Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All the negatives are a joke. People who spout out how easy it was, never played Vanilla. It's laughable

Ragnaros being easy -- a joke, HAHA

It's actually a big deal, with lv 54-64 equipment.

max lv 60. Jokes on other people :P

- - - Updated - - -

So many one liner swipes.

Oh well PEOPLE .. some like something you don't.

NEWS at ELEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    After playing for 12 years, I wouldn't want to ever go back to Vanilla.

The thing Vanilla had over current WoW was Community and Server Identity. Those are long gone now. Nothing else would make it worthwhile.
    ... I don't even know ...

7+ Year Old Account
    IF, and only IF it came with a club so i could hit myself with it and lose all the knowledge i gained over these 12 years, sure i would play it.

if i knew what i know now - kek no.

Vanilla was fun because it was a vast world and i didnt know squat about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bwl was downed in the first day of its second lockout. All but nef down week 1
    lol? What on earth are you on about? It took around 6 weeks to clear Nefarian (and complete BWL). Why make shit up?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-03-10 at 04:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    lol? What on earth are you on about? It took around 6 weeks to clear Nefarian (and complete BWL). Why make shit up?
    why do people seem to like to take what i say, cut out key words, then try to laugh at what i say, your like the wallstreet journal, can you read the three words i said before the words you qouted?
    also i was wrong it was done in 1 day, not 1 week 1 day
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I have done this, only not on an official realm. I think most people's assumptions are fair but not all are completely accurate. The old game is so completely different that any knowledge we have now (especially of classes) would mean absolutely nothing. Some people would love it (myself included), others would find it very frustrating (the majority).

why do people seem to like to take what i say, cut out key words, then try to laugh at what i say, your like the wallstreet journal, can you read the three words i said before the words you qouted?
    also i was wrong it was done in 1 day, not 1 week 1 day
    At this point I think you should edit that comment: make dates bold, fix "1 week 1 day" thingy
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-10 at 04:35 AM.

Vanilla > retail.

Why? Because RPG mattered. Because skills mattered. Because stats mattered.
    Retail? Ah your fine, no skill, no problem. You have no idea how to do this fight? We'll complete it with or without you; your choice if you want to be present.

Some people "pretend" to be Vanilla players .. but you can spot them, as soon as they start saying how easy MC was. BWAHAHAHA! You know .. I know.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-03-10 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Vanilla > retail.

Retail? Ah your fine, no skill, no problem. You have no idea how to do this fight? We'll complete it with or without you; your choice if you want to be present.

Some people "pretend" to be Vanilla players .. but you can spot them, as soon as they start saying how easy MC was. BWAHAHAHA! You know .. I know.
    You must be confusing LFR with the 'no skill no problem' shit. But then again you always twist the narrative around to suit your warped view of Vanilla vs Retail. Skills mattered in Vanilla? How exactly? The skill to carry multiple afk people in MC/BWL? Such skill. How long did MC/BWL last on PS when they got released? 1 day? Two?

- - - Updated - - -

All the negatives are a joke. People who spout out how easy it was, never played Vanilla. It's laughable

Ragnaros being easy -- a joke, HAHA

It's actually a big deal, with lv 54-64 equipment.

max lv 60. Jokes on other people :P
    Again, how long did it take people to down Rag on PS? Rag IS easy no matter how you try to spin it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla > retail.

lol "plays lfr and compares it to vanilla raiding" no afk in mythic raiding with no gear and no skill and try to pretend you can get close to guldan at all

lol "plays lfr and compares it to vanilla raiding" no afk in mythic raiding with no gear and no skill and try to pretend you can get close to guldan at all
    My value on mythic raiding is zero. I'm not sure where the afk players come into effect. Understand this.

Hell even heroic Gul'dan and other fights would blow people up if they tried to 'no skill, no problem" it. LFR that shit sort of works though it is always funny when you see a true afker/no caring group die multiple times in there. If you want an example of LFR blowing people up check out the LFR Gul'dan thread.

Vineri cracks me up though, tries to argue that Vanilla takes more skill than Legion which anyone with a rational mind on these forums knows that isn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

My value on mythic raiding is zero. I'm not sure where the afk plays. Understand this.
    Well when you were afking and getting carried, where did you afk at? LFR? Molten Core?

Lol, this argument/discussion in 2017 yawn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hell even heroic Gul'dan and other fights would blow people up if they tried to 'no skill, no problem" it. LFR that shit sort of works though it is always funny when you see a true afker/no caring group die multiple times in there. If you want an example of LFR blowing people up check out the LFR Gul'dan thread.

Vineri cracks me up though, tries to argue that Vanilla takes more skill than Legion which anyone with a rational mind on these forums knows that isn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

Well when you were afking and getting carried, where did you afk at? LFR? Molten Core?
    as i said earlier, as somone who "recently" played vanilla (cant say names or whateves)
    (posted this earlier in the thread)
    They really do. You can do mc in greens if people know the mechanics well (rag is the only person who you have trouble with. And its not because mechanics its damage.)

And the mechanics are pretty easy. As a DPS for example.
    Boss by boss.
    Kill adds. Then DPS boss. Stop casting when he puts the curse on you.
    Stay max range. Get outta fire
    Kill adds. Kill boss. Get outta rain of fire
    Kill adds. Kill boss
    Kill boss. Max range. Move out with bomb
    Max range. 2 groups. Kill boss
    Kill adds one by one. Kill boss
    Kill boss
    Kill adds one by one
    Back to wall. Move back when knocked around. Kill boss.

That's literally it for a ranged DPS for molten core. (There is submerge phase. But if your group has OK DPS you can kill rag before submerge easy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Vanilla was crazy hard! Look how many times he moved and different skills this warlock used during the old Ragnaros kill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEojnxf0fE

Moved to stack location and back: 1

Abilities used: Life Tap, Shadow Bolt, Corruption, Curse of Agony

Times bandaged: Twice

Times damage taken (other than Life Tap): Twice

Soooo hard. Soooo immersive.

as i said earlier, as somone who "recently" played vanilla (cant say names or whateves)
    (posted this earlier in the thread)
    They really do. You can do mc in greens if people know the mechanics well (rag is the only person who you have trouble with. And its not because mechanics its damage.)

And the mechanics are pretty easy. As a DPS for example.
    Boss by boss.
    Kill adds. Then DPS boss. Stop casting when he puts the curse on you.
    Stay max range. Get outta fire
    Kill adds. Kill boss. Get outta rain of fire
    Kill adds. Kill boss
    Kill boss. Max range. Move out with bomb
    Max range. 2 groups. Kill boss
    Kill adds one by one. Kill boss
    Kill boss
    Kill adds one by one
    Back to wall. Move back when knocked around. Kill boss.

That's literally it for a ranged DPS for molten core. (There is submerge phase. But if your group has OK DPS you can kill rag before submerge easy)
    If you even think you can kill Ragnaros in greens, it's evident you didn't do this in Vanilla.

Why? Because a good portion of "your" raids equipment would be .. not stat gear .. but fire resist gear.

Only an equipped raid with awesome gear could down Ragnaros easily.

Conversation shows your inexperience.

Just because you downed the boss at some point, doesn't mean you downed it during Vanilla, which you did not.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-03-10 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    /unsub

Seriously, the game was a mess on release.
    I would not unsubscribe. But I would definitely, heavily sign at all the grind.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you even think you can kill Ragnaros in greens, it's evident you didn't do this in Vanilla.

Why? Because a good portion of "your" raids equipment would be .. not stat gear .. but fire resist gear.

Just because you downed the boss at some point, doesn't mean you downed it during Vanilla.
    i dident down it in vanilla in greens, god no, but people did recently
    but bwl was recentyl downed in 1 day, and back then my guild did it and we were complete shit

Just because you downed the boss at some point, doesn't mean you downed it during Vanilla, which you did not.
    Bud you aren't playing Vanilla when you're on a PS lol. You are playing Vanilla-Lite where they guess at numbers the bosses did. MC 11-12~ years ago was far different than what you're doing in 2017.

i dident down it in vanilla in greens, god no, but people did recently
    but bwl was recentyl downed in 1 day, and back then my guild did it and we were complete shit
    People did recently. on live? on a private? If private, many operate on non Blizz-like rules.

BWL downed in 1 day ... MMkay. Guessing non-Blizz rules, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Bud you aren't playing Vanilla when you're on a PS lol. You are playing Vanilla-Lite where they guess at numbers the bosses did. MC 11-12~ years ago was far different than what you're doing in 2017.
    In greens, they are impossible. Good enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatzi View Post
    Yeah, Vanilla was crazy hard! Look how many times he moved and different skills this warlock used during the old Ragnaros kill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEojnxf0fE

Moved to stack location and back: 1

Abilities used: Life Tap, Shadow Bolt, Corruption, Curse of Agony

Times bandaged: Twice

Times damage taken (other than Life Tap): Twice

Soooo hard. Soooo immersive.
    And that's probably the format of encounter design that would have the most appeal.