Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You Americans have gone completely nuts since Trump was elected lol

There's no left or right anymore (at least not in the traditional sense) its just one big "bleh".

Its become the new extreme, you are either right or left there is no middle ground and the moment someone makes a neutral statement both sides attack them. You're all bloody nuts. Both sides have become extremists 'lite',

I like to believe there are some Americans with their heads screwed on properly. You all cannot be so bonkers.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nazi...
    Nationalsozialist, as counter abbreviation to Sozi (Social Democrat), which is the term even longer in use than Nazi. So much to the political aspect.

The term Nazi however predates political use. It was - rooting in Bavarian dialect - long before that used as an acronym for an idiot, a simpleton.
    Which, in a sense, is still basically valid then. Because Nazis are stupid fucks lol
    Yes, Sozi was pretty much in longer use. It's customary in German language to play with words much more so than in English language, so the folk meaning and the literary meaning eventually converged. However what is was definitely not was being abbreviation for the NSDAP which is why it still lived on after the war. Guess that point really needs to be emphasized.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Yes, Sozi was pretty much in longer use. It's customary in German language to play with words much more so than in English language, so the folk meaning and the literary meaning eventually converged. However what is was definitely not was being abbreviation for the NSDAP which is why it still lived on after the war. Guess that point really needs to be emphasized.
    You are right.
    Thing is, the NSDAP made the term internationally known.

No one outside Germany probably knows that Nazi comes from the Bavarian name Ignatius/Ignaz lol
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-03-09 at 04:24 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They are heroes and we should give them the highest medals we have.
    I always knew you were a left wing extremist. But I didn't know you would actually encourage violence and murder. Are you proud of this behaviour?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You Americans have gone completely nuts since Trump was elected lol

There's no left or right anymore (at least not in the traditional sense) its just one big "bleh".

Its become the new extreme, you are either right or left there is no middle ground and the moment someone makes a neutral statement both sides attack them. You're all bloody nuts. Both sides have become extremists 'lite',

I like to believe there are some Americans with their heads screwed on properly. You all cannot be so bonkers.
    This isn't a thing only in the US. It's happening world wide. The middle ground is vanishing, and the opposite extreme ends are becoming more and more violent. If this continues a world war or multiple civil wars become inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yes, because universities are unified entities that have political identities.
    They practically are. The overwhelming majority of professors in humanities and social sciences are democrats or more left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The last time we had a Dutch nazi party, its leader was arrest and executed by firing sqaud in '45/46.
    Although Mussert was just a puppet, he really was ignored in the last three years, he was a useful idiot with little power because most of his countrymen hated him. This is the most interesting thing to observe in modern European rightwing movements which do actually one way or another admire the Nazis: Their own countries were most likely either occupied or turned into puppet states during the regime. After the motto: "Yes, yes, we suffered, but it was a good pain!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You are right.
    Thing is, the NSDAP made the term internationally known.

No one outside Germany probably knows that Nazi comes from the Bavarian name Ignatius/Ignaz lol
    I am pretty sure the NSDAP itself didn't use the term for themselves but authors like Tucholsky did and to that extent, tata, Antifa movements across Europe.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I am pretty sure the NSDAP itself didn't use the term for themselves but authors like Tucholsky did and to that extent, tata, Antifa movements across Europe.
    True again.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    They are blatent terrorists.. assaulting unarmed people and elderly threathening to kill right winged people
    Not everyone in the Antifa is acting like a terrorist. And yes a lot of aggresively acting people from the left and also from the right are being watched by the austrian and german government (wanted to make an example here). If you want to start a proper discussion then talk about the problem in general, not just one side. The way you are trying to get people mad is far from smart. Try to be more objective next time.
    To be against fascism is a good thing, unfortunately some people use fascism to achieve getting everyone on their side for that matter, so if you ask me, yes it's pretty stupid.
    Last edited by Bloodwolf; 2017-03-09 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I always knew you were a left wing extremist. But I didn't know you would actually encourage violence and murder. Are you proud of this behaviour?

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a thing only in the US. It's happening world wide. The middle ground is vanishing, and the opposite extreme ends are becoming more and more violent. If this continues a world war or multiple civil wars become inevitable.

Well at least I can sit back and watch both sides destroy the world... I'll be on the roof :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    They practically are. The overwhelming majority of professors in humanities and social sciences are democrats or more left.
    So its spread out from the left to the center right? Seems like a lot of variety.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Last election, a center left and a center right party ended up in a coalition. I'd say the middle ground is still doing good here, always has.
    Probably an effect of the democratic system we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    They accomplish what left-wing universities want to do but can't legally. Why would they try to stop Antifa?
    because its illegal and because they should not fight fire with fire, it doesn't really work at the long run

Nice trolling there you should be ashamed on yourself Wait and see on 15 of march
    Caesar dies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Helpful hint, i'm parodying you.
    And you failed miserably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And you failed miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, antifa is an abbreviation for anti fascists.
    Yeah, nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Yeah, nope.
    You did not just fail miserably, you even took my words completely out of context.

Try to argument less fallaciously.

They are blatent terrorists.. assaulting unarmed people and elderly threathening to kill right winged people
    Violent anti-racism has never been wrong.

Based Stick Man is the cure to Antifa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Based Stick Man is the cure to Antifa.
    >Only my kind of violence is the right one!

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Violent anti-racism has never been wrong.
    It has always been wrong to be the instigator.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    It has always been wrong to be the instigator.
    The racist getting punched is the instigator. Just by being there.

TLDR: Don't be a racist, idiot.