Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The difference isn't in how time works between demons and mortals, but rather how they inhabit and perceive it, as a result of demons having souls that are bound to the Twisting Nether, which transcends and permeates all realities.

Because demons share a single soul across all realities, they inhabit all realities simultaneously, and have a degree of shared awareness with their alternate selves.
    They don't inhabit all realities simultaneously. The Nether is connected to them, but it is a separate dimension. Demons have to forcibly claw their way into a reality, or find a place where the Nether breaches it. Demons also perceive linear time just as mortals do, even in the Twisting Nether. Demons talk about time in a very conventional sense:
    • "After ten thousand years of waiting, he is prepared to invade the world of Azeroth once again." (WC3)
    • "This is almost too easy! If I'd known that this mortal resistance would be so weak, I would have launched this invasion centuries ago!" (WC3)

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Interesting point about the AU azeroths in the illidan novel. If there are other azeroths with night elves (and dragons, etc.) then it should have been affected by a titan's life force (presumably Azeroth's own). Doesn't that suggest that at the very least, alternate world souls exist? Shouldn't Sargeras already have recruited an infinity of azeroths if that were the case? (as per vandel's vision, many azeroths fell/will fall to the legion)
    Well, I guess that's up to interpretation. "To every one of them came death" doesn't necessarily mean alternate Azeroths fell, it just means it's possible that the Legion attacked them and Khariels (Vandel's son) died in all those worlds. It wasn't even clear that all of them were killed by the Legion, or to other causes (Vandel only saw his child died in "an infinity of different ways" and he was powerless to prevent it in all of those worlds). After all, the Legion can only get a fraction of their army on our MU Azeroth, better use the rest of the demons to attack something else than letting them sit around.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time isn't really a concept in the Twisting Nether.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Time isn't really a concept in the Twisting Nether.
    It is, though. It just flows unpredictably :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Tyralion
    Who's this guy?
    I never got a message from a gut with that name, he's name was Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Who's this guy?
    I never got a message from a gut with that name, he's name was Turalyon.
    sorry
    I made a mistake and was too late to change it

Damnit Barry Allen

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    If only WoD was our universe but in an alternate pocket miniverse like a bubble.
    this is literally one of the only good solutions, and I've been occasionally trying to fix the wod lore in my head for the past couple of years, even when I didnt play this game. The only way it makes sense is that the vision of time allows the AU draenor (specifically the planet) to exist within our universe, though in the same time and place as our outland thanks to timeywimey shit meaning its only possible to get to AU draenor through specific time portals/direct connection portals, not travel to it through the great dark. There should have been some big storm over draenor (far out into the stratosphere so we could still see the sky, and not particularly concentrated) which would explain why we couldnt fly for ages, and if you did somehow manage to get out and through this storm, once you crossed over through the clouds youd be back seeing outland.

the only other way is to have it so that the ONLY alternate universe is the au draenor one, created when the vision of time was smashed, and still have it so that the legion exists in the nether only so theres still only one legion, though a whole new universe of other things, but only draenor matters as its the only way to get to azeroth, so if that planet is secure, so is ours.

its still royally fucked even with me trying to headcanon it, and id much rather they had just decided to bloody explain the time story instead of ignoring it... what the heck kind of policy was that metzen? how can you design the beauty that is warcraft 3 and then have a part in this catastrophe? makes me cry

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    this is literally one of the only good solutions, and I've been occasionally trying to fix the wod lore in my head for the past couple of years, even when I didnt play this game. The only way it makes sense is that the vision of time allows the AU draenor (specifically the planet) to exist within our universe, though in the same time and place as our outland thanks to timeywimey shit meaning its only possible to get to AU draenor through specific time portals/direct connection portals, not travel to it through the great dark. There should have been some big storm over draenor (far out into the stratosphere so we could still see the sky, and not particularly concentrated) which would explain why we couldnt fly for ages, and if you did somehow manage to get out and through this storm, once you crossed over through the clouds youd be back seeing outland.

the only other way is to have it so that the ONLY alternate universe is the au draenor one, created when the vision of time was smashed, and still have it so that the legion exists in the nether only so theres still only one legion, though a whole new universe of other things, but only draenor matters as its the only way to get to azeroth, so if that planet is secure, so is ours.

its still royally fucked even with me trying to headcanon it, and id much rather they had just decided to bloody explain the time story instead of ignoring it... what the heck kind of policy was that metzen? how can you design the beauty that is warcraft 3 and then have a part in this catastrophe? makes me cry
    I couldnot find any explanation either
    that's why I made this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    In short, the Legion is slowly eliminating all possibilities of victory (other timelines) until only the possibility of defeat (our timeline) remains. Pehaps there will be a revelation that Sargeras's goal was ultimately self-defeating, perhaps even intentionally; either he would eliminate all realities or he would find a reality that had the might to defeat him, and thereby combat the Void.
    .[/I]
    Yeah... I guess its something like that.

Remember that its a fantasy story, so of corse we (heroes) have to ultimately triumph, even if by all logical means we should have lost 100x on the way.

We were told the timelines are constantly diverging, but Sargeras' goal is to actually make them... converge. To make all decisions ultimately irrelevant, because Legion Will Conquer All and destroy all mortals, all worlds. With mortals gone, no more decisions, and there is nothing left to diverge - no existing world in which Void Lords have even chance of suceeding.

Exorsus needed 249 attempts to kill Gul'dan. In 248 alternate worlds, Gul'dan succeeded in summoning Sargeras and Azeroth was destroyed. In our world, we somehow won. Same applies to every other boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

In that case, going to AU Draenor was needed for Gul'dan to return and for us to free the Nightborne, Odyn, Illidan and make contact with the Army of the Light.