Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't we just create a game where you log in and you instantly have a max level character, full gear set, and all achievements done?

Yes, im being purposely sarcastic because i see these "what purpose does xyz serve" threads all the time. The more you take away from the original game, the less that game looks and feels like the original.

Stop lobbying to have time tested mechanics taken out of the game just because you feel they are minor annoyances.

its a reminder to keep your guard up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

You can follow the roads to your destination, or go cross country - which is normally faster but also riskier. If you chose the latter, you should at least try to maneuver through enemies. Being careful is the only thing you need to do. Is it really so much?

If you get Dazed, it's solely because you are bad on top of lazy. Also probably a cheapskate, seeing you could just get the LW barding that precisely protects against getting dazed.

I like daze. Avoid getting dazed is one of few still entertaining aspects of this game.

Daze gives tank classes a reason to exist. Tank+Sky Golem+Legion Herbalism = Gold.

Or it would do if they'd fix that damn bug that leaves empty herbs everywhere. Fuck you, empty herbs!

Deleted
    The thing is they actually rely on the philosophy of this very mechanic when they promote no-flying. The world is dangerous and wide, and it becomes even more dangerous when you leave the road! *dark ambient music*

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    The thing is they actually rely on the philosophy of this very mechanic when they promote no-flying. The world is dangerous and wide, and it becomes even more dangerous when you leave the road! *dark ambient music*
    Indeed. They want players to deal with enemies, not just skip over them, even though they're trivial challenges and don't offer any rewards for defeating them. The fact that many of us find this incredibly annoying is simply immaterial.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked TBC cause of the anti-flying npcs and fel cannons, those were 100x worse then daze ever was if you managed to get hit but on the other hand much more exciting compared to just a dismount timer a la wintergrasp. ( I know its a pvp zone, just using it as example ).

I'd love to see fel cannons / flying fel bat+doomguard patrols on Argus

As for daze, I never had a problem with it. Regular legion Mobs already do pitiful damage after like 830 gear, flightmaster whistle also greatly reduces most travel time, and soon flying.

And herbalism has sky golem, which can even be daze immune with a tank spec, with a 0.5 gather, I think with demonsteel stirrups you could even mine mounted in legion zones.

What I would love to see changed is mobs need to leash shorter distances, and sometimes follower npcs can aggro a critter somehow too keeping you in combat.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-09 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    Aw. And there you had me imagining you taking out a knife, stabbing a poor gryphon in the neck with an emotionless expression, only to drop on some mobs and assassinate them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So I run to a WQ destination on mount, and some mobs at the same level as me which I can kill in one hit, dazes me and knock me off my mount. I mean come on, if they're elites in a dungeon I can understand, but mobs on the world map? This is so unnecessary and an outdated mechanic.
    Because immersion. Because there's interesting shit out in the world to see, which is why... aww fuck it. See WoD: Why Blizzard went backwards a decade in design.

Daze should deffinetly go away, and they should really look into the stuck in combat bugs

Madness will consume you!!!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was always in game to make the world feel more dangerous. So people COULDN'T just run through 100 mobs on a Mount without consequence.

Always found it pretty annoying though.

But if you really dislike it that much, play a Tank. Tanks are immune to Daze.

It exists so my protadin can laugh to you lesser classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    They made it annoying so people buy the leather thing
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Jipples View Post
    We are talking about a community that couldn't handle hopping off their flying mounts to enjoy the game the way they wanted so they forced everyone off. I'm sure some form of "but but but muh world rp" will come out. Meanwhile the devs couldn't be happier playing off those people cause it artificially extends the life of their content and gets them dollars pumping in as long as possible as people have to spend more time running from point a to point b than what they do at point b.
    Yes, those evil devs eeking out those extra 5-10 minutes a month! Surely that is their plan. How nefarious. Now all those raids that have no daze mechanics to speak of will last longer!

Don't be stupid please, conspiracy theories belong in OT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    They made it annoying so people buy the leather thing
    I'd like to see the studies and essays that you're basing this unbelievably stupid opinion on.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Honorable View Post
    I've been asking this question for nearly a decade now. The answer I always get is it makes the world feel dangerous and keeps you from running past everything. I don't understand why they can't just make the mobs do more damage if that is the goal. Plenty of other games do it fine without this mechanic.
    Uhm... well if they increase the damage enemies do then you'll just die fighting them regularly. The whole point of daze is to knock you off your mount when you're trying to run past a bunch of mobs without fighting them. It's a good feature. Makes you have to stop and kill mobs or think. Or... just buy a leatherworking item lol like cmon. The mechanic is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It isn't. We know they can disable daze with a simple aura from the leatherworking item and WoD stables aura.

I agree with Syro; daze didn't annoy anyone in pre-WoD expansions because they could fly at max level anyway. And in WoD, you could just get the stables. Legion is the first expansion where it's right in your face.

And yeah, it sucks. I always go tank spec for WQs due to daze.
    There's a leatherworking thing that removes daze so.. it really isn't that annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always hated the daze mechanic with a passion but it did help me learn and memorize mob aggro range for WoW and other MMOs and I can usually just get around them unless I do something stupid.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I remember you could've prevented it by simply going through the ennemy. Something like first melee swing will hit you in the face, thus preventing the dazed thing. At least that's what I'm always doing when I'm not in a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    forcing players to fight some enemies
    ????????

Is this really what it's come to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    It's one of the dumbest "mechanics" in the game.