Poll: Will you let your kids play wow?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    "pvp based ones" = LoL and Dota? We played wow and it didn't turn us into pricks (loose use of the word we and us ). How bad could it be?
    First person shooters with voice enabled by default are probably the worst of them all. It really isn't about which is the worst or coming up with some order. Letting you kids on and interact with trade or different people in game is about the same as letting them sit in a bar all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    My 6year old plays WoW, Overwatch, and rarely HotS, I don't see any reason to stop him, He enjoys it and he also learns that some people are tards that need to be ignored:P
    Eventually he will be around enough idiots he will start to think that it is okay to act that way, even if it is to a small degree.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll let them play whatever they want assuming they have fun doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigworm79 View Post
    no way will i put my kids on computers or consoles. Games make people lazy and i know best. i got injured and got hooked like no other. I watch people use computers and consoles like they are baby sitters. It turns into a habit, and should be considered a horrible habit at best. To me it is no different than being a pot head and having weed around your kid. you are a walking billboard for promoting bad habits for a child.
    Lazy people are what make people lazy. Blaming your laziness on a Game is just a crutch.

Depends. If the lines between WoW and D3 keep blurring I might as well buy them D3 instead, it's cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were a parent, of course. Hell I'd play with him/her. I'd just make sure that it doesn't become the only thing he does for fun though. I look back at the days where I used to play WoW like 8 hrs a day and I made it a priority. While it was very fun times I also wish I did other things besides playing WoW. I was a typical stupid teenager so I couldn't help it. But yeah I'd be fine with it as long as he/she plays it in moderation and doesn't let it rule his life.

My parents never really did anything with me like go out to catch football or shoot some basketball or even ride bikes. They watched the news, reality shows, and slept all day. Exciting right? If we actually did outside activities like that I probably would've grown up a different person. So that's why whenever, if ever, I have a kid(s) I will make sure we do stuff together like a Friday game night (WoW in this case) and Saturdays we'd go out and play and Sundays we'd watch a movie or something. Just like weekend rituals type stuff at least until they become too old and cool for that stuff of course.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-03-09 at 10:58 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'd be more concerned about the online "social" aspect than the game itself.

Any sort of online activity by children/minors should be monitored by their parents/adults, a "game" is no different.

This isn't just sitting them in front of a TV to watch a movie, and shouldn't be mistaken as such.

There's no such thing as "most players are teenagers", the statistics put the biggest age group playing between 25 and 35 years of age. And that was years ago.

On the topic itself, I won't ever have kids but if I did, they'd be able to choose for themselves if they wanted to try the game out. It's not as if I'd impose upon them my will like some religious nutter. However, I wouldn't allow my kids to access the internet or any online community freely until they were quite old... and even then, I'd police it heavily.

A British friend of mine asked his 9-year old nephew if he wanted to try WoW, and the nephew answered; "World of Warcraft? That's well gay tho innit?"... LOL! I could've paid to have that response recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Eventually he will be around enough idiots he will start to think that it is okay to act that way, even if it is to a small degree.
    That's is where parenting comes in.

Deleted
    I learned how to manage my chronic disorganization and gained several life long friends through this game. Of course I'll let my kids play it, or whatever popular MMO arises at the time.

The ones who sink into the mire of serious problems with addiction are people who already have some outstanding issues in real life I feel, if it's causing my child harm I'd clearly put a stop to it upon identifying such problems, but really WoW has only ever done me a world of good.

Deleted
    By the time they're of an age capable of playing such games wow might be shut down already. But if it's still running I won't forbid them, tho I hope they'll want to play better games.

I really hope all of the "I'll let them do whatever they want" people here never actually become parents...

If they wanted to, but they don't. No kids play WoW.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    I would let them play but my kids are not interested in wow. There are much better, newer games out there that are more interesting to them.

I won't be having children, but if I did the answer would be no. Both my spouse and I have battled with WoW addiction, so I wouldn't expose my child to that. Not to mention that the community is terrible and not what I'd consider socially suitable for a minor.

I was technically an adult when I started playing. Had I still been in school I can easily see WoW having had more of a negative effect on my life.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Online gaming is a cesspit in many ways. So sure eventually they might play online games, but I wouldn't let them until they were teenagers. You an already see these awful people in the 18 to 22 range that have grown up playing online games especially the pvp based ones that are just amazingly toxic pricks. When you are surrounded by shitty people doing shitty things daily you start to think it is okay to want to make somebody cry or be horrible to others to be funny. That isn't anything I would ever let anybody in my family become.
    Humanity is a cesspit, the internet is just a less filtered aspect of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yea but on a vanilla server first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If I have kids one day I don't see why not. Maybe ill make em get to 60 on a private server for shits and giggles first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea but on a vanilla server first.
    beaten to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

WoW won't last until I have kids, certainly not until they're old enough to play it.

If there are parent players (weird combination tbh) browsing this thread, are your kids showing any interests in wow? Bliz may be doing everything they can to advertising hearthstone to new generation but it should know wow's like cigarettes, most of us are attached for life!
    Yes I let both of them play wow. One never got past level 20 before he was off doing something else, the other stuck with it and plays it when a new Xpac is released for a couple of months and then moves on to other games. Both prefer PS4, since that is where all their friends are.

I understand most players are teenagers but this game is 13 years old now.
    I also think you are wrong on that, I'd venture more are adults now and teenagers are more of the minority.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-03-10 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No. Because they'll never be born.
    Stay strong!

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: If there are parent players (weird combination tbh) browsing this thread
    Why is it weird? The average age of who plays World of Warcraft is a lot higher than you seem to think. The game has always skewed older--possibly because of its yearly expense--and that is more true now than ever.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-03-10 at 03:49 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."