Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamse View Post
    WHAT IF:

A group depletes and all 5 members gets a permanent depleted "debuff". Only way to remove the depleted status is to run a dungeon without loot. The key itself doesnt deplete, just stays at the same (or lowers one) level.

This way people will think about it alot more before leaving out of nowhere (because it aint fun running another dungeon just to fuck over this current group) and the rest of us (that simply just didnt clear it in time, due to performance) will have to run a "depleted run", which is excactly what we deserve, because we weren't good enough. This way it aint just the keyholder being punished and everyone that needs to feel good about what theyre going into. There's no point trying to sneak in somewhere with worse performance than what you know you should have either.
    Wow, you clearly have not thought this through....

Do you really think people like the one in the OP post would care? They would just go on and deplete more and more and more keystones in the same way, only now, the group he does it with is utterly fucked, because THEY care and now have to do a senseless no-loot run.

There will always be idiots in an online game. Just human nature. No need to punish 4 others because there is 1 idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    People who leave keystone dungeons should definately get some debuff where they can't enter a Mythic+ for 3/6/12/24 hours, problem is if it's a legit reason/emergency, hard to identify properly.

Give it like 72 hours to 7 days before resetting the punishment timer back to 3 hours for 1st leave.

Repeated offense gets punished harshly this way.

Times could be adjusted maybe to be like, 1 hour 1st time, 12 hours 2nd, 24 hour 3rd.

Of course blizzard can track the debuff hitting people to consider actual bans.
    A legit emergency will likely last more then 3 hours. so they won't be affected much by a 3 hour lockout. and then if they don't have emergencies all the time, the lockout won't double.

tho knowing blizz the best well get is a deserter debuff so you can just log an alt and keep ruining keys. :P

personally only ever run into douchebags like this like once every 100 dungeons orso.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-03-10 at 11:18 AM.

The whole depleted key issue is not that big. Keys are plentiful and you can just join another group to do something. It isn't worth it to get worked up about.
    As for people being malicious - yes, that happens too - but seldom and in my experience in most cases it was instigated in some way. Rarely people are completely innocent victims and you have to be mindful of how your actions may turn your fellow players to react. For example if you start being hateful or disrespectful towards someone they are not that likely to stick around - in my mind understandably so.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-03-10 at 11:19 AM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will confess that I am a complete cunt. I got knocked back from a Nighthold normal mode run because I didn't have curve from heroic so I joined mythic keys on my tank and left half way through to screw people over and take revenge on the community.

People being dicks is a constant, it will never end so you might as well get your own back.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I will confess that I am a complete cunt. I got knocked back from a Nighthold normal mode run because I didn't have curve from heroic so I joined mythic keys on my tank and left half way through to screw people over and take revenge on the community.

People being dicks is a constant, it will never end so you might as well get your own back.
    Are u serious ? .......... -.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Are u serious ? .......... -.-'
    Dead serious, I love WoW but the community has been screwing me for years ever since they brought in gearscore. I don't owe them a damn thing.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted

Petty and ridiculous. Just because others are jerks to you doesn't mean you should be a jerk to others, be the better person and look the other way.

15+ Year Old Account

So someone was a dick to you, so you thought the best cause of action was to be a dick to someone else entirely?

That behaviour is exactly what perpetuates the kind of bullshit behaviour you experienced in the first place.

Ergo: You're part of the "community problem".
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    So someone was a dick to you, so you thought the best cause of action was to be a dick to someone else entirely?

That behaviour is exactly what perpetuates the kind of bullshit behaviour you experienced in the first place.

Ergo: You're part of the "community problem".
    As I said, the 'community problem' can never be solved. I'm not about to roll over and let people dick me over.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    There should be some punishment for behavior like this, but you always risk your key when pugging.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said, the 'community problem' can never be solved. I'm not about to roll over and let people dick me over.
    The point is: you ARE the "community problem".

Taking out your frustration on being dicked over by dicking over someone else makes you no better - if not worse - than the one who did it to you.
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The point is: you ARE the "community problem".

Taking out your frustration on being dicked over by dicking over someone else makes you no better - if not worse - than the one who did it to you.
    What's your solution? Sit in the corner and cry?

I don't care if it's a cycle of dickheads, clearly people get screwed no matter what and there's no bonus points for the mora high ground. I feel a sense of justice when I do it.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

There is no good reason to have keystones to become "depleted" if a group fails to achieve the time.

Just give players the incentive to achieve the time. No punishment if the group fails. The whole idea of forcing players to reinvigorate their keystones by completing an entire run of a dungeon without any loot is poor design.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's your solution? Sit in the corner and cry?
    Realise you're being immature by projecting your own frustrations on other, innocent, people?
    Do your bit to prevent the community descending further into a toxic shit pool by not propagating the cycle of toxic behaviour further?

Dead serious, I love WoW but the community has been screwing me for years ever since they brought in gearscore. I don't owe them a damn thing.
    Just get high enough ilvl and they wont knock you back. But I wouldnt invite you cos what if you dont get what you want during raid youll probably do some childish thing cos you got a bad attitude

you have serious issues if u think harming another human being is a way to solve the fact that human beings are being idiots

being an idiot just cause some players/a lot of players are idiots is just a sick thing

try and be an ok guy, its whats wrong with online gaming, lack of cool people. care for others, dont be a dick.

I feel a sense of justice when I do it.
    Amazing. You get mugged, you punch a granny in the street in "retaliation" and feel a sense of justice. What a guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Amazing. You get mugged, you punch a granny in the street in "retaliation" and feel a sense of justice. What a guy.
    I feel the need to point out that being a dick and physical violence are two vastly different things.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I feel the need to point out that being a dick and physical violence are two vastly different things.
    No, I don't accept they are. What's the big difference between physical pain and emotional pain? You're setting out to hurt people - whether that's by causing pain signals in their nervous system or a response from their amygdala is pretty irrelevant to the morality of it.

Just to add insult to injury, you're not just paying it forwards, you're raising the bar of dickishness. The people booting you from the raid are doing so with the intent of making it better for themselves and all the other people in the raid. It might be wrong, it's certainly selfish, but they're at least acting rationally from their own perspective. You're not even acting in your own interests - you're screwing other people over for no benefit to yourself or anyone else. Except this broken sense of "justice" you have, but I trust you understand that if you feel good about hurting innocent people just because someone else hurt you, that says some worrying things about your psyche that you should consider getting therapy for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    No, I don't accept they are. What's the big difference between physical pain and emotional pain? You're setting out to hurt people - whether that's by causing pain signals in their nervous system or a response from their amygdala is pretty irrelevant to the morality of it.

Just to add insult to injury, you're not just paying it forwards, you're raising the bar of dickishness. The people booting you from the raid are doing so with the intent of making it better for themselves and all the other people in the raid. It might be wrong, it's certainly selfish, but they're at least acting rationally from their own perspective. You're not even acting in your own interests - you're screwing other people over for no benefit to yourself or anyone else. Except this broken sense of "justice" you have, but I trust you understand that if you feel good about hurting innocent people just because someone else hurt you, that says some worrying things about your psyche that you should consider getting therapy for.
    Ha that is laughable. If a depleted mythic+ keystone is the same as being punched in the face then perhaps it is you who is need of help in controlling their mental state.
    Me not that kind of Orc!