Poll: Do you like Diablofied WoW?

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Cataclysm was just like TBC and Wrath.

The only difference is it can on the back of a -30% ICC raid buff and people thought they were hot shit when they were really just fucking bads.

Oh and Cata didn't copy and paste T11 like Wrath Did its intro tier.
    If it pleases you, i did not like Wrath much either.
    ICC was awesome, but rest of the expansion was just ok in pvp.
    BC was good because it introduced new and original content like Arenas and flying mounts, spent whole BC doing Arena, but also cleared up to M'uru in Sunwell.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2017-03-11 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    BC was good because it introduced new and original content like Arenas and flying mounts, spent whole BC doing Arena, but also cleared up to M'uru in Sunwell.
    I feel like you did professions a sissrtvice by mentioning tbc and dnot them
    Even in wrath they were still fun but not quite tbc quality anymore.

Its been all downhill s8nce then sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    Bullshit, it's 10 times worse. You didn't play classic or TBC.

Did we have artifact power back then? Legendary world drops? How about 4 difficulties for raiding and mythic+ dungeons that scale up?

What the fuck are you even talking about?
    I played classic and BC, Im 36 and I like in southern california where the earliest players were most clustered. Just getting to lvl 60 was an avg of like 27 days played, and that took months and months, not to even start gearing at endgame. You clearly dont know what youre talking about.

I disagree.
    Titanforged makes running trivial content such as Emerald Nightmare useful still for those chances to get a good TF.
    That's the problem. Once a raid is over, it should be over. If people want to go back and do it, there are plenty of people willing to go back for Achievements or Transmogs. The fact that they allowed old content to Titanforge as high as current content is absolutely ridiculous and it just adds to what people need to do to remain relevant every single week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's the problem. Once a raid is over, it should be over. If people want to go back and do it, there are plenty of people willing to go back for Achievements or Transmogs. The fact that they allowed old content to Titanforge as high as current content is absolutely ridiculous and it just adds to what people need to do to remain relevant every single week.
    Blizzard has stated many times that, that's not how they want their content to be and considered it an issue.

Basically this post right here tells us what kind of lackluster player you are. Your opinion is literally mute because you're not a serious raider and never have been. This effects people who enjoy serious raiding and always have. Blizzard has overtuned content(openly admitting it in their last QA with Watcher) and even without their admitting it the stats prove it. They're literally tuning raids around people getting good Titanforge LUCK, good Legendary LUCK, and Grinding out your Artifact to max AP.

Basically this post right here tells us what kind of lackluster player you are. Your opinion is literally mute because you're not a serious raider and never have been.
    and why would opinion of tiny minority matter at all ? if all its the serious raiders opinion that can be disregarded because even if you all left blizz would loose 5 % of playerbase max - you/serious raiders opinions are meaningless its the casuals who bring in real $ to blizzard

all they had to do woudl be realeas few shop mounts and it would balance out for them.

its cute how you think serious raiders have meaningfull influence on game alltogether

I am in agreement with the OP 100%. At worst, they should have stayed with the MoP formula on everything and start doing adjustments to increase the breadth of available activities at the expense of having the same shit at 4 or 15 different difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    Bullshit, it's 10 times worse. You didn't play classic or TBC.

Did we have artifact power back then? Legendary world drops? How about 4 difficulties for raiding and mythic+ dungeons that scale up?

What the fuck are you even talking about?
    exactly this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    I played classic and BC, Im 36 and I like in southern california where the earliest players were most clustered. Just getting to lvl 60 was an avg of like 27 days played, and that took months and months, not to even start gearing at endgame. You clearly dont know what youre talking about.
    Except the main difference is that while leveling was longer in vanilla, leveling allowed you to reach new area and new content. The AP farming makes you farm content you already farmed and isn't tied to the amount of content available, which is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Except the main difference is that while leveling was longer in vanilla, leveling allowed you to reach new area and new content. The AP farming makes you farm content you already farmed and isn't tied to the amount of content available, which is a huge difference.
    You farmed world trash in one spot for days, and had to travel for a long time to vendor trash from bags let alone auction house valuables. You have no perspecrive on what youre talking about. Do all the content once and unsub then. If gearing and grinding AP is t content then you dont need a set of bis or anywhere near it to have "finished the content". If you cant max AP on one spec youre not willing to play very much yet still feel entitled to all the gear and highest end content youre just lazy.You just dont like having to work toward progression outside raids. alot kf the top guilds wipe over 100 times on one mythic boss, there's plenty of repetitiveness for all eras of high end content. Theyre nkt going to release so much content you dont have to repeat things to have the best gear, and they never have. Youre asking for a game tjat isnt wow, barely an mmorpg.

Deleted
    Basically this post right here tells us what kind of lackluster player you are. Your opinion is literally mute because you're not a serious raider and never have been. This effects people who enjoy serious raiding and always have. Blizzard has overtuned content(openly admitting it in their last QA with Watcher) and even without their admitting it the stats prove it. They're literally tuning raids around people getting good Titanforge LUCK, good Legendary LUCK, and Grinding out your Artifact to max AP.
    And you seriously think Blizzard gives a "#¤% about mythic raiders anymore?
    From the latest blue posts, they have been giving you the middle finger quite plainly and seem to have no interest in changing their minds.

From the latest blue posts, they have been giving you the middle finger quite plainly and seem to have no interest in changing their minds.
    Ok and even with mythic raiders aside why do you believe x person should be far ahead of another due to sheer luck?

Deleted
    I have no issues with this xpac or is diablo-ism. Its actually kind of good :shock:!!!

Also you use "we" a lot when you mean "I".

Deleted
    You farmed world trash in one spot for days, and had to travel for a long time to vendor trash from bags let alone auction house valuables. You have no perspecrive on what youre talking about. Do all the content once and unsub then. If gearing and grinding AP is t content then you dont need a set of bis or anywhere near it to have "finished the content". If you cant max AP on one spec youre not willing to play very much yet still feel entitled to all the gear and highest end content youre just lazy.You just dont like having to work toward progression outside raids. alot kf the top guilds wipe over 100 times on one mythic boss, there's plenty of repetitiveness for all eras of high end content. Theyre nkt going to release so much content you dont have to repeat things to have the best gear, and they never have. Youre asking for a game tjat isnt wow, barely an mmorpg.
    No, you didn't farm trashs in one spot for days. I played vanilla too.

Also,1) it took month to complete all the content and 2) it's totally ok to run out of stuff to do.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-03-11 at 12:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    In the long run if it puts the game back in a pre MoP state. It's the healthiest decision the game would of made in the past decade.
    The thing is, maybe you liked MoP, but outside of raiding, the daily system and the rep system at that time was some of the worst day-to-day-playing features we have ever had.

So while you might have liked MoPs features, others proberly did not.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The thing is, maybe you liked MoP, but outside of raiding, the daily system and the rep system at that time was some of the worst day-to-day-playing features we have ever had.

So while you might have liked MoPs features, others proberly did not.
    The mistake is having daily requirements. That's when it starts to feel like a job... like you have to log in and do 25 quests every day or you fall behind. That's the primary reason people complained.

Rolling caps are much more palpable for the community and have virtually the same effect of getting people to stay subscribed and logging in regularly... it's just that it's nicer for the players because they can choose to NOT log in for a day and make it up another day.

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't they go through this exact same thing with Valor points (or whatever they were called) in Wrath and then they switched it to a weekly requirement? Funny how many lessons this dev team has learned over the years and then forgot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Then don't play MMO's. Simple as that.
    Mmorpgs do not need rng certainly not to this extent. Most rpg games skew towards determinism. Im not titan forging that geth rifle in mass effect. In point of fact I KNOW how when and where to get the loot i want without having to worry about some program in the background deciding against it. If i kill swan in fallout 4 i will get the weapon he drops first time everytime...

- - - Updated - - -

Good. To be clear not all mythic raiders complain but balancing the entire game around the ones who only want to raid is awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    The mistake is having daily requirements. That's when it starts to feel like a job... like you have to log in and do 25 quests every day or you fall behind. That's the primary reason people complained.

Rolling caps are much more palpable for the community and have virtually the same effect of getting people to stay subscribed and logging in regularly... it's just that it's nicer for the players because they can choose to NOT log in for a day and make it up another day.

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't they go through this exact same thing with Valor points (or whatever they were called) in Wrath and then they switched it to a weekly requirement? Funny how many lessons this dev team has learned over the years and then forgot.
    Rolling caps are far from perfect either. Set them too low and people will not play very much, since they feel like they have finished their daily routine very quickly. Make it too high and being away for 3-4 days will actually set you behind, since the casual player can not make up for all that missed time and people can actually calculate how much you "should" have done. Any form of cap sets up a daily requirement or just a playtime requirement overall. Whether it is daily, weekly or monthly, putting up caps creates 2 groups, the players who have kept up with the cap and the players who havent. And if you want the cap to mean something, then those groups are gonna be quite different in the means of the power.

So yes, they learned something in Wrath, Cata and MoP, but they proberly learned more then you assume. They learned that daily quests were a mess to deal with, that something like valor points is needed, but that having daily/weekly caps for calculated power increases is not the way to go.

Little bonus thing: Valor is good, but problematic. If you do it like in Wrath, Cata or even TBC, you are gonna have break points, where if you get past it, you will get ahead of everybody else by a good "free" item. This supports the mentality of always being at cap, since you will be quite less powerfull then other people for quite some time, if you are set behind. The system in MoP creates the same thing, but on a much more regular basis. 250 valor points gave 5 item-lvl, so every week, you would gain 20 item lvl. If you missed out, you were automaticly behind by 20 item lvl and catching up could be quite hard, since it actually took some time to get these points. So while Valor might seem nice, its not really better then current form of AP.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    What are you trying to tell us? Sure the leveling phase took a little bit longer as an completely newb to the game (it took me 30 days). If you have only focused on raiding in vanilla, after a few days of preparation there was nearly no reason anymore to came online besides raiding and maybe to farm some consumables (farming consumables took maybe ~5 hours per week at absolute maximum). But we all played vanilla a lot more because it was a lot of fun and there was a lot to explore. The only difference is the "minimum" of required time to be able to raid properly. The vanilla requirements were nothing to todays standards. What I did back in the days? I have farmed herbs 4 hours per day for a week and I was able to gather enough mats for a 2 months of raiding (4 day raid guild - mc/bwl/aq fully cleared + naxx until 4hm/loatheb 11/15 before 2.0).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-03-11 at 05:36 PM.