So current same-sex romances for Fem!Ryder are: Suvi, Cora, and Peebee........... its like they don't even want me to play as Bro' Ryder xD unless he gets a quarian or something, I'm not seeing much of an incentive here.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So current same-sex romances for Fem!Ryder are: Suvi, Cora, and Peebee........... its like they don't even want me to play as Bro' Ryder xD unless he gets a quarian or something, I'm not seeing much of an incentive here.
    Still mad about Suvi T>T At least i have Cora. I may be in the minority but i don't like to bone aliens, even on female runs I gotta know my characters DNA will endure till the end of time. Donesn't bother me in the dragon age games because hybrids exists there.

I also have a suspicion that the Asari will eventually try to breed every other race out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Here http://bsn.boards.net/thread/2287/co...crollTo=371390 its just a rumor but it matches up considering they didn't want to show us the flirt option with Suvi as maleryder because of spoilers. The only thing i can imagine a first flit option like that would spoil would be sexual preference.

- - - Updated - - -

It also predicted who wrote Suvi correctly
    Even if Suvi turns out to be straight or gay I would be torn on choosing her anyways. I typically like having my love interest in these types of games actually be able to fight alongside me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Even if Suvi turns out to be straight or gay I would be torn on choosing her anyways. I typically like having my love interest in these types of games actually be able to fight alongside me.
    Non-combatant romances in Bioware games aren't always so bad. Aribeth in Neverwinter Nights was pretty good. And Miranda/Jack in ME2, only return as NPCs in ME3, but they still had good moments.

But yes, usually combat-oriented romances tend to have more interactions with your character. Liara, Garrus, and Tali had FAR more chemistry and interaction with Shepard, than Cortez, Traynor, or Miranda/Jack in ME3. Same goes for Inquisition, where people like Solas, or Cassandra had more interactions with you, than Cullen or Josephine.

Hopefully this is one of the things they've fixed for Andromeda, and provide with plenty of interaction between LI and player even if the LI is not a squad member.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow. Why did the video remind you of that particular world? I mean, they explore a desert planet, Nodacrux if memory serves was a verdant planet.
    It was just a joking reference to the amount of Mako climbing one needs to do on Nodacrux. I loved those elements of Mako play!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It was just a joking reference to the amount of Mako climbing one needs to do on Nodacrux. I loved those elements of Mako play!
    ahhh

To each their own I guess

I for one, hated how the mako handled in the first game, and the combat sections on it were the weakest element of the first game. I certainly did not miss it on the sequels. The hammerhead was somewhat better in ME2 (Aside from being made of wet paper that required me to constantly strafe and move to avoid being shredded by a single turret) but all in all, vehicular combat just wasn't enjoyable for me on the first trilogy.

I'm very glad the Nomad is only a transport in Andromeda, and all our fighting is gonna be on foot.

Non-combatant romances in Bioware games aren't always so bad. Aribeth in Neverwinter Nights was pretty good. And Miranda/Jack in ME2, only return as NPCs in ME3, but they still had good moments.

But yes, usually combat-oriented romances tend to have more interactions with your character. Liara, Garrus, and Tali had FAR more chemistry and interaction with Shepard, than Cortez, Traynor, or Miranda/Jack in ME3. Same goes for Inquisition, where people like Solas, or Cassandra had more interactions with you, than Cullen or Josephine.

Hopefully this is one of the things they've fixed for Andromeda, and provide with plenty of interaction between LI and player even if the LI is not a squad member.
    Oh I didn't mean to imply that non-combatant romances were bad, I've at least watched YouTube videos of Bioware's past games where the player chose non-combatant romances and they seemed pretty good to me. It's just nice having the love interest in the party, especially if there's dialog between your love interest and the other members of the group, Inquisition had some funny moments in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer romances that I actually have a lot of interactions as in party members.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I hope there's more, but at the same time, there's always going to be less. Combat-LI's get to react to situations non-combat-LI's will never be around. Sure, those LI's could comment later on when you get back to the ship, but that assumes you'll talk to them in a timely manner.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahhh

To each their own I guess

I for one, hated how the mako handled in the first game, and the combat sections on it were the weakest element of the first game. I certainly did not miss it on the sequels. The hammerhead was somewhat better in ME2 (Aside from being made of wet paper that required me to constantly strafe and move to avoid being shredded by a single turret) but all in all, vehicular combat just wasn't enjoyable for me on the first trilogy.

I'm very glad the Nomad is only a transport in Andromeda, and all our fighting is gonna be on foot.
    To be fair, I can't think of a game with a vehicle combat system I would really like. Aside from a couple of flight simulators, but those were all about jet combat, it wouldn't make sense for it to be second-grade.

The climbing part though... It was frustrating, but also somehow hilarious.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Rainbow Pimp Gear is a goooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Horrible choice in music. If you ask me, I think they should've kept on using TSFH.
    As much as I hate how abused dubstep is I would of preferred it of what was used with how the video was paced. I think the lyrics worked for the trailer in a its only natural for me to invade other worlds point.

This is one of those trailers though that is not aimed at fans.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-11 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I never remembered how many complaints I had about the Mass Effect series until I replayed them. I'm half-way through ME2 and going "Christ who the fuck's brilliant idea was this?" about every 10 minutes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    As much as I hate how abused dubstep is I would of preferred it of what was used with how the video was paced. I think the lyrics worked for the trailer in a its only natural for me to invade other worlds point.

This is one of those trailers though that is not aimed at fans.
    I'm a little torn about the song choice, because while I overall liked the song (and the lyrics in it) I've come to associate Mass Effect soundtracks to Sweeping epic orchestras. Whenever I think of an epic mass effect moment, I think of an epic orchestral track, as opposed to an actual song with lyrics.

If anything, I associate songs far more with Dragon Age, which used several songs from multiple genres across the entire saga (For example, the first game used a song from Marilyn Manson of all people, in its debut trailer).

The song came off a little jarring and feeling somewhat out of place in a mass effect game, but its not really a bad song, and I must admit the lyrics fit with what happens on screen perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Ugh, I never remembered how many complaints I had about the Mass Effect series until I replayed them. I'm half-way through ME2 and going "Christ who the fuck's brilliant idea was this?" about every 10 minutes.
    I know man, the first game in particular SERIOUSLY hasn't aged well at all. The moment I stepped inside an office in Noveria I was like "holy fuck, interior building design sucked THIS bad back in 2007!?!?!"

At this point, ME1 is a game played solely and entirely and exclusively for its story. As a game per se, it really shows its age in the worst ways possible.

Out of curiosity, what gripes do you have with ME2? because that game was significantly better for me, and IMO, it has aged extremely well. One of the few gripes I have with it is those damned mini-games (Which hilariously gets lampooned in the Shadow Broker DLC by Liara and Shepard. "Hey liara, remember when we could slap Omni-gel on every lock to bypass them?" "Yes shepard, that security upgrade really did make a lot of people very unhappy") whenever you wanted to open a lock or a computer, and the other gripe was the way the charm/intimidate options were implemented, where playing anything other than 100% paragon, or 100% renegade fucks you over when it comes to getting the best results.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-11 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I adore all 3 games. They all have their quirks, but nothing that would take away my pleasure of playing through them. Rather, I'd say, they all have different personalities, and I love each of them.

I haven't seen much of MEA yet (I don't like spoilering the hell out of a game for myself before starting to play it, especially a game from my favorite RPG series of all times), but from what I've seen, this game is going to hold up to the expectations I have from the previous games. And, I mean, Andromeda... A game set in M31 is every astrophysicist's dream!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know man, the first game in particular SERIOUSLY hasn't aged well at all. The moment I stepped inside an office in Noveria I was like "holy fuck, interior building design sucked THIS bad back in 2007!?!?!"

At this point, ME1 is a game played solely and entirely and exclusively for its story. As a game per se, it really shows its age in the worst ways possible.
    Right now I'm on a kick about conversation choices, especially the "twitchy-ness" of the paragon/renegade choices. I NEVER like it when conversations just "play" like, I click "How are you doing?" and suddenly I'm having a multi-lined conversation with the character. On top of that they sneak those pesky twitch options in there and fuck, when conversations start going, the last thing I'm doing is staring intensely at the screen waiting to press a button! I'm sitting back and enjoying the show, but nooooooo I gotta keep my hand on the mouse or I might miss the whole fucking point of playing Lair of the Shadow Broker if you romanced Liara. (Seriously just spent like, the last 2 hours playing through that shit and that god damned yagh fight only to miss the twitch choice on the relationship at the end). Yeah I've got a save before the whole thing, but I REALLY don't want to replay that fight.

This argument will of course lead me into the whine about why they didn't include any homosexual romance in ME2 (no, Kelly and Samara do not count) and I ought to stop ranting now.

Really all I want is A: no twitch conversation responses, if there's an option to blow someone's head off or charm my way into their pants, just give it to me as a conversation option. And B: the ability to exit out of conversations and redo them if I make a fuckup or am curious about my options.

ME1 didn't age well, but like KOTOR, it's a solid game with good replayability. ME2, much like DA2 is a higher quality game with some seriously improved features (I actually like the connect-the-dots hacking minigame) but it often feels like the game is playing itsself.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    On top of that they sneak those pesky twitch options in there and fuck, when conversations start going, the last thing I'm doing is staring intensely at the screen waiting to press a button! I'm sitting back and enjoying the show, but nooooooo I gotta keep my hand on the mouse or I might miss the whole fucking point of playing Lair of the Shadow Broker if you romanced Liara. (Seriously just spent like, the last 2 hours playing through that shit and that god damned yagh fight only to miss the twitch choice on the relationship at the end).
    I dunno man, I really like the interrupts, and I actually think they work better as that, interrupts, rather than an option you take when the other side stops talking.

You do have a point that a lot of them are weird. I should have the option of kissing liara at the end of Shadow Broker, without having to take an easily missable interrupt, and who the hell would not hug tali after she's just seen her dad dead? but a lot of the renegade interrupts would lose their punch if they weren't actually interrupting a foe mid-sentence.

For example, when you shut up that krogan in Mordin's loyalty mission by shooting the gas pipe behind him, or deliberately piss off the main villain in Kasumi's loyalty mission by shooting up a priceless vase.

I gotta keep my hand on the mouse
    This is just me, but I always keep my hand on the mouse anyways. Its not like I can telekinetically choose my dialog options (or use that garbage of Kinect), I have to move the mouse and select what I wanna say, so I leave my hand on the mouse at all times, thus I've never missed an interrupt prompt , since they usually have a very generous timeframe for you to press the button.

Yeah I've got a save before the whole thing, but I REALLY don't want to replay that fight.
    But that's the second best boss fight in the entire game D= (The best one being of course Tela Vasir, her fight is doubly awesome if done as a Vanguard shepard)

Really all I want is A: no twitch conversation responses, if there's an option to blow someone's head off or charm my way into their pants, just give it to me as a conversation option.
    Like I said, a lot of those moments lose their punch if they're not actually interrupting someone in the middle of their speech. This mostly applies to the renegade interrupts. I don't see how the paragon ones couldn't work as part of the conversation as an option you just pick. This doesn't mean I think interrupts are perfect. My main gripe with them is that they ended up being mostly mandatory.

Sure, you can skip interrupts, but 9 out of 10 times, they lead to better outcomes, or give you certain benefits (be them material, or from a story perspective) or flat out enable certain conditions of victory. This is mostly in ME2, at least ME3 was a little more sensitive about that for the most part.

A few examples: As you mentioned, miss the interrupt at the end of the final boss in Shadow Broker, and say goodbye to your romance with liara (Dick move bioware, dick move). Miss the interrupt on that batarian mechanic during Garrus' recruitment mission, and the gunship at the end will have double the HP. Miss the interrupt with Kael' during Tali's recruitment mission and he will die. Miss the interrupt to push that merc off the window in Thane's recruitment mission, and unless your paragon/renegade meter is maxed out, he will alert the whole floor and spawn additional guards. Miss the interrupt with Elnora during Samara's recruitment mission, and grats, you just let a murderer get away free.

I mean the list just goes on. When an interrupt shows up, you simply HAVE to take it. Not taking it almost always leads to a worse outcome, or leads you to miss out on some badass moments for shepard. I'd very much prefer it if interrupts worked similarly to how they did with that punchable reporter.

With her, you can choose to take the interrupt and punch her the fuck out, which has its consequences, or refuse the interrupt and instead use your badass charm/intimidate score to verbally beat her down. That's a true choice, 2 equally viable options that lead to different outcomes. Instead, for most cases, there's simply no advantage to not taking the interrupt, so the default course of action is of course to take every interrupt.

Hopefully in Andromeda, the interrupts (Now called "Impulse Actions") will be more optional, and refusing to take them can actually yield equally viable results than just automatically taking them whenever they appear.

This argument will of course lead me into the whine about why they didn't include any homosexual romance in ME2 (no, Kelly and Samara do not count) and I ought to stop ranting now.
    This is indeed weird. To date ME2 stands like a sore thumb in bioware's library as the only game without an LGBT romance option in their entire library of post-KOTOR games.

People who play Fem!Shep got doubly-screwed over, because out of the 3 options available to you, 1 of them is a cheating bastard that dumps you unceremoniously in the third game, and the other innevitably dies one way or another in the third game regardless of what you do. Garrus is the only romance option for Fem!Shep in ME2 that has a beneficial outcome. Unless you romanced Liara in the previous game.

And B: the ability to exit out of conversations and redo them if I make a fuckup or am curious about my options.
    SWTOR does that, and to a certain extent, so do all the ME and DA games. Just quick-save before a conversation.

Mass Effect 1 has aged really well. Compare it to a game like Witcher 1 and you will see how big a difference it is. Some other games that came out in 2007 was: Jade Empire, Crysis, Halo 3 and the first Assassin's Creed.

Deleted
    and who the hell would not hug tali after she's just seen her dad dead?
    It's better to let her cope on her own if you aren't romancing her.