Thread: Ashes to Dust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The shoulders are actually better than Liadrin's Fury. But that's because the ring is literally garbage. It was 2-3% damage increase before the patch (depending on the amount of crusade relics you had), and blizzard nerfed it by more than 50%. The shoulders meanwhile give roughly a 2.5-3.5% damage increase if you use them right.

Neither compares against either cloak or belt, of course.

not to mention the ring doesn't give you any extra str, which is most important. There's also potential to overcap with fires+4pc.
    The ring sucks compared to the other throughput legos.

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    The shoulders are actually better than Liadrin's Fury. But that's because the ring is literally garbage. It was 2-3% damage increase before the patch (depending on the amount of crusade relics you had), and blizzard nerfed it by more than 50%. The shoulders meanwhile give roughly a 2.5-3.5% damage increase if you use them right.

Neither compares against either cloak or belt, of course.
    Yeah, I'm running with A2D and Sephuz's. My other legendaries are Aggramar's Stride and Justice Gaze. I'm thinking the haste increase on Sephuz's is better than the strength increase I'd get from the other two. My last one that I just got is that neck piece that gives you a shield I wish I could get the belt at least since I have my 2 piece from NH and one is my cloak right now.

If you don't have two throughput legos, Prydaz, as hateful it might be, Is really a good choice. Tons of secondary stats and the shield is very powerful.

Unequip that disgusting Sephuz and go with Shoulders and Prydaz. For M+ Sephuz is fine, not for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    If you don't have two throughput legos, Prydaz, as hateful it might be, Is really a good choice. Tons of secondary stats and the shield is very powerful.

Unequip that disgusting Sephuz and go with Shoulders and Prydaz. For M+ Sephuz is fine, not for raiding.
    Thanks for the input. I'll have to try it out tonight and see how I like it. Especially since I got a decent ring last night so I can swap it out without noticing too much of a hit I suppose but I can proc my Sephuz on almost every boss fight in NH though so I'm not sure.

Increasingly I don't think Sephuz is that bad. Sure, it's not as good as cloak/belt and probably A2D, but you can proc it on pretty much every fight in NH.

Skorp = AoE blind the adds or HoJ them
    Chronomatic = blind/stun/kick adds
    Trilliax = stun robots
    Spellblade = Interrupt/stun adds
    Tich = Blind/stun adds
    Krosus = blind/stun adds
    Botanist = blind/stun adds
    Star Augur = blind/stun adds
    Elisande = Blind/stun/kick things
    Gul'dan = kick things

Also, I've noticed I go from 23.35% haste to 54.19% haste when it procs, a gain of 31%+ haste, not the listed 25%. I have cloak/A2D/Sephuz, and I picked up mythic gloves off Krosus this week. Simming the difference between A2D + Cloak + tier gloves and lower ilvl vs Cloak + Sephuz + 905 BiS gloves + higher ilvl is extremely close, but the proc pushes it over the edge by far.

I'm not saying Sephuz is amazing, but I am saying people are really undervaluing it. It's really not that hard to proc it and the proc is incredibly powerful.

I looked at them again today when I got on and I really don't see an advantage to switching to the neckpiece. The stats are worse I'm trading a lot of crit for mastery and gaining a shield. I'm not having an issue dying or taking too much dmg so I think I'll stick with Sephuz's since the haste proc is nice and I can get it to proc on boss fights Thanks for your input too Wutangrza it's helpful knowing I'm not completely crazy

I'll have to look and see what my haste jumps to when it procs. I haven't checked it.

Prydaz is also underrated, but I feel like with auto-bubble there aren't many fights I'd actually use it on ret if I had access to almost any other legendaries, though I would use it over the really bad ones like Justice Gaze/Aggramar's Stride/Aegisjalmur (though this one is amazing on teeming/skittish M+ weeks if you don't have a BM tank)

Prydaz is solid, but surely not underrated, you have insane survi as ret and mastery sucks. And for bis legendaries u go like this: belt > back > ring = shoulders > sephuz = trinket > boots > prydaz > wrists > helm

I feel a little bad shit talking these things when I got them the other day.

They made a pretty significant difference on M Krosus ember damage.

Update - since making this post I've gotten both my legendaries for ret (already had two tanking). I ended up with Liadrin's Fury and Cloak, so I definitely cannot complain, but I'm glad we had this discussion - I was really hoping for the shoulders, but after reading everyone's responses it seems as though they aren't quite as good as they seem!

Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    Update - since making this post I've gotten both my legendaries for ret (already had two tanking). I ended up with Liadrin's Fury and Cloak, so I definitely cannot complain, but I'm glad we had this discussion - I was really hoping for the shoulders, but after reading everyone's responses it seems as though they aren't quite as good as they seem!
    Fwiw, you want belt and cloak. They're significantly better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Fwiw, you want belt and cloak. They're significantly better than the others.
    Agreed, but had those been my first two ret legendaries after getting 2 great tanking legendaries without a single shared legendary I feel as though I'd have to start playing the lottery...I'm happy with these drops and will be looking for the belt soon!

Increasingly I don't think Sephuz is that bad. Sure, it's not as good as cloak/belt and probably A2D, but you can proc it on pretty much every fight in NH.

Trilliax = stun robots
    Tich = Blind/stun adds
    Krosus = blind/stun adds
    Gul'dan = kick things

Also, I've noticed I go from 23.35% haste to 54.19% haste when it procs, a gain of 31%+ haste, not the listed 25%. I have cloak/A2D/Sephuz, and I picked up mythic gloves off Krosus this week. Simming the difference between A2D + Cloak + tier gloves and lower ilvl vs Cloak + Sephuz + 905 BiS gloves + higher ilvl is extremely close, but the proc pushes it over the edge by far.

I'm not saying Sephuz is amazing, but I am saying people are really undervaluing it. It's really not that hard to proc it and the proc is incredibly powerful.
    And Wasting a valuable GCD?

Deleted
    rebuke is out of the gcd,

Not to mention some of the fights it's beneficial to the raid for me to stun an add etc. Yeah, I might lose a little dps on that GCD but it's better for the group

Trilliax = stun robots
    Tich = Blind/stun adds
    Krosus = blind/stun adds
    Gul'dan = kick things

Haste sources are multiplicative, so thats the correct haste 123.35% * 125% = 154.1875%.
    Are Tich adds stunnable on heroic? I haven't tried, but I believe our monk said they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    And Wasting a valuable GCD?
    Trading a global to get heroism for 10s is absolutely worth it, and kick isn't on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aribethe View Post
    Haste sources are multiplicative, so thats the correct haste 123.35% * 125% = 154.1875%.
    Are Tich adds stunnable on heroic? I haven't tried, but I believe our monk said they aren't.
    Makes sense. And yeah, I believe your monk is right, I knew you couldn't stun bloods, but I thought I remembered being able to stun the humanoids, but they're also immune.