Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I own a microwave. I own a kettle. You obviously don't own a kettle. In other words I actually know what I am talking about: Using a kettle to boil water IS simpler and easier. So stop trying to argue that of which you have no experience.
    I have had a non-electric kettle and an electric one. That is until I grew a brain and realized that was a waste and gave it away to a family member. Saved a ton of counter space getting rid of useless shit like them that I'd never use.

Sigh. I really cannot comprehend how you still can't figure this out....

Yes, it is a small amount of convenience saved. But it is a small amount of convenience many times a day. That adds up to a lot of convenience. There are also no real disadvantages. A kettle costs a fraction of what a microwave does, it takes up minimal space, and occasionally it can be useful to boil water while the microwave is being used to cook.
    Man all that convenience! I don't drink tea and I don't need to boil water often. Maybe once a week, but it's more than a little kettle can produce. I'm not stupid. I wouldn't spend money on something that doesn't do shit for me.

"Minimal space" Sure, but so does my other appliances.. Shit adds up quick.

Insanity is arguing with someone about the way they choose to do things when you fail to understand their context. Insanity is telling people that their experience is trumped by your opinion. I am trying to explain to you why it makes sense for me to buy a kettle. It has nothing to do with whether it makes sense for you to buy a kettle.
    Listen, a Keurig makes coffee faster than a basic coffee pot and also makes tea and cappuccino. I'd rather use that since it's just as fast as a kettle and does more things. Kettles are a waste of space and money. You can never convince me otherwise because I'm using facts whereas you're using shitty analogies and arguments derived solely from emotions. Maybe next time drop the bias and speak with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

There's one here in my office kitchen that some of my coworkers use for tea, but I don't own one myself. I don't own a regular stovetop kettle either - we drink so little tea that it's not worth the space it takes up to have one. When I need small volumes of hot water, I do it on the stovetop in a pint saucepan with a pour spout.

If you want to be a completely unreasonable and thoroughly disagreeable person that's your call. Good luck with that.
    The same could EASILY be said about you. In fact you're far worse. You're not thinking things through logically. Your only good argument is that a kettle is a minor convenience. That's not a good argument to convince anyone to buy something.

Also, what perspective do I need to understand? That you're highly biased? Your experience with an electric kettle? I've owned them. Your experience isn't going to be different than mine... I've just come to the realization, by observing reality, that they aren't that great and other things that do just as well are better to have around.

I'd never buy another one because they are a one trick pony that don't do anything special to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Microwaveable kettle, best of both worlds.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Well, around 10-15 years ago at the Mediterranean Sea countries I saw lots of stone aged problem solving without electricity and I kinda liked it.

ps. Winter is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Lol I saw that article and thought WTF

While using an electric kettle to heat water is commonplace in Australia, it was learned that many Americans actually use the microwave to get their water to boiling point.
    A wave of disbelief washed over Twitter when this was discovered.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...alians-just-a/
    I need an appliance to help me use my appliance so I can clutter my god damn kitchen with appliances. Omg Americans you so crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

I own a microwave. I own a kettle. You obviously don't own a kettle. In other words I actually know what I am talking about: Using a kettle to boil water IS simpler and easier. So stop trying to argue that of which you have no experience.
    Faster and more efficient? Sure. Simpler and easier? Nonsense. You have to fill the kettle with water, boil it, then pour it into your cup. For the microwave I just fill the cup with water and boil it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used a kettle, I've also never boiled water in a microwave. Coffee machine does its own boiling, rice cooker does its thing and for the most part boiling water in a pot on a gas stove takes no time at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never microwave water. That shit'll blow up in mah face.

Whenever I boil water I tend to do it in a kettle indeed. I'm not American though.
    Hi

I've never seen a kettle in anyone's house including my own. I don't heat water in the microwave and don't know anyone that does or has either. People use coffee makers for coffee. We use the stove for tea. I dunno if kettles are even sold in the local stores.

Only reason I know kettles are a thing is from watching british/aus shows.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-03-10 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I find it amusing that non Americans who drink tea want to tell Americans who don't drink tea their way of heating water is wrong. As said...we are basically a nation of coffee drinkers so we have coffee makers.....and for gods sake if you drink instant coffee you really do have a problem. I have owned microwaves for probably longer than most of you have been alive....and never, ever have I ever had anything explode in one...you have to be pretty stupid for that to happen. My microwaves usually have a button for heating drinks...walk up, put cup in microwave, push button, wait a minute, minute and a half....bam...hot drink. Pretty simple. And no, sorry, microwaving water does not wear it out.
    Sorry America is a nation of brown water drinkers. You wouldn't know what good coffee is if it came and beat you in the face. Your coffee is terrible.

Deleted
    Water in the microwave? Crikey!

I just heat up water in a kettle on my stove if I want tea. I have no real need for an electric kettle.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I would never microwave water. That shit'll blow up in mah face.

Whenever I boil water I tend to do it in a kettle indeed. I'm not American though.
    I've yet to have water blow up in my face after microwaving it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Misread title. No cyborg kittens in thread. Am disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Deleted
    i had no clue people used kettles to heat water, ive always just filled my mug with water, put it in the microwave and then take it out put some honey in and a teabag... bam done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I found this: http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/ho...icans-dont-use
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3051...ant-handle-it/

Apparently, 'many' Americans boil their water in a microwave. This wakes the Cthulu.
    I literally don't know a single person with an actual kettle, electric or not.

They aren't really used here. I have a decorative one (not for actual use) that looks like an apple sitting in my knick-knacks though if that counts? lol
    Last edited by Phookah; 2017-03-10 at 08:50 PM.

I don't have an actual electric kettle, but I do have a coffee pot, which is the same as a percolator and carafe. What exactly is the difference between a percolator and electric kettle?

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    But it's a inferior method in nearly every way.
    I don't understand how boiling water in a pot can be inferior in any way.
    1. It takes me less than a minute to boil a cup of water in a pot
    2. Boiled water is boiled water, there's no difference in taste with boiled water...it's water.
    3. It's just damn boiled water!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    i had no clue people used kettles to heat water, ive always just filled my mug with water, put it in the microwave and then take it out put some honey in and a teabag... bam done.
    When I want hot water for tea or hot chocolate or something I usually just fill the coffee maker with water sans filter and grounds.

Voila'! Hot water in like 2 minutes.