Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Turalyon there does look an awful lot like the newer look of Khadgar, though. Kind of odd.
    Yeah, when I saw the LQ scan of that, I actually thought it was Khadgar there. Probably because of the lack of armor and the shade of his hair being harder to distinguish. Turalyon in the illustration with the Dark Portal looks younger and wilder to me.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoScratcher View Post
    See, Ethenil? This is the stuff I'm talking about. He doesn't even want the trolls to have naval power or competence. That's what you're dealing with.
    Nice strawman but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    if no legion no voidlords no buying the book
    I hoped it tell the story of the eredar in first couple of chapters more detailed than rise of the horde atleast
    Lol.

Entire book summarised in OP, still puts his pointless opinion out there to show his weird standards hoping to look cool but only coming of as retarded.

Also, how are people arguing about this book?
    It's the new canon for now, deal with it and move on.

Deleted
    See, Ethenil? This is the stuff I'm talking about. He doesn't even want the trolls to have naval power or competence. That's what you're dealing with.
    This debate is completely pointless by now. The fact that Chronicles isn't your "The War in Seas: Azerothian version", doesn't change what we already know from the old lore.

It's not "The War in Seas". It's "Tides of Darkness".

But anyhoo, new turn. Can someone confirm whether this Chronicle says Turalyon's army had fallen back to the Sunwell barrier and was using it for protection, before Orgrim left for Capital City? The ToD novel didn't phrase it that way, is why I ask.

Deleted
    It's not "The War in Seas". It's "Tides of Darkness".
    Which is not the Chronicles. Again, pointless debate.

Naval battles still took place. Tol Barad, Crestfall, Zul'dare, none of those were taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Naval battles still took place. Tol Barad, Crestfall, Zul'dare, none of those were taken away.
    I betcha dragons just torched Tol Barad on their own.

Anyway, was Turalyon behind the magical Sunwell barrier at Quel'thalas, relying on its protection?

Anyway, was Turalyon behind the magical Sunwell barrier at Quel'thalas, relying on its protection?
    Air force is important in naval battles for something there are aircraft carriers

All this Chronicles lore makes me Really want a star wars battlefront (not dice) style Warcraft game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

I don't believe so, no. Turalyon was still in the south relative to Quel'Thalas, shoring up the defense of Capital City in Lordaeron.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

What? No. Turalyon wasn't even near Silvermoon. The barrier of Silvermoon was all high elf magic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I don't believe so, no. Turalyon was still in the south relative to Quel'Thalas, shoring up the defense of Capital City in Lordaeron.
    If Turalyon were south of Doomhammer, how could have Doomhammer arrived west earlier than him?

^ Thanks. If my Turalyon-behind-the-Sunwell question seems silly, keep in mind that I was talking about BEFORE Orgrim turned away toward Capital City. In the other thread someone else and I were discussing why Orgrim couldn't destroy Turalyon's army during the battle for Quel'thalas, and we were exploring if the magical barrier had been one of the reasons. I expect that Turalyon just fell back a little to regroup, to see what Orgrim did from there and whether he could counter him.

But anyway, I have a reputation to defend, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which is not the Chronicles. Again, pointless debate.
    People say that arguing on the internet is pointless, that nobody ever changes their minds. Well, I joined these forums after I saw the following post:

So, Warcraft II missions are canon again. Goodbye Tides of Darkness novel, it was nice while it lasted.
    Have you changed your mind since then?

Deleted
    People say that arguing on the internet is pointless, that nobody ever changes their minds. Well, I joined these forums after I saw the following post:

Have you changed your mind since then?
    You honestly joined these forums because one speed comment based on the cliff notes we were getting at the time? Thanks, I guess?

That's entirely up to you, if you decide to ignore the old lore just because the Chronicles didn't went over it. It still doesn't change the fact that it became a pointless debate, especially when I said over and over again that the lack of information is not the information of lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    If Turalyon were south of Doomhammer, how could have Doomhammer arrived west earlier than him?
    Backtracking through the already cleared Hinterlands and Alterac while Turalyon and co. were pinned down by the fighting at Capital City?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You honestly joined these forums because one speed comment based on the cliff notes we were getting at the time? Thanks, I guess?

That's entirely up to you, if you decide to ignore the old lore just because the Chronicles didn't went over it. It still doesn't change the fact that it became a pointless debate, especially when I said over and over again that the lack of information is not the information of lack.
    So... you actually DO still believe that most of the WC2 missions are still canon, and that most of the ToD novel has been debunked?

Am I understanding you correctly? I must not be. That interpretation doesn't really seem possible.

Deleted
    Backtracking through the already cleared Hinterlands and Alterac while Turalyon and co. were pinned down by the fighting at Capital City?
    I think I don't understand. Doomhammer arrived west (at Capital City) earlier than Turalyon. How could that have been possible if Turalyon were south of Doomhammer in Quel'Thalas?

I think I don't understand. Doomhammer arrived west (at Capital City) earlier than Turalyon. How could that have been possible if Turalyon were south of Doomhammer in Quel'Thalas?
    I mean-- Doomhammer was rushing, and Turalyon expected Alterac to be blocking his path.

It's probably for the best. Orgrim would've been a fool if he'd left Turalyon's army trapped in a city when he believed Gul'dan could bring the barrier down and wipe out that army for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's a pretty open border and area, so I assume Orgrim went around Turalyon's flank. I haven't had a chance to crack open my newly-arrived copy "Chronicles Vol. 2" though, so I'll get back to you on whether it's an error in the narrative or a misunderstanding.