Thread: LFR Guldan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    On main, once. ...first time on alt took 5 wipes, decided not to waste anymore time alt running.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Maybe iam lucky but i havent wiped once in any boss in Nighthold including Guldan which i found to be quite easy.

6 wipes, then gave up. No attempt got below 50%. Mechanics too hard for lfr players I guess. Moving slightly to one side every now and then is a truly complex concept. Don't even think about doing that AND having to focus adds when they come out. I'm no fan of lfr. I do, however, understand the necessity of it for the target audience. That said, I believe the fight is tuned poorly in comparison to the average skill level of said target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    6 wipes, then gave up. No attempt got below 50%. Mechanics too hard for lfr players I guess. Moving slightly to one side every now and then is a truly complex concept. Don't even think about doing that AND having to focus adds when they come out. I'm no fan of lfr. I do, however, understand the necessity of it for the target audience. That said, I believe the fight is tuned poorly in comparison to the average skill level of said target audience.
    Did you bother to read the 8 pages of comments before yours?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Did you bother to read the 8 pages of comments before yours?
    Yep. I still opted to answer the op's question and give my feedback. What's it like when your attempt at being a snarky tool washes right off the intended recipient?

Deleted
    6 wipes, then gave up. No attempt got below 50%. Mechanics too hard for lfr players I guess.
    Went in, it died on first pull. Don't think anyone actually did any tactics, he was tanked in the soul well most of the time in 3rd phase. Eyes were always replicating. Top DPS was doing around 450dps, but there were people around 100. Two died because they were afk, one of them was a tank, ressed but he never accepted. There was only one really good healer (me *cough*), rest were ~120hps gang.

Still seemed to die easy enough.
    Dunno, didn't really see anything too dangerous in the LFR mode. Maybe you just had really bad luck with your group *shrug*

Yep. I still opted to answer the op's question and give my feedback. What's it like when your attempt at being a snarky tool washes right off the intended recipient?
    If you had indeed read them, you'd notice that the majority of people had less wipes and less issues than you, which means the mechanics aren't too hard and the fight is not tuned poorly. But hey, I'm glad your 24-person sample size was enough to convince you that the encounter is too hard.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Four. About half the raid left and refilled in that time and we managed to take him down on our fifth attempt.

He certainly ain't easy!

For as much of a pain in the ass this Boss is, even in LFR, The rewards really suck
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Don't even think about doing that AND having to focus adds when they come out. I'm no fan of lfr. I do, however, understand the necessity of it for the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    If you had indeed read them, you'd notice that the majority of people had less wipes and less issues than you, which means the mechanics aren't too hard and the fight is not tuned poorly. But hey, I'm glad your 24-person sample size was enough to convince you that the encounter is too hard.
    It actually seems to be closer to split evenly, slightly favoring the 3+ wipe side. Math is hard I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Went in, it died on first pull. Don't think anyone actually did any tactics, he was tanked in the soul well most of the time in 3rd phase. Eyes were always replicating. Top DPS was doing around 450dps, but there were people around 100. Two died because they were afk, one of them was a tank, ressed but he never accepted. There was only one really good healer (me *cough*), rest were ~120hps gang.

Still seemed to die easy enough.
    Dunno, didn't really see anything too dangerous in the LFR mode. Maybe you just had really bad luck with your group *shrug*
    I'm sure the randoms you end up with play a role in it. The few people who were performing in the 6 pulls I was involved in were doing a good job. But, as to be expected in LFR, there was a big dps gap and only 1 guy carrying the healers. Couple that with about 18 people not understanding mechanics, not knowing them, or not caring and it made things difficult. The only reason I'd vote for it being tuned too high is it isn't idiot proof, and ultimately if things aren't idiot proof in LFR then you are at the mercy of the Gods, hoping you end up in one of the handfuls of competent groups.

Deleted
    Down easily first try. Most lfr players are decent i have found.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    0 wipes. only a few deaths on the kill.
    Just took my 4th character into Guldan LFR and i finally got an awful group. First 3 kills were 1 shots but this group was half dead in p2 twice and after the 2nd wipe i was out of patience with them.

Got it with 4, 2, and 1 stack on 3 toons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    4 wipes? And you quit? #rollsyes.

I expect this to be trying for the first 1-2 week. Endbosses usually are. One reason I was annoyed that they didnt drop this last week
    Mine is currently at 3 after 10 wipes! People keep ninja pulling and leave. with less than half a grp! So 4 determination can easy be alot more wipes

Deleted
    It's way undertuned in my opinion.