Poll: Vote.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Anyone voting "no" on this is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    anyone voting no understands it would take years to make because blizz would need to remake the whole game to put it on a brand new engine

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Anyone voting "yes" doesn't understand the logistics behind creating a new Engine to port a 12 year old game onto.

Deleted
    Well, one can always hope! Frankly, I would love it if they could retain WoW as is in terms of visuals and gameplay and just smooth everything out.

This mainly entails actual use of more than 1 core and forced movement transitioning being smoothed out. (Disengage, Kaelthas anti-gravity stuff and knock up mechanics in general)

Do I think it feasible? No, not really. We are more likely to get WoW 2.0 or Warcraft 3 before this happens. Still, my pc is simply crying when I play raids and have youtube or twitch up at the same time :S
    Last edited by mmoc0daa967e54; 2017-03-09 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Try GW2 ^^
    Won't work on them, they think WoW has the best combat and most fluid controls even when other MMOs have the exact same thing or better. Korean action combat MMOs have more precise control and ability usage and FFXIV is just as good as WoW for a tab-target MMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

No.
    It requires toooooo much resources which are better used elsewhere.

"we're playing on a 20 year old obsolete WC3 engine"

Where exactly did you pull out this piece of shit parody of fact?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

The only thing their engine can't handle is responsiveness of very high precision, and it's mostly because the server tickrate is utter shit (noshit sherlock you can't have the same tickrate than cs in an mmo). That's why the kirin tor daily quest are such a pile of shit. But you're mostly talking about graphics I assume and you have no clue what you are talking about, because what you see as "beautiful" is mostly due to cutting edge lightning effects and calculation, which wow rendering engine is clearly lacking (but for it's own good, it fits the style).

Now, go open some books rather than starting the monthly "I have no idea what i'm talking about" thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its tough, i'd be happy if they did because i just love to see better stuff now that i have a great computer. But i know plenty of people in my guild that won't be happy because they don't have good computers. So i'd rather they just keep advancing it little by little as they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Won't work on them, they think WoW has the best combat and most fluid controls even when other MMOs have the exact same thing or better. Korean action combat MMOs have more precise control and ability usage and FFXIV is just as good as WoW for a tab-target MMO.
    why are you even here if you hate wow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "we're playing on a 20 year old obsolete WC3 engine"

Where exactly did you pull out this piece of shit parody of fact?
    i guess he confused retail wow being based on the warcraft engine...
    with the like wow alpha alpha alpha was made in warcraft, but quickly became a new game with its own engine

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i don't care that much about graphic, also wow cartonny style got it's charm.

Game mechanic change for example, like no more tab targeting would be something way more intresting

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Tbh i don't care that much about graphic, also wow cartonny style got it's charm.

Game mechanic change for example, like no more tab targeting would be something way more intresting
    what would you replace it with? i presume a wildstar/tera style? they could do that now but the game would have to change ALOT to compensate for it... like a fuck ton

Deleted
    Graphically no. Mechanically? Gods yes, 12 years of playing and it's becoming excruciatingly clear they're reaching some limits with the system.

You don't need to change the artstyle or feel of the game. Just archaic problems outstanding that are limiting the development of the game.

The backpack is a glaring flaw in the system that everyone can understand. But other things that modern MMO's can do. FF for example can direct players to move and emote in cutscenes, WoW for all it's fancy new character models can barely make the characters run/fall off stuff.
    Same goes for model textures really zoom and look at some, I think (not sure) there's some support issues. That they adapted marvellously over the years but not sure they can keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why are you even here if you hate wow?
    I like how you surmised that I hated WoW from telling someone that WoW isn't the only fluid and good controlling MMO around. How about you learn to read and comprehend before you decide to lose your shit at someone mindlessly, eh?

Also, I'll post wherever I fucking want, thank you very much.

Many of you people really should learn the difference between "game engine" and "graphics engine."

People who don't have their heads up their ass are suggesting the code of the game get an update to more efficiently utilize modern hardware, CPU cores. Nobody enjoys the feeling of the game screeching to a halt when you zone into Suramar or Val'sharah on their $2000+ gaming rig.

Yes, many people are playing on potatoes. But with a refined GAME engine (see: NOT GRAPHICS ENGINE) it could run on any hardware and optimize how it runs based on what hardware is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Both engines need to be refined for it to run on any hardware and optimize how it runs based on what it has to work with.
    Agreed. My point was that people assume someone suggesting a new engine is just talking about using more realistic graphics and art, which wouldn't need to be the case at all.

The game shouldn't be catered to people that put graphics over substance (the game itself). The art style is timeless, graphics quality increases with every new expansion.

Also, fuck them wasting time and resources on such things when they can just give those of us that want to play WoW more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I like how you surmised that I hated WoW from telling someone that WoW isn't the only fluid and good controlling MMO around. How about you learn to read and comprehend before you decide to lose your shit at someone mindlessly, eh?

Also, I'll post wherever I fucking want, thank you very much.
    i mean, you have talked about quitting wow to play other games, and constantly talk about how much you enjoy FF14 and tera over wow

and i mean why hang out on a wow website if you dont even really play wow anymore? it reminds me of heelvsbabyface who literally every video was shitting on wow none stop, not having a single good thing to say about it, but kept making wow videos and playing

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean, you have talked about quitting wow to play other games, and constantly talk about how much you enjoy FF14 and tera over wow

and i mean why hang out on a wow website if you dont even really play wow anymore? it reminds me of heelvsbabyface who literally every video was shitting on wow none stop, not having a single good thing to say about it, but kept making wow videos and playing
    You're hopeless, just going to put you on ignore like I should have last week.

Goodbye

same, had a max level necromancer and engineer, the combat was just insanely spammy, i dident really have a rotation it was "press buttons as they come off cooldown" and there was no minus to doing that

and their secruity levels are bullshit "you cannot have a password, anyone (even yourself) has ever used" i have had to invent like 20 password for there, i have 5 different passwords, one that was basic, one with a capital, one with 2 numbers, one with a symbol, each because differnt fucking secruity has some differnt bullshit, and another one because my email i had used all the others and i was forced to change to a new one, but i had used all those past ones and was forced to make a new one, and it has 7 number
    but back to guildwars, i tried all 5 (turns out it was the 6th) and because of 5 failled attempts my account was locked till i changed my password again... so guild wars is the only game ever i have a peice of paper with what password it is on my desk...
    Yea , you can run around spamming what ever in open world and be just fine . But that definetly doesn't work in high level fractals or raids , nor PvP. There are optimal rotations , DPS meters and gear sets. Even optimal group set ups to make sure boon distribution is maximised.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig