Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So the Media had no effect when your guy won the primary, but media had ALL the effect when your guy lost the general??? You cant have it both ways.

I think I'm starting to see why democrats have been "winning" so hard since the Midterms in 2014. . . . .
    What? Nothing you said had anything to do with what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So blame the trolls on 4chan for pizzagate since their users were the ones who started it. The content of the Podesta were never refuted. Just because some jerk off trolls decided to spread a lie and people were dumb enough to believe it doesn't mean it was Russia fault.
    Russia did the hack. Are you sure you've been following the any of this? Do you think the people on 4chan that created this were completely independent?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    How exactly has he "expanded powers over the states"?

Also neutering the powers of the the "alphabet soup departments" (ha I really like that *stolen*) is a good thing. Typically those agencies are set in place to circumvent the checks and balances set up in the constitution via our 3 branch system. Once established agencies like the NSA, FBI, CIA, FDA, FCC, CDC, etc operate almost exclusively independently, without any oversight and make and enforce their own laws. While absorbing those powers (though I'm not sure how you made that leap) may give the executive branch more power, it finally subjects that power to a system that can be regulated.

He is dismantling the establishment. This is the campaign he ran on, and this is why people voted him in.

You can dislike him, what he says, and what he does... but ultimately its up to Congress to keep el presidente in line. If YOU an individual, or a group perceives grievous wrong doing... and your body of congress does nothing. That's on congress.

I say this every 4 years... the votes that REALLY matter are our Congressman. I would venture to say that 90% or more of the voting population couldn't name a senator or representative for their state. The vote where the average American has the least amount of influence is the presidential election... yet it has the most controversy and the most turnout. Go figure!
    You do realize our government was designed upon separation of powers? The idea that centralizing power into one person is dangerous. Even the president only holds a fraction of our nation's power and authority. Or at least, he should only hold a fraction. These agencies are not circumventing checks and balances. They typically ARE the checks and balances. If the president is corrupt, who do you think it is that investigates the president? If no agency has the actual power to do this, then there are no checks and balances. Trump has begun making it so that these agencies must directly report to him most decisions they make now. He is centralizing power into the executive branch, and dismantling this fundamental idea of separation of powers and checks and balances.

He's creating a scenario in which he cannot be investigated, and he cannot be opposed by anyone in the government.

If you have a clue, that should scare the shit out of you.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-03-09 at 08:20 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I think the bigger issue here is that news agencies are broadcasting false data and people are being taken in by it. Yes, trump is famous for his quick draw tweets, but it was brought on by something else. He didn't just wake up and tweet that info.
    Actually, he did. Well, okay, that assumes he sleeps at all. Which is debatable, given the times he tweets shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    You do realize our government was designed upon separation of powers? The idea that centralizing power into one person is dangerous. Even the president only holds a fraction of our nation's power and authority. Or at least, he should only hold a fraction. These agencies are not circumventing checks and balances. They typically ARE the checks and balances. If the president is corrupt, who do you think it is that investigates the president? If no agency has the actual power to do this, then there are no checks and balances. Trump has begun making it so that these agencies must directly report to him most decisions they make now. He is centralizing power into the executive branch, and dismantling this fundamental idea of separation of powers and checks and balances.

He's creating a scenario in which he cannot be investigated, and he cannot be opposed by anyone in the government.

If you have a clue, that should scare the shit out of you.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not going to do your homework for you, but a little history regarding these "alphabet soup agencies" might help you. Go take a look at a few different agencies and when they were founded. Then take a look at the president of the time and what they were trying to get accomplished. If any President is/was having difficulty getting a plan through Congress... the easiest way to circumvent it was to create a need for "XYZ" agency and let them enact said law(s).

IF they are IN FACT supposed to keep TPTB in check... why are they always set up by... the executive branch. Furthermore, why are these agencies allowed to create and enforce LONG REACHING laws, without any oversight? Isn't that the job of legislative branch? i.e. congress?

Get your facts straight. I suggest more history.

Dissolving those agencies doesn't give Trump the power to create laws, that will still always be the legislative branch. By absorbing these agencies back into the executive branch it actually upholds this idea of separation of power and checks and balances.

All you are doing is fear mongering. Oh NO! Now the president is the FBI, CIA, CDC, FDA, and NSA combined... he's a power monster! Nope he's still the same President as those before him, with the same powers, and the same weaknesses.

Congress has always and will always have the ability to put the kibosh on the executive branch.

Don't think I haven't noticed by the way that you haven't specifically mentioned HOW he is supposedly amassing this super power of his.

Also in regards to your specific fear mongering of what I assume is the FBI and CIA and how if absorbed they cannot specifically investigate the president. (1) It was never designed to keep tabs on the president. (2) We have seen the "intelligence" of our Intelligence agency several times over the last few years and I have to say... I'm not impressed. (3) How secure, unbiased, and objective... can an agency be... IF when Hilary Clinton is actively under investigation... her husband is allowed to have a casual luncheon with the director during that time? Does that not seem like a conflict of interest? Perhaps a luncheon best scheduled for AFTER the investigation. What purpose would a past president have that was so urgent it couldn't wait until after?

I can appreciate a good conspiracy theory. But you have to be able to look at it from all angles, and not the narrow view of left or right. If there is some conspiracy at work it isn't coming down on faction lines... its all government. I'd love to discuss the implications of such an act (assuming it was true) but I don't think you're willing to take off your leftist goggles to do that. Not only that I think conspiracy theories are frowned upon here. <Looks around for Darsithis> He's gone... we're in the clear... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    You listed 3 vague "points" that don't back up anything really. America is in despair now because of that? I also made no claims, so I'm not sure what you want from me tbh lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem therein is when you have people who have been ejected from the country coming back into the country multiple times.

If you're accusing me of living in an echo chamber while at the same time asking what is wrong with CNN and Buzzfeed I have some bad news for you pal LOL
    Sorry, but what has CNN reported on, that has been a lie? Or Buzzfeed for that matter? I am not living in an echo chamber. I am just not stupid enough to believe anything from the sources that Trump uses. That's Fox News, Breitbart, and Infowars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    I have still seen 0 evidence that Russia hacked the elections. Talked with Trump's people, sure. But no evidence whatsoever that they hacked the elections. and Even if they hacked the DNC, everything that was made public was all true. So what they did was basically investigative journalism. And let's say they actually hacked the elections, so what? The vault 7 leaks show that the US is doing exactly the same thing, if not worse. If the US elections were hacked, I must say it was deserved. Both the US and Russia do bad things, and they both deserve to face some consequences. They both deserve to be punished.
    That is because NO ONE IS CLAIMING THEY HACKED THE ELECTIONS. Everyone keeps think that is what the intelligence community keeps saying but they are wrong. No one has ever claimed that.

Hacking is not "investigative journalism", that is illegal. Even journalists that hack go to jail.

What Russia is accused of doing, is that they influenced the elections by using Wikileaks to hack a private company in the DNC. If they weren't partisan, they would have released the information they got on Trump at the same time. But since Wikileaks is an arm of Russia, and Russia got the puppet they wanted, Wikileaks and Putin don't care if they are partisan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Bullshit. Don't pretend your argument was so nuanced that it requires a thoughtful response. All you did was mindlessly bash Hillary for failing to defeat Trump.

Whether a candidate is shitty or not has little to do with whether they would be a great president. To make your argument is to admit you don't understand the distinction.
    She lost to Trump, she lost too Trump, say it with me, she lost to Trump because she was shit. I am sure half the people who voted for her voted because they didn't want Trump, the rest either voted 3rd party or didn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    But since Wikileaks is an arm of Russia,
    Doesn't matter if Wikileaks is neutral or not. If they're willing to be the bullet, they're being irresponsible for not caring whose finger is on the trigger or where the gun is pointed.

If Nixon were running things today, he'd *love* Wikileaks.... embarrass any political rival by anonymously leaking illegally obtained info on them without having to get your hands dirty or have any public outcry on your doorstep.

First, the calls between General Michael Flynn and the Russian ambassador were tapped by somebody. And a portion of those conversations were given to "The Washington Post."

So, who tapped the call? We don't know.

Second fact. President Obama allowed Attorney General Loretta Lynch to change the way U.S. intelligence agencies share unconfirmed data. That happened in January, just a few days before President Obama left office. It used to be, the intelligence agencies would guard their secrets. Now, the NSA can give them to other agencies, even if the intelligence is not confirmed. The results? Leaks sprouting all over the place! Leaks that are damaging to the Trump administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    First, the calls between General Michael Flynn and the Russian ambassador were tapped by somebody. And a portion of those conversations were given to "The Washington Post."

Second fact. President Obama allowed Attorney General Loretta Lynch to change the way U.S. intelligence agencies share unconfirmed data. That happened in January, just a few days before President Obama left office. It used to be, the intelligence agencies would guard their secrets. Now, the NSA can give them to other agencies, even if the intelligence is not confirmed. The results? Leaks sprouting all over the place! Leaks that are damaging to the Trump administration.
    I believe ALL foreign exchanges are tapped. Especially people like the douche Flynn and Sessions talked to since they are part of the Russian spy rings.

The Trump administration is damaging to the Trump administration. He doesn't need much help from the NSA or CIA. Sorry, but reality doesn't fit your narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC England and Sweden have copies.

Or was it France and Sweden...

Obamas brother released what appears to be obamas birth certificate, from kenya.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mal...ificate-birth/

infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-03-10 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Obamas brother released what appears to be obamas birth certificate, from kenya.
    Hi, Hooked. Bye, Hooked.

Pretty sure calls to ambassadors are recorded, not tapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Hi, Hooked. Bye, Hooked.
    To quote Astérix: "il est parti comme il est venu"

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    There's no solid proof that Trump is wrong here. Trump, made the right call yet again. Keep up the great work, Trump!
    You call yourself "the Wiser" and you don't even read a post attacking Trump before commenting...

Russia hacked yes, and in Podesta's email they mentioned a damn pizza parlor. They didn't get 4chan to start pizzagate, I'm not sure if you are even aware what 4chan is? It's what they do, for the lawls.

This is such a retarded point to even to defend, how many clinton supporters do you think actually believed pizzagate? My guess the ones who spread it and the ones who believed it already didn't hold Clinton in high regard to start and had already planned on not voting for her.

But hey lets keep forgetting Clinton didn't take one step inside the rust belt during the general election, or that she chose a pro-tpp center right democrat for VP instead of securing her base, her campaign blasted all male bernie supporters as white male sexist, and that she seemed to be having health issue the last weeks before the end of election season. All that ontop of how unfavorable she was to half the country before even running. Sure but lets blame russia..
    So I'm clear.....

Russia hacks emails.
    Russia makes sure emails get leaked.
    Every single US intelligence agency says Russia hacked emails and disseminated false news through things like 4chan and emails.
    Places like Breitbart, Infowars, and Reddit blow up the emails and also start disseminating false allegations whipping people into a frenzy.
    One of the things that came out of all that is Pizzagate.
    Did I mention...Every. Single. US. Intelligence. Agency. says Russia did this?

No, no, you know more and it's Hillary's fault because she didn't visit the rust belt. Ok.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

No they didn't say it was 4chan fault or that it was disseminated false news. It was the real factual news that got her and the DNC in trouble. You know playing favorites, leaking questions, restricting primary voting.

Are seriously going to dismiss her not campaign in the rust belt the "democratic firewall" that fell?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...-wis/93577628/

- - - Updated - - -

Pennsylvania
    R D. Trump 48.8% 2,912,941 20 Electorals
    D H. Clinton 47.6% 2,844,705

Wisconsin
    R D. Trump 47.9% 1,409,467 10 Electorals
    D H. Clinton 46.9% 1,382,210

Michigan
    D. Trump 47.6% 2,279,805 16 Electorals
    D H. Clinton 47.3% 2,268,193

46 total electoral votes lost by close to 1% or less. Electoral total Trump 306 vs Clinton 232. So what's 306 - 46 and 232 + 46 ? You need 270 to win right?

http://www.270towin.com/

So yes the fact she didn't campaign in the rust belt caused her to lose. Fact.
    Exactly the kind of numbers that illustrate people believed lies instead of facts.

If it was because of what you said the margin would be greater because more people would be hurt by her not coming through there. Fake news campaigns through nonmainstream means (email chains, message boards, sites like Breitbart) would count for the small margin of victory as...get this....they are not mainstream. You do know what mainstream means...right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No they didn't say it was 4chan fault or that it was disseminated false news. It was the real factual news that got her and the DNC in trouble. You know playing favorites, leaking questions, restricting primary voting.

Are seriously going to dismiss her not campaign in the rust belt the "democratic firewall" that fell?
    When you lose your healthcare coverage, are paying more and more taxes so that Trump can golf every weekend at his own club and get paid for doing it, and Russia is basically driving the bus that is the U.S., I'll just sit back and laugh as you beg for someone to come in and fix what we told you would happen.

MAGA!

SMH /10 char
    Brilliant response.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not going to do your homework for you, but a little history regarding these "alphabet soup agencies" might help you. Go take a look at a few different agencies and when they were founded. Then take a look at the president of the time and what they were trying to get accomplished. If any President is/was having difficulty getting a plan through Congress... the easiest way to circumvent it was to create a need for "XYZ" agency and let them enact said law(s).

IF they are IN FACT supposed to keep TPTB in check... why are they always set up by... the executive branch. Furthermore, why are these agencies allowed to create and enforce LONG REACHING laws, without any oversight? Isn't that the job of legislative branch? i.e. congress?

Get your facts straight. I suggest more history.

Dissolving those agencies doesn't give Trump the power to create laws, that will still always be the legislative branch. By absorbing these agencies back into the executive branch it actually upholds this idea of separation of power and checks and balances.

All you are doing is fear mongering. Oh NO! Now the president is the FBI, CIA, CDC, FDA, and NSA combined... he's a power monster! Nope he's still the same President as those before him, with the same powers, and the same weaknesses.

Congress has always and will always have the ability to put the kibosh on the executive branch.

Don't think I haven't noticed by the way that you haven't specifically mentioned HOW he is supposedly amassing this super power of his.

Also in regards to your specific fear mongering of what I assume is the FBI and CIA and how if absorbed they cannot specifically investigate the president. (1) It was never designed to keep tabs on the president. (2) We have seen the "intelligence" of our Intelligence agency several times over the last few years and I have to say... I'm not impressed. (3) How secure, unbiased, and objective... can an agency be... IF when Hilary Clinton is actively under investigation... her husband is allowed to have a casual luncheon with the director during that time? Does that not seem like a conflict of interest? Perhaps a luncheon best scheduled for AFTER the investigation. What purpose would a past president have that was so urgent it couldn't wait until after?

I can appreciate a good conspiracy theory. But you have to be able to look at it from all angles, and not the narrow view of left or right. If there is some conspiracy at work it isn't coming down on faction lines... its all government. I'd love to discuss the implications of such an act (assuming it was true) but I don't think you're willing to take off your leftist goggles to do that. Not only that I think conspiracy theories are frowned upon here. <Looks around for Darsithis> He's gone... we're in the clear... for now.
    It seems you're the one who doesn't know about our history or how these agencies work.

The legislative branch CREATES laws. Incidentally, Trump himself has done far more legislating than any other president in his first couple of months in office. Something that he's technically not even allowed to do, which is why many of his EO's keep getting shot down. They far overreach

The executive branch... executes, it's the branch that creates the means by which laws created by the legislative branch are enforced. These agencies are set up to operate independently, without having to pass decisions by the president. If you've EVER complained about bureaucracy ruining things, and are now praising Trump requiring agencies to go through him, then you're a massive hypocrite.

And since you didn't answer this, who investigates the president if the president is corrupt? You seriously think that the very agencies who investigate that sort of thing should be reporting directly to the president?
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-03-11 at 02:11 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"