Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I'd like to see a dryad race, as in mythological tree-people, not the dryads we already have in WoW who are basically elegant centaurs. (Like how wyverns in WoW are actually manticores. Man, what is with Blizzard and jumbling the names of mythological creatures?)

Basically what I want is something like the Botani if they had females and a more fleshed-out lore and personality.
    http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvan
    Here's what a female could look like.

I do love how the Botani Tree people of Draenor look though. So badass!
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvan
    Here's what a female could look like.

I do love how the Botani Tree people of Draenor look though. So badass!
    That's sorta what I'm thinking. Imagine a cross between them and the Botani, maybe a bunch of different foliage hairstyles, and you'd have one cool new race on your hands!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's sorta what I'm thinking. Imagine a cross between them and the Botani, maybe a bunch of different foliage hairstyles, and you'd have one cool new race on your hands!
    I think it'd be incredible! The Sylvan hair styles lacked largely in DAoC, and I'd love more than a few tigs and like 4 leaves on top of my head from the Botani.

All race poll threads should now include Botani.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards done a pretty good job at covering a lot of creatures of Myth already. Can't really think of any that don't have a similar or inspired race already in WoW.

Proper Minotaurs would be pretty Cool, but Tauren fill that gap unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    I think it'd be incredible! The Sylvan hair styles lacked largely in DAoC, and I'd love more than a few tigs and like 4 leaves on top of my head from the Botani.

All race poll threads should now include Botani.
    Yes please. They'd need a lot of work though, Botani in their current form have a kinda single-minded "turn everyone into plant monsters" goal that doesn't exactly lend itself to a player adventurer role.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Proper Minotaurs would be pretty Cool, but Tauren fill that gap unfortunately
    If more brutish Tauren are what you want, you can always bark up the "give us playable Grimtotem" tree. It'd basically just boil down to extra skins, but you might even get Tauren rogues out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Dark trolls evolved into Night elfs.
    you mean mutated because of WoE. There are still Dark Trolls out there just hidden - at least according to retcon.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Warcraft takes influence from different real-world cultures, but I still feel that there's a big gap. I would like to see some Australian aboriginal influence, along with pacific island, and New Zealand Maori. I would be pretty upset though if they all got merged together. I think there's real potential for a cool zone and maybe a small race resembling the NZ Maori. Imagine a Sholazar-type zone, with vegetation like Feralas, but designed with the detail of Legion zones. Could have cool moas, kiwis, giant eagles, taniwha world boss etc

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Speaking about tengus how about race of playable momijis ?

Then we can have wolfgirls that don't look like they were dropped and curbstomped at birth.
    i want a race of my waifu
    they summon weapons, have special powers, and can fuse to play like chogall in heros of the storm, to become even more powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I like how Warcraft takes influence from different real-world cultures, but I still feel that there's a big gap. I would like to see some Australian aboriginal influence, along with pacific island, and New Zealand Maori. I would be pretty upset though if they all got merged together. I think there's real potential for a cool zone and maybe a small race resembling the NZ Maori. Imagine a Sholazar-type zone, with vegetation like Feralas, but designed with the detail of Legion zones. Could have cool moas, kiwis, giant eagles, taniwha world boss etc
    That would be pretty cool. Now I kinda wish the Emerald Dream resembled the Dreamtime. And kiwi bird hunter pets sounds awesome. Emus and moas would give Blizz an excuse to update the Tallstrider model too.

Though I remember Maori groups flipping their shit over Lego's Bionicles taking influence from their culture, so Blizzard might not have a fun time if they did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i want a race of my waifu
    they summon weapons, have special powers, and can fuse to play like chogall in heros of the storm, to become even more powerful!
    If you must shitpost, at least you picked the best gem.

That would be pretty cool. Now I kinda wish the Emerald Dream resembled the Dreamtime. And kiwi bird hunter pets sounds awesome. Emus and moas would give Blizz an excuse to update the Tallstrider model too.

Though I remember Maori groups flipping their shit over Lego's Bionicles taking influence from their culture, so Blizzard might not have a fun time if they did the same.

If you must shitpost, at least you picked the best gem.
    i did, peridot is best gem :P

but OT for races, i have allways thought getting the fel corrupted blood elves would have been really cool
    and come on naga? like, how long do we need to wait to get our fucking naga!?
    they have genders, they have different colours, features, and would work perfectly (the only issue is leg/boots but tauren and dranei allready deal with boots and mounts i guess? they coudl easily make it work for mounts)

like these are pretty good rig set ups for people who dont work on the game (second being the best in my opnion, the legs work very well, like the whole tail is covered, looks very nice) and we also allready have updated naga models, that can even jump allready
    like danm i want to be one!!!
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-10 at 03:56 AM.

Catgirls

Wow needs Catgirls and Felicia

i did, peridot is best gem :P

but OT for races, i have allways thought getting the fel corrupted blood elves would have been really cool
    and come on naga? like, how long do we need to wait to get our fucking naga!?
    they have genders, they have different colours, features, and would work perfectly (the only issue is leg/boots but tauren and dranei allready deal with boots and mounts i guess? they coudl easily make it work for mounts)

like danm i want to be one!!!
    I'd want naga too, but that tail is a pretty nasty technical issue, given pretty much everything we can sit or stand on in-game is built with bipedal humanoids in mind. Other issues would be the fins clipping through armour, and the fact that females have two extra arms. It's a pain in the ass, because with all their lore, presence and design (especially given how good their Legion models are), they're just begging to be made playable!

I'd want naga too, but that tail is a pretty nasty technical issue, given pretty much everything we can sit or stand on in-game is built with bipedal humanoids in mind. Other issues would be the fins clipping through armour, and the fact that females have two extra arms. It's a pain in the ass, because with all their lore, presence and design (especially given how good their Legion models are), they're just begging to be made playable!
    well it wouldn't take too too long to make them able to sit (hell its half the work of making a class able to walk with 2 legs ;3)
    i dont exactly get how the fins would be an issue because many other races run into clipping issues (horns on taruen and demon hunter) like clipping horribly on alot of helms
    and what about females with extra arms? they could
    hold 2 copies of a weapon (and attack at the same time, but like the two upper arm attacks dont actually attack, just you know do the animation)
    and yeah i just want them so fucking bad

well it wouldn't take too too long to make them able to sit (hell its half the work of making a class able to walk with 2 legs ;3)
    i dont exactly get how the fins would be an issue because many other races run into clipping issues (horns on taruen and demon hunter) like clipping horribly on alot of helms
    and what about females with extra arms? they could
    hold 2 copies of a weapon (and attack at the same time, but like the two upper arm attacks dont actually attack, just you know do the animation)
    and yeah i just want them so fucking bad
    I imagine they'd have to ride side-saddle a lot. I do want to see their tails splayed about in mounts like Mimiron's Head like a bowl of spaghetti though.

For the fins, I say it mainly because they'd likely always clip, while Tauren and Draenei horns seem to vary on which headgears they clip through or vanish inside (intentionally or not). The fins are also far bigger and more noticeable, like if Gul'dan tried to wear plate with those massive bone spikes jutting out his back.

I figure there'd be endless questions of "what do we do with the extra arms?", "why can't i hold four swords?", "why can't i hold two two-handers?", etc. I know Shivarra have like six arms, but they only use two and it looks really stupid. So I dunno...

I mean, I do want them, but I can see why they haven't been added thus far. Tauren and Draenei are probably the most non-standard body designs of the playable races, and even they're still very different from Naga models in the technical department.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

I imagine they'd have to ride side-saddle a lot. I do want to see their tails splayed about in mounts like Mimiron's Head like a bowl of spaghetti though.

For the fins, I say it mainly because they'd likely always clip, while Tauren and Draenei horns seem to vary on which headgears they clip through or vanish inside (intentionally or not). The fins are also far bigger and more noticeable, like if Gul'dan tried to wear plate with those massive bone spikes jutting out his back.

I figure there'd be endless questions of "what do we do with the extra arms?", "why can't i hold four swords?", "why can't i hold two two-handers?", etc. I know Shivarra have like six arms, but they only use two and it looks really stupid. So I dunno...

I mean, I do want them, but I can see why they haven't been added thus far. Tauren and Draenei are probably the most non-standard body designs of the playable races, and even they're still very different from Naga models in the technical department.
    Well with the clipping issue, they can make armor around that. Example the undead. They have bones clipping out of their armor, but that's the appeal. ;D

I think the extra arms on females would be really cool! Could make it a special racial ability, bring a little uniqueness to a race and even sex which hasn't been done in WoW yet.

We need Spren from the Stormlight Archive, the cool talkative ones.

I want my own Spren, that floats around me and picks up my loot for me.

And I wanna customise it.

And it has to say cool things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    you mean mutated because of WoE. There are still Dark Trolls out there just hidden - at least according to retcon.
    evolution is mutation

Formerly known as Arafal

The Jalgar.

They were briefly described in Chronicle Vol 1 as the progenitor race of the Furbolg native to Northrend, who were defeated and driven south by the Vrykul.

I would love to see a lost tribe of Jalgar re-emerge, that would be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    evolution is mutation
    There is a massive difference tho, mutation is usually something that happens quite fast and unnaturally. Evolution is a very slow process that makes creature adapt to diffrent environment and it's happening on it's own. Without outside means. And here it is quite visible.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    There is a massive difference tho, mutation is usually something that happens quite fast and unnaturally. Evolution is a very slow process that makes creature adapt to diffrent environment and it's happening on it's own. Without outside means. And here it is quite visible.
    I don't think that is true (no biologist though). You are giving a little too much meaning to mutation, doesn't need to be an outside force causing it. It could be as simple as an error in rna transcription (a natural process). These errors cause evolution as a beneficial mutation causes the host organism to survive better and pass the mutation on to future generations.

So they have a cause and effect relationship
    Last edited by Suru; 2017-03-10 at 07:34 PM.