Serenity .. Seriously?

I finally got round to testing Whirling Dragon Punch instead of Serenity with Invoke Xuen and I have no idea what Blizz is smoking because Serenity is garbage now .. The difference is so huge you can't eventy compare the two ..

Sustained as well as burst is far less when you use Serenity ..

Am I missing something?

Deleted
    Yeah don't use serenity because Blizzard fixed a "bug" which made it into a good talent we could specc into instead of playing retard, dumb, and fucking stupid ai (which still don't copy FoF sometimes). WW needs some Love too.

OMG even when I completely mess up E,W,F + ToD + Xuen my burst as well as sustained is better than Combo+Serenity ..

This is not a small difference its double digit % gap /sigh

Deleted
    Where have you been WDP is the way to go, thats like several weeks already... There are/were plans for making serenity better (there was some info few pages back, about serenity in PTR), but at the end its like Blizz would like from us to play SEF/WDP instead serenity, so they probably wont make serenity better once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionmnt View Post
    Where have you been WDP is the way to go, thats like several weeks already... There are/were plans for making serenity better (there was some info few pages back, about serenity in PTR), but at the end its like Blizz would like from us to play SEF/WDP instead serenity, so they probably wont make serenity better once again.
    DAMIT I really like Serenity + Combo and really hate SEF+WDP

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    DAMIT I really like Serenity + Combo and really hate SEF+WDP
    Umm don't you still take combo with WDP?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    Looking at the ladders and the limited testing I did all indicated Xuen is superior.

Deleted
    You know what's funny about Serenity? The PvP nerf : it's only 24% dmg increase in instanced PvP, lol lol lol. We can expect this talent to get replaced with something new and more useful in near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    It's a matter of fight length. Xuen can outperform Hit Combo on shorter fights if you are able to squeeze in another full use of him shortly before the encounter ends. Combo is generally more useful, no question.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the ladders and the limited testing I did all indicated Xuen is superior.
    Misleading, sample size, above.

What ladders are you looking at? Looking at the top 100 for every fight on mythic and 5 or 6 on heroic (except Elisande and Gul'dan since there is nto enough of a sample size) the top 100+ use hit combo......

Yah sorry, I should have mentioned 'PvP' ladders. But its good to know that combo is better for sustained though my issue is with W.Punch, really don't like that ability.

Deleted
    Well I also was talking about PvE few days ago in PvP I prefer serenity a lil bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got round to testing Whirling Dragon Punch instead of Serenity with Invoke Xuen and I have no idea what Blizz is smoking because Serenity is garbage now .. The difference is so huge you can't eventy compare the two ..

Sustained as well as burst is far less when you use Serenity ..

Am I missing something?
    Holy shit, I am in the same camp as you. I literally tried SEF yesterday after finally giving in and holy shit the damage difference dude. Keep in mind this is even accounting for the fact that I was not used to WDP yet and I missed several windows to use it which 100% negatively effected my deeps. Still easily beat my best time with Serenity...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orionmnt View Post
    Well I also was talking about PvE few days ago in PvP I prefer serenity a lil bit more.
    Nope, SEF is a lot better for that as well. Just make sure you hit the button twice to get all your clones on your target.

Only thing I didn't really like for PvP is how WDP roots you in place when you use it. I miss like 33% of the attacks with it because people just run out of range. If it's going to root you, the least it can do is make you parry or dodge 100% of attacks like how the DH Blade Dance works (except you can also move while using Blade Dance).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Xuen is better than Combo now after the PvP nerf. Combo is only 8% max buff in PvP and although Xuen also got nerfed, in short to medium fights, it's still the highest damage ability you do.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I see, but am pretty bad at PvP, before sets it was ok PvP-ing, but now slots are so limited, you cant get so easily upgrades from PvP, or Im wrong?
    Is it worthy learning the PvP scene, am doing pretty good in PvE but never played ranked PvP (so many classes/sepcs to learn their skills/outs...).