Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We need just one difficulty: mythic flex (10-40).
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Whenever I see these threads I think to myself.

If they didn't have these difficulties then what would be the default single difficulty that everyone'd have to do?

Then I think back to how difficult content was before Wrath, WHEN THEY WERE RELEVANT, and I come to the conclusion that it would either be mythic difficulty or perhaps a middle ground between heroic and mythic with it leaning more to the mythic side. In this case people would still be complaining, but instead because they can't get past the half way mark in most raids and probably even dungeons.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Normal has kind of lost its purpose in both dungeons and raids...

Mythic plus... still feels awkward and cheesy to me. Would rather just have harder dungeons then a bet the clock mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I've worked my way up to just over 900 iLvl. I mostly do World Quests, LFR and random heroics. I've done a few mythic dungeons and normal raids once or twice. I don't really see the point in doing the same content at higher difficulties. That's a lot of work for the small chance of some minor upgrades.
    Despite the fact i also don't believe your 900+ ilvl claim I agree there's not much to do In Legion once you do everything on the lowest possibly difficulty, It offers nothing but the same thing but with a minor tweek to tactics. Just look at Normal Difficulty dungeons VS Heroic, they add very little difference, but It does make It harder. And now look at Mythic, I was so disapointed when I saw Mythic dungeons and mythic + as well adds no additional tactics, mythic + Is just a speedrunner, It's the challenge mode from Warlords, that's It.

Legion Is disapointing, It's on par with Warlords level of failure so far.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    No we dont. Wotlk pve design was the best
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Vyacheslavkii View Post
    Реально затягивает эта игра!
    "Really delays this game"

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Normal has kind of lost its purpose in both dungeons and raids...
    "let's go back and reintroduce the exact problem we fixed in MoP with flex"
    brilliant idea, what could go wrong

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could very easily get rid of Mythic which is run by less than 5% of the playerbase. Could also get rid of LFR and make normal queueable.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    "let's go back and reintroduce the exact problem we fixed in MoP with flex"
    brilliant idea, what could go wrong
    I guess I just don't see the audience anymore. Normal to me feels like a premade lfr. The bosses don't really have bit to them in the slightest. Heroic feels more like flex to me at least currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes with so many players in wow there must be more than 1-2 difficulty
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Isn't the whole point of getting higher ilvl to clear higher difficulties?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yes with so many players in wow there must be more than 1-2 difficulty
    Although the more (easy) difficulties they've added the fewer players we've gotten.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do we need another of these lame ass threads no we don't but some seem to think that we do.. Look OP you either enjoy the game or you don't if you don't then there is a simple answer find something else..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-03-10 at 04:50 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    No we dont. Wotlk pve design was the best
    Which one since it changed 3 times.

Wotlk launch : 10 man, 25 man, done, optional sartharion hard mode, later ulduar with 2 sizes, optional hard modes, 2 lockouts per week.
    Wotlk ToC: 10 man, 25 man, 10 man hc 25 man hc, same for ICC , 4 lockouts per week.
    Wotlk Cata pre-patch: 10 man, 10 man hc, 25 man, 25 man hc ICC, 1 lockout per week.

I prefered the system up to Ulduar over 4x ToC, but imo we should just go to a 20-man only system for the rest of it and just make 20 man normal, 20 man heroic, and be done with it.

I'd even say, go back to like a 20 man 1 difficulty, but repeating content seems too popular.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-10 at 04:51 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Punx View Post
    Not really, no. Most people tend to just stick to whatever difficulty they're comfortable with regardless of having the best gear from that tier of that difficulty. LFR players don't seek to become normal raiders, normal raiders don't seek to become heroic raiders, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Although the more (easy) difficulties they've added the fewer players we've gotten.
    Correlation does not equal causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I've worked my way up to just over 900 iLvl. I mostly do World Quests, LFR and random heroics. I've done a few mythic dungeons and normal raids once or twice. I don't really see the point in doing the same content at higher difficulties. That's a lot of work for the small chance of some minor upgrades.
    Because people like challenging themselves at different levels. For instance, a guild like mine raids for mythic. When a new raid comes out we do normal and heroic in split raids filled with differing amounts of mains and alt characters and clear both difficulties multiple times in the first week because they are not challenging for us. Then when mythic comes out, we immediately go into mythic and begin working on that content that is designed for players like us.

If the game only had normal and heroic, there would be nothing for us. Clearing those difficulties is trivial for us, and we enjoy being challenged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Punx View Post
    The point of an mmo in general is character progression. That comes with or without difficulty.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The multiple versions of same raid didnt really feel good in Wrath either.

10m/25m raids caused alot of tension for both those who raided 10 and 25m.
    10man guilds kept hemorrhaging players for 25m guilds, as they were more prestigeous and got higher gear-score.
    25man guilds had issues with having to handle both sizes, when 1 group got better progress than the other -alot of friction and drama was quickly incoming.

But at OP : No we dont need this many difficulties at all. It is hurtful for raiding.
    We only need a queueable easy version to let ppl "just see the content", and a challenging version for those who want to raid seriously.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.. another thread "I don't like it, so no one should enjoy that, remove it".

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Just don't to the other difficulties if you don't want to..
    The problem is social guilds tend to start from normal and move towards heroic. At least, that's how things are for me. I do not like semi-hardcore or hardcore guilds, but then you don't have social or social /semi-hardcore hybrid guilds starting the run from heroic. Imo, this is a terrible and boring design. Same shit, 4 times. WotLK Ulduar model is the perfect, but that requires more work so I am fine with Ulduar or tBC model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The problem is social guilds tend to start from normal and move towards heroic. At least, that's how things are for me. I do not like semi-hardcore or hardcore guilds, but then you don't have social or social /semi-hardcore hybrid guilds starting the run from heroic. Imo, this is a terrible and boring design. Same shit, 4 times. WotLK Ulduar model is the perfect, but that requires more work so I am fine with Ulduar or tBC model.
    Which encounter in Ulduar is perfect? There were several different ways to trip hard mode. DPS check on Hodir, mechanics on Freya, a button on Mimiron, and a DPS check (?) on Thorim, just to name the keepers.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!