Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I mean I'm not a fan of bell towers as I think they are annoying and no longer serve a purpose, but at least we have a bell sound and no some random whiny sounding gibberish blasted through them. From that point I can understand the motion. On the other hand I know this won't help relieve the tensions down there..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean I'm not a fan of bell towers as I think they are annoying and no longer serve a purpose, but at least we have a bell sound and no some random whiny sounding gibberish blasted through them. From that point I can understand the motion. On the other hand I know this won't help relieve the tensions down there..
    Blood's been shed there for most if not all of human history. nothing short of glassing the whole area and starting over will ease the tensions.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah? Well, I don't want to hear your whining and crying at the Wailing Wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So I lives in a area where a church had a loud electronic bell that played every hour on the hour. It also rang the number of the hour, so 12pm was 12 chimes.

Another church where i live now has a similar bell that rings every morning.

Are they "terrorizing" the neighborhood?

It's one thing to set up noise ordinances, but I'll definitely call discrimination if only group is singled out.
    That doesn't sound like it's something legal. Nobody asked to be notified of the hour. It's more like an hourly propaganda reminder that some church of some religion is there.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    These mosques shouldn't even be broadcasting their religion.

Secular societies should not tolerate any concession to religious or superstitious beliefs.
    Secular societies should leave people alone to act on whatever faith they want. Secularism doesn't require evangelical atheism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    That doesn't sound like it's something legal. Nobody asked to be notified of the hour. It's more like an hourly propaganda reminder that some church of some religion is there.
    Things like these are entirely up to the law and often enough local administration. Around here it's pretty much up to the towns in question how they handle it. Our churches still do the annoying bell ringing as well, though they usually have toned it down a bit because they know not everyone is enjoying it. They certainly don't wake you at 5 am. Fairly certain they adhere to allowed times in which you are permitted make noise (like construction or doing gardening etc.)

I actually enjoyed waking up to the prayer while traveling, but I'm sure it would get annoying, very quickly. I don't care what it is, if you're waking me up when I don't want to be awake, I'm gonna hate it. My ex used to have a church with bells right behind their apartment. The worsttttttttttttttttt.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Wake up to "ALLLAHU AKBAR ALLLLLLLAAAAAAAHHHUUUUUUU AKBAR!" would scare the shit out of me. I wouldn't be able stand that for more than a few days.... I should watch less LiveLeak video...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    "This is a social-minded law that aims to protect citizens' sleep..."

Yes, let's think about citizens' sleeping peacefully while their Government continues its brutal genocide of the Palestinian people.
    Brutal genocide...

Let me ask you a question and answer WITHOUT opening wikipedia: how many palestinians died in the last 100 years from this "brutal genocide"? last 100 years including several full scale wars between Israel and multiple arab armies, several Gaza wars, ect. how many?

I will tell you your answer because this was already researched before : most people said : "I don't know, 10 million? 16 million?".
    The correct answer is about 20k. About the number deaths in Syria in a month or less.

How can population GROW few times European growth while being under "brutal genocide"? The answer is simple -
    Using "useful idiots" like yourself who repeating terror organization lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Dont see a problem with this, how many jewish synagoges is allowed in muslim countries? NOT ALOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    fuck islam

[Infracted]
    If you had written "fuck Russia" then Endus, our pc hypocrite wouldn't have banned you. You would have been free to break forum rules like Endus allows Skroe to do.
    Just a tip how "moderating" works in this forum..

I hated the call to prayer when I over as much as I hate the church bells back home. I don't care which flying spaghetti monster you claim allegiance to, you don't have to wake me up about it.

I don't see what the big deal is. We have noise ordinances here in America at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    If you had written "fuck Russia" then Endus, our pc hypocrite wouldn't have banned you. You would have been free to break forum rules like Endus allows Skroe to do.
    Just a tip how "moderating" works in this forum..
    Write a PM to one of the other moderators complaining. Sooner or later something will be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. We have noise ordinances here in America at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Write a PM to one of the other moderators complaining. Sooner or later something will be done.
    Is there a moderator that isn't Liberal biased? I have been in flame wars where I got ban but the people who also cursed recieved not even infractions even though reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think that analogy is wrong..
    A more fitting one would be like living near a train station, and then complaining after decades that the noise the trains make suddenly disturbs you.
    The muezzins doing their task for over a thousand years. And now, all of a sudden, it's a problem?

No, sorry, it's just another one on the list of that Zionist bullshit that goes in Israel since Netanyahu runs the show.
    It's always been a problem.

Having someone blaring garbage at you as loud as they are able over a loudspeaker because 'its their religion' is garbage.

No one is detracting their ability to do the prayer call. Just not over a goddamn loudspeaker at 5 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post

"Neighbour's alarm clock".. yeah, sure... no thanks
    If I had to deal with that shit at 5am every day there's certainly be violence. Buy a fucking alarm clock, Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Is there a moderator that isn't Liberal biased? I have been in flame wars where I got ban but the people who also cursed recieved not even infractions even though reported.
    All you ca do is try or just quit visiting the site and leave the US haters to wallow in the hatred.

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4933736,00.html

Today Israeli Muslims marched against the purposed law, waving Palestinian flags and calling to disobey the country's law.
    there were around 1,500 people according to reports. saying: "This is crossing a red line, we will sacrifice our lives for the mosque", according to the reports.

They also said, they will not obey the law, and if they will pass, they will just install loudspeakers on top of every home, to make it even louder.
    meanwhile, the Mayor of "Baka al-garbia" ordered to use the city's hall building speakers as well.

btw, the law does not state any religion.
    it only states not to have loud speakers from any religion during night-time or during the day if it exceeds the allowed noise threshold.

"You are committing a racist act," said Ahmed Tibi
    Ahmed Tibi is too ignorant to know the difference between religion and race. If they held conviction, they'd set their own alarms.

Israel is just a state of hatred. Founded through terrorism, run by the right, no equal Rights for goyim. Now they're going against a vore western value: religious freedom.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-03-12 at 02:19 AM.