Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Smith and Wesson or Henry rifles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'd be content with the Colt catalog.
    Gimme a Single Action Army, a 1911, and an AR15.
    You about summed it up right there.

Hard to argue those choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    browning automatic rifle.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Pistol grip shotguns will always be inferior to a regular shotgun unless you are literally in an area too narrow to deploy it. I do not recall 688s having many spaces like that.
    Having served on a 637, I saw plenty of spaces like that.

They call these "pumpkin slingers" around here, it's a felony just to have one in your possession. It's also the most intimidating thing in the world to have pointed at you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    When I visited America I shot a 1911, I really like that gun, it's my favourite in every FPS I play, and it's so iconic too, was part of WW1 and 2, and is still used today.
    By "used" if you mean by a bunch of people stuck on nostalgia unable to *Elsa Voice* Let it goooooo, then you would be correct.

Its use in military or police (or even private security) applications is about zero. Out dated design and low round capacity pretty much did that.

Its pretty funny when people buy these high dollar $3000 Wilson Combat 1911's then need to "break it in" to get it to feed and function with reliability.

Meanwhile, a plastic brick known as Glock comes straight out the box wooping ass with even the most cheap ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Having served on a 637, I saw plenty of spaces like that.
    637s became razor blades years ago though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    By "used" if you mean by a bunch of people stuck on nostalgia unable to *Elsa Voice* Let it goooooo, then you would be correct.

Its use in military or police (or even private security) applications is about zero. Out dated design and low round capacity pretty much did that.

Its pretty funny when people buy these high dollar $3000 Wilson Combat 1911's then need to "break it in" to get it to feed and function with reliability.

Meanwhile, a plastic brick known as Glock comes straight out the box wooping ass with even the most cheap ammo.
    The USMC still prefers it over the M9.

The M1991 (cheapest Colt made 1911) I owned had no issues feeding 230gr FMJs right out of the box, which is the round it was designed for.

A shotgun for sure. I heard it got a good spread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough I only have a Glock 20. Which is a European made pistol.

not sure if its american. Likely is but the standard police issue 9mm Barretta is my fav hand gun. very functional
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    You about summed it up right there.

Hard to argue those choices.
    Eh, not that hard to argue. They're all overpriced. Tons of people make equal or higher quality versions of those guns for cheaper.

Given, they are great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Eight pages deep and nobody mentions a Henry....I suppose lever action fans are quite rare on these boards.
    I was at the gun shop the other day and my dealer was talking about getting some new Henry that has original loading mechanism and blah blah blah. $1700+

I had a Marlin 1894, 44, sold it when bills came in and can't find another for a good price. Was a lot of fun and I miss it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    not sure if its american. Likely is but the standard police issue 9mm Barretta is my fav hand gun. very functional
    that's italian.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

The capacity is the main handicap for a modern officer I'd think, function wise the only downside is the perception that somehow a cocked hammer is less safe than an internal firing pin, when both require a 5lb pull to discharge, without modifications.

Generally you don't need to break in a Wilson, though a Les Baer might need 500 rounds before you can comfortably rack the slide. I always preferred Ed Brown and Rock River, myself. The slide/frame has no resistance and no side-to-side play, very well done. I just stick with Colt though, so not for me.

Of course, comparing a $500 glock to a $800 Colt 1991 would be more accurate, neither will need breaking in and both should feed anything. There are high dollar Glocks on the market, and I don't think you gain much for it.

Don't get too cheap though. When a Glock blows up, all that energy just wrecks the guns. A 1911 directs the energy much better with a kaboom. And that polygonal rifling really hates lead buildup.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account

A timeless classic, truely a masterpiece of craftmanship.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    And this thread America, is why everyone hates you.

Ammo is expensive and should be taken into account.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revolver. Esp. the Smith & Wesson .38 special. Model 10. So reliable and many still function perfectly even today after decades of service. Rugar Blackhawk .357 Mag, is another one I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    And this thread America, is why everyone hates you.
    Everyone as in non Americans? If so, we do not care. They usually call us for help if they get invaded.

The 357 magnum can also fire 38 specials, which is nice for target practice because they are cheap.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    When I visited America I shot a 1911, I really like that gun, it's my favourite in every FPS I play, and it's so iconic too, was part of WW1 and 2, and is still used today.
    Very popular firearm. I had to qualify for it in the Army as a tank crewman. Do not like them myself. The .45 cal Greasegun however is awesome.