Regardless, it is a little disheartening to put the time and effort into the relic, with 2.x experience making it a BiS option at the end of the expansion, only to see a new one 2 weeks later that has +13 more dexterity, higher damage, and higher auto attack dps.

The real question is going to be the model. I'm not crazy about the NIN relic final model, so if the new one looks slick, I'm gonna be a sad ninja.
    Yeah I understand this but at the same time in the end it doesn't really matter. There's no new content coming were this weapon will make it more useful than say the relic. At least the relic weapons look good compared to these using generic models ;P.

Tbh all Diadem reminded me of today was the godawful Yokai grind. Why would I want to remember that?!
    To be honest I sorta enjoy it rofl. I do also enjoy hunts... something simple to do with my friends when we just want to relax while getting some rewards here and there. Same reason we still do the Aquapolis.

10+ Year Old Account
    280 weapons from Diadem?

Unless they are ridiculously rare, that is just flat out wrong.

Typical MMO designer over-rewarding of lame ass content. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    280 weapons from Diadem?

Unless they are ridiculously rare, that is just flat out wrong.

Typical MMO designer over-rewarding of lame ass content. <_<
    It's fucking Proto all over again. These .5 patches have been really meh.

They are throwing a bone to the casuals to ensure there is not such a huge gap in leveling content. Though 280 seems kind of excessive, this is the bait to lure the raiders in to carry the non raiders. Interesting choice but hardly the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    They are throwing a bone to the casuals to ensure there is not such a huge gap in leveling content. Though 280 seems kind of excessive, this is the bait to lure the raiders in to carry the non raiders. Interesting choice but hardly the end of the world.
    Well as a casual player it's garbage. And I maintain my stance. These .5 patches have been awful.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-09 at 03:25 PM.

If the stats are random i dont think it will happen. does the raider take the player with the relic with perfect stats weights or the one with higher stats on random stats which are at best the worst they could be for the class or for all we know could be even worse.

Imagine if they put all the stats on at random, piety and no crit on a NIN weapon?

Deleted
    played the game for 5minutes and uninstalled.

don't like the look of cahracters and how they move

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Does it really matter at this point? The last tier of raiding came out months and months ago. On top of that the real allure of relic weapons is their unique model which these wont have.
    That's pretty much the ONLY silver lining to this/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Eh, honestly i did my relics for the shiny and to have a unique weapon, its not like anything at this point is good for more than just leveling in Stormblood really.
    Right. Both 275s and 280s will easily be replaced by mid-late 60s leveling gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fuck the 280 weapon. Actually fuck it. So basically if it rolls SS-Crit for me then it's BIS and invalidates all that work I've done getting my relic? Woop de do. /s

Also Diadem is just mindless FATE grinding with the occasional special event. Because I didn't hate FATE grinding during my Anima crystal farm or Yokai grind right? They should have just let it die. Because this is just as bad. Anyway rant over.
    *twitches*

I will fuck with it enough to maybe gets minions and the Pegasus mount, but that's all. I had more than my fill of FATEs thanks to Yo-Kai. I suppose one bright spot is that they are all level 60 instead of being a hodgepodge of level ranges, thus downsyncing folks. Reapplying Cleric Stance and Protect at the start of every fate (ok, the former at least...I started simply ignoring the latter) got old FAST.

- - - Updated - - -

265s would've accomplished this (aka Kinna weapons 2.0, basically). I don't even think there would've been a lot of flak if they were 270 or even 275, simply due to the RNG factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    275 would have been okay. 280 is overkill, but they know Diadem isn't all that popular, so they do the Blizzard thing and overreward till kingdom come.

That's pretty much the ONLY silver lining to this/
    Yet the relic weapons will still retain their prestige because of their models which is really what the relic weapons are about. Prestige from how they look and how long it takes to get them. These weapons from what I've seen have crap generic models. If anything you should question what's the point of this patch because it seems like a total waste of development time. All it really does is make your first few levels in Stormblood a bit faster. Big deal.

Also I really doubt many people will bother actually going for these weapons. The event that spawns the boss that drops these seems incredibly rare and on top of that it might not even drop your weapon and it might not even be the right amount of stats. Its not that easy to get these with proper stats as some of you seem to think.

Yet the relic weapons will still retain their prestige because of their models which is really what the relic weapons are about. Prestige from how they look and how long it takes to get them. These weapons from what I've seen have crap generic models. If anything you should question what's the point of this patch because it seems like a total waste of development time. All it really does is make your first few levels in Stormblood a bit faster. Big deal.

Also I really doubt many people will bother actually going for these weapons. The event that spawns the boss that drops these seems incredibly rare and on top of that it might not even drop your weapon and it might not even be the right amount of stats. Its not that easy to get these with proper stats as some of you seem to think.
    Right. 275 or 280, doesn't matter, it's replaced 4 months from now. That's why I'm just not going to fuck with farming that shit for weapons. I'll stick to my current plan to learn Zurvan EX and pick up alt job weapons through that (for the ones that don't have animas).

Regarding the stats, caster weapons are a whopping +3 weapon damage over 275s. As much as I love spell speed, a diadem BLM weapon with zero spell speed and assortment of any other stats (even fucking parry) handily outclasses an anima and/or A12S weapon. I don't get how a 5 ilvl jump also results in a +3 WD bump for caster weapons. I can't think of any other time where it's been that big a jump.

Yeah the WD is weird. Only reason I can think of is the random nature of the weapon but that doesn't make it a valid one because of how strong WD is.

Either way fuck farming that crap. I enjoy the place but not that much. I'll keep chugging at my relics that look awesome ;P.

...now if only the Bismarck bird would drop. Sigh almost 200 kills now. If you're wondering were my totems are I used them before that thing was introduced and only did I just start farming it again. 33 totems to go. /cry

I have Bubbles...won it after 25-30 runs. Need to stop being lazy and get the rest of the birds (only have Rav and Bismark ones) so I can go to pvping for the mounts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still have tons of games in my Steam library I didn't get to yet.
    That includes Witcher III.

Kitty just demands way too much attention.
    Once upon a time a young kid walked ~2 miles to his local gamestop (next town over) and bought the newest Square RPG Chrono Cross. This was august 2000. I just finally played the game about 2 years ago. Sometimes I buy a game and don't play it for over a decade

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep chugging at my relics that look awesome ;P
    Looking fabulous is the true endgame anyway.

Guild member got the 280 WHM staff and dear lord that thing is UGLY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Once upon a time a young kid walked ~2 miles to his local gamestop (next town over) and bought the newest Square RPG Chrono Cross. This was august 2000. I just finally played the game about 2 years ago. Sometimes I buy a game and don't play it for over a decade
    Good thing that games don't lose value.
    Quite the contrary: newer hardware = great performance at insance (at the time) resolutions and eye candy.

So first Diadem run i get a 265 bracers with 75 dex and 10 crit.

I dont think people need to worry about those 280 weapons

280 weapons having 3 more weapon dmg than the 275 is retarded. can't believe they would even add that so soon after relic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man watching this gave me goosebumps (i find it funny they skipped V 1.0 of FFXIV)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Just an FYI the 280 weapons are ridiculously rng gated. First you have a CHANCE for the proper conditions to occur in diadem to open the Emergency Mission. Then you have to actually beat the mission which is ludicrously difficult. Then you have about a 1% chance for a weapon to drop. Then you have to be the ONE person out of all the participants who gets the weapon, because IF a weapon drops... only ONE drops. IF it drops.

With that level of RNG those 280 weapons might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned. I'll be quite satisfied with my 275 relic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Man watching this gave me goosebumps (i find it funny they skipped V 1.0 of FFXIV)

Holy crap does this make me want to go back and replay the old games. Now I have to go find my GBA in some bucket.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking fabulous is the true endgame anyway.

Guild member got the 280 WHM staff and dear lord that thing is UGLY!
    Right? I'm glad the classes I play have awesome ones. PLD, DRK, MCH and AST.