Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    People did recently. on live? on a private? If private, many operate on non Blizz-like rules.

BWL downed in 1 day ... MMkay. Guessing non-Blizz rules, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

In greens, they are impossible. Good enough?
    no it was blizz like, again we are talking about a VERY POPULAR blizz like, that i cant name or infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros being easy -- a joke, HAHA
    I dare you to write down things you need to do on Rag in your next post
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

People did recently. on live? on a private? If private, many operate on non Blizz-like rules.

BWL downed in 1 day ... MMkay. Guessing non-Blizz rules, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

In greens, they are impossible. Good enough?
    Yes I learned that much in my thread where I wanted to know more about vanilla that private servers is not a valid experience, not an actual representation of what it was like. At least that's what one camp seems to be saying.

Those were my favorite times, but no I wouldn't play it. I'd be WAY better than I was, of course, but still have no interest in going backward.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no it was blizz like, again we are talking about a VERY POPULAR blizz like, that i cant name or infraction
    To be fair, all "blizz like" servers pull all the numbers our of their asses, there is no way to have proper tuning as it was on vanilla. Also, most private servers use late vanilla talents, one-handers rebalance, etc, when you go to MC and mage do not have to talent into Evocation, well, now you have an option to bring a mage over a warlock, which wasn't the case back in vanilla.
    Also, addons and bots. An addon that eats healthstones or potions for you when you are at low health, or talents that swap your abilities around depending on what's happening right now (aka, "oh shit i'm out of mana well good for me that my shadowbolt is now a lifetap lololol).
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-03-10 at 05:25 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This question arises on a daily basis. I can never tell if the person is trolling, or really desperate for attention. It must never get old asking the same question and receiving the same answer. The fact of the matter, is that vanilla WoW wasn't better, than the current state of the game. There has always been severe content droughts, poor implementation, extreme unbalances, etc. However, as the game ages people begin to develop a deep nostalgia that tickles their balls and makes them feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I'd be willing to make the assumption that a vast majority of Vanilla worshipers were children at the time. Therefore, this consistent reminiscing is more focused on a simpler time in their lives, than Vanilla WoW itself. Not to mention, that if you have been actively playing for the past 10+ years, the game has become inevitably stale. Unlike, 10 years prior, when you were a noob and everything was fresh. Low and behold, quit asking this question. It's been beaten to death by now... a multitude of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Boss mechanics from vanilla WoW would feel laughably easy now.
    Uh huh, that's why people bitched and moan during the anniversary event that brought Molten Core up to level (but didn't change any mechanics).

Rose tinted glasses in reverse...

Simple mechanics does not equate to easy mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Uh huh, that's why people bitched and moan during the anniversary event that brought Molten Core up to level (but didn't change any mechanics).

Because it was A) LFR B) Different ways of dealing with old mechanics, like curses. In Vanilla there was no CD on dispels and modern WoW there is. C) The event was hated because it took forever to do the place due to the health on bosses and only one boss dropped anything people would use. That meant every other boss was pretty pointless. D) It was LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post

Simple mechanics does not equate to easy mechanics.
    People bitched and moaned because people were lost in a dungeon, had no DBM loaded for MC and were AFKing and required to walk A LOT. For a first day of event. Then everything returned to LFR level. Like any LFR does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Because it was A) LFR B) Different ways of dealing with old mechanics, like curses. In Vanilla there was no CD on dispels and modern WoW there is. C) The event was hated because it took forever to do the place due to the health on bosses and only one boss dropped anything people would use. That meant every other boss was pretty pointless. D) It was LFR.
    If vanilla you had decursive addon, and one decurse dedicated person, who spammed one button whole bossfight to remove curses from affected targets without even needing to target them or being aware. Just bind it to "1" and spam this shit!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    To be fair, all "blizz like" servers pull all the numbers our of their asses, there is no way to have proper tuning as it was on vanilla. Also, most private servers use late vanilla talents, one-handers rebalance, etc, when you go to MC and mage do not have to talent into Evocation, well, now you have an option to bring a mage over a warlock, which wasn't the case back in vanilla.
    Also, addons and bots. An addon that eats healthstones or potions for you when you are at low health, or talents that swap your abilities around depending on what's happening right now (aka, "oh shit i'm out of mana well good for me that my shadowbolt is now a lifetap lololol).
    the server were talking about will ban you for those kinda things, they are against botting, even multi boxxing is bannable
    and idk, it seems to be the most accurate as alot of people say, and come on it should be odvious what server im talking about right? (again i cant say name)

It was not Blizz-like. If Ragnaros was killed in greens, it was a stunt, not representative of what others can do. Link the video. It might actually be neat to watch (?).

The 1st boss was difficult enough to kill in greens, let alone the 10th boss. I'll assert a no. Vanilla Ragnoros downed with greens? NO. There would be no attack power. Incoming damage would be insane without fire resists. The fight would last a whole 20-30 seconds before defeat. (all 40 players dead)

That is, if you even got past Domo. Somehow ...
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-03-10 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the server were talking about will ban you for those kinda things, they are against botting, even multi boxxing is bannable
    It's untrackable from their side because they don't have nothing like warden, unless you stream it or post a video of your automation it's fine

If vanilla you had decursive addon, and one decurse dedicated person, who spammed one button whole bossfight to remove curses from affected targets without even needing to target them or being aware. Just bind it to "1" and spam this shit!
    Oh I remember it well, it just lined up people and you could click it and spam through the list or bind it as you said. Do you ALSO remember when they broke that addon (as well as many other addons) and forced people to decurse in different ways? There was some funtime wipe fests as people figured out decursing was a lot trickier if you couldn't just mindlessly spam it to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    with a statement like that you either 1 Not a gamer or 2 did not ever experience classic
    Even TBC was messy, esp if you take a critical look at class design.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was not Blizz-like. If Ragnaros was killed in greens, it was a stunt, not representative of what others can do. Link the video. It might actually be neat to watch (?).

The 1st boss was difficult enough to kill in greens, let alone the 10th boss. I'll assert a no. Vanilla Ragnoros downed with greens? NO. There would be no attack power. Incoming damage would be insane without fire resists. The fight would last a whole 20-30 seconds before defeat. (all 40 players dead)

That is, if you even got past Domo. Somehow ...
    i cant link it without possible infraction, but just look it up and you willl possibly find it

It's untrackable from their side because they don't have nothing like warden, unless you stream it or post a video of your automation it's fine
    They actually do

Warden is a part of WoW client, so you can make it work w/ warden daemon that's on server's side. At least it was possible to do so in late 2011, I guess it's even better now

-- edit #1

Ah, we're talking about Vanilla T_T Nah, unless a PS uses some sort of custom launcher for WoW client they don't have built-in anti-cheats, but server-side anti-cheats are quite common anyway, and they usually are better.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-10 at 05:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Even TBC was messy, esp if you take a critical look at class design.
    wanna see the most funny thing in the world?

the whole video is like super descriptive and tons of detail, massive paragrapsh on some things then look at when it gets to dps
    on stats and gear

and on the dps

i cant link it without possible infraction, but just look it up and you willl possibly find it
    PM the link. I won't attribute it to you.

or PM keywords, if you want to be anonymous.

MC could easily be cleared in greens to anyone who says it can't. It was done by a guild on Altar of Storms when the server first opened. Hell, they were in Naxx 40 killing bosses with greens on. They knew what they were doing and any top guild today could go back and do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    MC could easily be cleared in greens to anyone who says it can't. It was done by a guild on Altar of Storms when the server first opened. Hell, they were in Naxx 40 killing bosses with greens on. They knew what they were doing and any top guild today could go back and do the same.
    Easily done now, but not with 2004-2006 mechanics. Easily done.. Oh yeah Naxx 40 with greens. Everyone did that, so everyone can relate. Not.

What you are saying is that a major guild did something incredible; thus it's easy as pie. Did I understand correct?