crunching numbers. But he, too, keybinds his combat potions, including bloodlust items.

Having your full attention on the battlefield is the most important. One second makes a difference in the world.

I guess none in this thread have heard of 'clicky' mechanical switches... jesus.

Deleted
    Both Frost DK and Fury Warrior are performing at an excellent level in both M+ (DKs have amazing utility for it) and raids, and both are well designed specs. I prefer Prot Warrior over Blood DK and I also prefer the Warrior aesthetic, which made me pick my Warrior.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of them and the discussion of clicking vs. keybindings is entirely offtopic and irrelevant to the OP his question.

The age old caveat of needing gear to perform well still exists though, so be aware of that. There are other classes that are less gear/trinket dependent. Once you round out your character, it's simply amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-03-13 at 09:15 AM.