Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fury Starving on opening (havoc)

Hello guys!!!

Is that normal??? I find myself fury starving many times during openers and that really, really cripples me hard.
    For the record, I'm sitting at 8% haste, and for trinkets I have 890 Foci and 880 BI. Legendaries are Cinidaria and the crap Chest, cause I suck at dropping items and ring will most likely be one of my last drops.

My opening is (pls correct me if I'm doing shit): Meta > CB+Nemesis > Felblade > Death Sweep > FotI. Then I proceed to Annihilation and DS on cd.

What happens the most is that if I don't get a Felblade proc or a Demon Blade fury proc, I stand there watching my fury bar at 15 fury while my burst that could be around 1.6k is at 800k . I have 885 ilvl.

What can I possibly do to fix that problem, at least on burst?

What is your crit at? If it's too low then you wont be getting as many CS crits as you should be and thus you won't be getting fury refunded to you. Also The opener is fine. I like to FotI right after I CB/Nem though.

Also do you have 2/4 set? That helps a fair amount too.

Deleted
    Yes it's normal.

If you don't have the ring, your DPS is 70% RNG, 30% skill.

(Ring just reduces RNG abit)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post
    What is your crit at? If it's too low then you wont be getting as many CS crits as you should be and thus you won't be getting fury refunded to you. Also The opener is fine. I like to FotI right after I CB/Nem though.

Also do you have 2/4 set? That helps a fair amount too.
    I'm sitting at 40% crit, and I got the 4pc bonus as well

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Yes it's normal.

If you don't have the ring, your DPS is 70% RNG, 30% skill.

(Ring just reduces RNG abit)
    That sucks hard /cry

What's your char name?

And yeah, burst is pretty RNG even with ring and 50%+ effective crit.. sometimes it hits twice as hard as others and you've just gotta go with it.

Without those things it's quite a lot worse and i wouldn't play 2-2-2 personally due to too high levels of RNG on damage and resource generation.

I suggest that you try 331x333 and/or 331x331
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-03-10 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Hello guys!!!

Is that normal??? I find myself fury starving many times during openers and that really, really cripples me hard.
    For the record, I'm sitting at 8% haste, and for trinkets I have 890 Foci and 880 BI. Legendaries are Cinidaria and the crap Chest, cause I suck at dropping items and ring will most likely be one of my last drops.

My opening is (pls correct me if I'm doing shit): Meta > CB+Nemesis > Felblade > Death Sweep > FotI. Then I proceed to Annihilation and DS on cd.

What happens the most is that if I don't get a Felblade proc or a Demon Blade fury proc, I stand there watching my fury bar at 15 fury while my burst that could be around 1.6k is at 800k . I have 885 ilvl.

What can I possibly do to fix that problem, at least on burst?
    Hey man, sorry to hear you're having fury issues, without the ring you're going to have to rely on RNG like Zylo said.

One thing to point out, it looks like you're wasting a global cooldown on FOTI, whereas you could easily have put this into the combo rotation of your nem / CB. Whilst using felblade is a good shout, using it AFTER meta is less productive than using it before you go ham.

For example, when I open, I pop meta on boss, fellblade, Macro for Nem / CB / FOTI, then blade dance / anni as much as possible, if I see my fury dropping too low, I'll pray for a felblade proc.

I've got a video of arcway, skip to the bosses and you can see what I mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmlnmJQN2w

Best of luck,
    Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    What's your char name?

And yeah, burst is pretty RNG even with ring and 50%+ effective crit.. sometimes it hits twice as hard as others and you've just gotta go with it. Without those things i wouldn't play 2-2-2 personally due to too high levels of RNG on damage and resource generation
    It's Lemuraxxius, on US - Nemesis

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marvino View Post
    Hey man, sorry to hear you're having fury issues, without the ring you're going to have to rely on RNG like Zylo said.

One thing to point out, it looks like you're wasting a global cooldown on FOTI, whereas you could easily have put this into the combo rotation of your nem / CB. Whilst using felblade is a good shout, using it AFTER meta is less productive than using it before you go ham.

For example, when I open, I pop meta on boss, fellblade, Macro for Nem / CB / FOTI, then blade dance / anni as much as possible, if I see my fury dropping too low, I'll pray for a felblade proc.

I've got a video of arcway, skip to the bosses and you can see what I mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmlnmJQN2w

Best of luck,
    Marv
    Hello Marvino, thx for the reply man.

I'm trying all kinds of macro to see what helps me the most. I tried CB+Nem+Meta but that made me lose some uptime on cb. Even tried CB+Nem+Death Sweep / Blade dance and also the one you said with FotI. Guess i'll stick to that macro then, as you pointed out, is saves me a little time but doing all in 1 gcd

It's Lemuraxxius, on US - Nemesis
    SimC for your char says that 2221311 outperforms 3311333 by:

10% on 2m30s ST
    3.8% on 6 minute ST
    2% on 10 minute ST
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-03-10 at 05:46 PM.

While I agree you should be casting your FotI
    right after CB and Nem, I should warn you that if you macro it right in to the same button, you can lose DPS in some situations. For example Guldan when you should be saving it a couple seconds longer to wait for the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    SimC for your char says that 2221311 outperforms 3311333 by:

10% on 2m30s ST
    3.8% on 6 minute ST
    2% on 10 minute ST
    I actually run that build, only picking Soul Rending over Netherwalk, enjoy the heal a bit more. I'm not quite fan of the Demonic build (guess I won't have fury issues with demonic ahaha)

- - - Updated - - -

right after CB and Nem, I should warn you that if you macro it right in to the same button, you can lose DPS in some situations. For example Guldan when you should be saving it a couple seconds longer to wait for the eyes.
    Good point. I'll just run two macros then, one with and one without FotI

Deleted
    Cypherr is right, the macro is for when you know a, ye boss isn't moving and b, there's not going to be adds up nearby. Always worth making 2, one without FOtI included for those situations.

Marv

I disagree with macroing foti+nem+cb because you most likely want to blade dance over foti so you can squeeze out more.
    My opener is:
    fel rush > fel blade > wait 1,5 seconds if another procc of fel blade happens if not meta+cb+nem --> blade dance --> foti --> business as usual

I really really dont agree with that opener lol. I do agree that the macroing isn't the best idea though. I have FotI all on its own, it's pretty easy to click immediately after CB and Nem. Gotta move those fingers fast!

why is that? You build up some fury so you can fit in 3 blade dances in CB even without BL. You can skip the 1,5 seconds waiting time if you are so anxious about it but I prefer to have 80+ fury when I start with the Meta onslaught.

I really really dont agree with that opener lol. I do agree that the macroing isn't the best idea though. I have FotI all on its own, it's pretty easy to click immediately after CB and Nem. Gotta move those fingers fast!

I never do that opener and I can't remember the last time I haven't gotten 3 BD in meta?

Not talking about meta but CB.

I never do that opener and I can't remember the last time I haven't gotten 3 BD in meta?

If you immediately jump with meta and pop nemesis/cb then theres always chance that you wont fit 3xBD into CB. And if you will be unlucky with fury gen at start then you are fuked (tested by myself). So yeah, I agree with using Felblade on pull before nemesis/chaos blades.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello, fellow mythic raider main DH here having the exact same issue, and also having no ring.

May I suggest you do the following (which I found alleviates the pain a little bit):

Meta away from the boss (but still be within 15 yards when you land) - use felblade - then pop everything and go ham. The reason why you wanna do that is that oftentimes, since Meta landing counts as an attack against a boss, it can do a Felblade reset while it not being on cooldown, thus wasting you 33 fury you could have easily had. This way you lose nothing, you can only gain more fury. Hope it will help you as much as it helped me.

On a side note, Anger does not help with the RNG, merely alleviates the pain a bit because you still have the same CHANCE for fury gain and CHANCE for FB reset. You just get more when it does, but if your luck is shit, your luck is shit.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Amazing replies and sugestions here. I might say that using FB before popping cb+nem helped me out a bit, but I only did test at a target dummy, let's see what happnes in a real boss fight scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Mineral4r7s View Post
    why is that? You build up some fury so you can fit in 3 blade dances in CB even without BL. You can skip the 1,5 seconds waiting time if you are so anxious about it but I prefer to have 80+ fury when I start with the Meta onslaught.
    I understand what you mean, but if you wait to build 80 fury at opener won't that cripple your initial burst lowering your numbers by a bit?

That might only be the case if you use Cinidiaria otherwise it doesnt matter when u delay the start of your CDs by a few seconds. Just doesn't look as fancy that's true. But look at it from the other side. Whats the use in using all your CDs to autohit the boss because of bad rng, wasting all your CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Amazing replies and sugestions here. I might say that using FB before popping cb+nem helped me out a bit, but I only did test at a target dummy, let's see what happnes in a real boss fight scenario

I understand what you mean, but if you wait to build 80 fury at opener won't that cripple your initial burst lowering your numbers by a bit?