Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No rest for the wicked, ergo; we're the bad guys!

Deleted
    MoP was awesome!

But I think Azshara and N'zoth won't be a minor threat, that won't require heroes to help us.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think our characters should literally die on Argus as a last ditch effort to stop the Legion and the next expansion starts off like 90 years in the future when the Void begins to seep in to Azeroth.

Next Generation that shit while opening the door to Legacy surnames.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yus. The drip-feed of elements has begun. Hearthstone's League of Explorers expansion also had a kick-ass Ethereal villain, Arch-Thief Rafaam, who would make a great antagonist for some kind of over-arching LoE rep storyline. I don't want things to get quite as silly as Hearthstone generally gets, but there are solid concepts there for the taking that would be awesome in a more serious incarnation.

Well in my experience yeah, MoP is generally well liked. Cataclysm less so, but my main gripe was lack-luster raiding and the fumbling of some story elements. The prospect of revisiting existing old zones and adding new content isn't something that immediately makes me recoil in disgust, just because Cataclysm did it.
    I think introducing elements of Hearthstone into WoW would be awesome. Having a LoE Rep, an updated Gadgetzan with different mafia-themed factions and an updated Un'Goro Crater.

As for an old world content update, I would love for them to update the draenei and blood elf starting zones complete with a draenei-terraformed Azuremyst Isles and an rebuilt Silvermoon City.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I think our characters should literally die on Argus as a last ditch effort to stop the Legion and the next expansion starts off like 90 years in the future when the Void begins to seep in to Azeroth.

Next Generation that shit while opening the door to Legacy surnames.
    How would that work in term of character progression? Are our characters going to be reset back to lvl 1 with an empty bag, or those next generation somehow inherited all our items (weapons, armor, flask, food, etc.) and the same level / talents (in which case, what's the point?)? Neither seems like something people would like (unless this is another post asking for WoW2, which isn't too realistic at the moment).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

TBC had Kil'Jaedens face coming out of the Sunwell which is a pretty big deal.

Just Blizzard sucked at storytelling in WoW back then so it wasn't exactly hyped, not to mention barely anyone actually fought him.

But I agree that WoW needs another Cata update but I think it should be massive unlike what OP suggests, I think a Black Empire expansion where the Old Gods take over the surface would be incredible, changing all the quest chains and stuff would help add all of Blizzards new WQ, Scenario, Scaling, Phasing technology as well.

Doing WQ and having World PvP WQ during the levelling process would make it way less stale, so would scaling technology in general so people can finish zones properly and go whereever they want. Having like Gurubashi Arena as a scaleable PvP WQ so all levels of players can fight semi-equally (low level players would have less abilities still unless they change that) would be amazing and there could be so many places similiar, it'd do wonders for people who want World PvP
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-03-11 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    How would that work in term of character progression? Are our characters going to be reset back to lvl 1 with an empty bag, or those next generation somehow inherited all our items (weapons, armor, flask, food, etc.) and the same level / talents (in which case, what's the point?)? Neither seems like something people would like (unless this is another post asking for WoW2, which isn't too realistic at the moment).
    Wouldn't be different from any other start of an expansion. What we work for in one is usually phased out completely in the next long before we hit cap as far as gear is concerned. Just start us with generic boosted loot with an item level relevant to the expansion with bags, flight and stuff and bake it in to a legacy surname system which allows us to keep our past progression, reputations, mounts and achievements since we're revered sons and daughters to a hero of the Horde or Alliance.

Just have it happen at the end of the pre-expansion event right before launch so there's no meddling with the current expansion and treat it as a lineage so your new guy can roll as if he were fresh without being fresh while benefiting from all things the parent had achieved even though it's all account bound outside of gear anyway...

That would be something I'd look forward to because otherwise the villains and the threat in this game have become far too rinse and repeat. They show up and call us fools, talk mad shit about how we're all going to suffer because it's the end and then we Marvel our way in to defeating them due to plot armor.

I want us to be so fucked that the only way we can go forward is to destroy our artifacts, ourselves, Dalaran, Illidan, Army of Light and the Kirin Tor entirely so we can really drive home the point that shit finally got real in this game. Not Varian, Vol'jin or Tyrion and we talk about how Legion is GRR Martining Warcraft but instead push back with every god damn thing we can and go through that portal to Argus. One way ticket.

Then, ages later, we get statues, everyone become complacent, rebuilds, and while resting on our laurels the Void decides it's time to break through.

That's just me though.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-03-11 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have grown so tired of end of the world, be all end all situations that I want another MoP type expac so bad.

I loved MoP for that reason.

I also want a return to being a faceless adventurer. Fuck being the Class Leader or Commander or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Wouldn't be different from any other start of an expansion. What we work for in one is usually phased out completely in the next long before we hit cap as far as gear is concerned. Just start us with generic boosted loot with an item level relevant to the expansion with bags, flight and stuff and bake it in to a legacy surname system which allows us to keep our past progression, reputations, mounts and achievements since we're revered sons and daughters to a hero of the Horde or Alliance.

Just have it happen at the end of the pre-expansion event right before launch so there's no meddling with the current expansion and treat it as a lineage so your new guy can roll as if he were fresh without being fresh while benefiting from all things the parent had achieved even though it's all account bound outside of gear anyway...
    It would be different, from the perspective of lore, though. It's one thing with our characters progressing and upgrading our equipments. It's another thing - and sounds like a pretty forced scenario to me - for us to have a new descendant character that somehow (1) have the exact same look, (2) have exact same level of power, talent and such, (3) have exact same items - equipment (okay, this can be explained with inheritance), mounts (similar to equipment), achievements (a bit forced now, surely a child of a hero isn't the same hero that, for example, defeated Garrosh in Ogrimmar or destroying C'Thun in AQ as the achievements stated unless Blizzard want to reword all achievements for everyone who passed WoD), flask / food and other consumables (how often do people go "Son, this is 20 stacks of Flask, 375 stats food and various herbs both useful and useless that we've been passing from one generation to another, keep them").

Even assuming by some miraculous chance that happened, what'd be the point, then? Because we'd have the almost the same character being revered by everyone, minus the hero status (which they should logically regain shortly because of how powerful they would be). That's hardly fresh to me. In my opinion, lore-wise, having our characters die would only work at the end of WoW, before WoW 2 - but that's a pretty distant future (if it ever happen) judging by how well WoW is still doing.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-03-11 at 07:38 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It would be different, from the perspective of lore, though. It's one thing with our characters progressing and upgrading our equipments. It's another thing - and sounds like a pretty forced scenario to me - for us to have a new descendant character that somehow (1) have the exact same look, (2) have exact same level of power, talent and such, (3) have exact same items - equipment (okay, this can be explained with inheritance), mounts (similar to equipment), achievements (a bit forced now, surely a child of a hero isn't the same hero that, for example, defeated Garrosh in Ogrimmar or destroying C'Thun in AQ as the achievements stated unless Blizzard want to reword all achievements for everyone who passed WoD), flask / food and other consumables (how often do people go "Son, this is 20 stacks of Flask, 375 stats food and various herbs both useful and useless that we've been passing from one generation to another, keep them").

Even assuming by some miraculous chance that happened, what'd be the point, then? Because we'd have the almost the same character being revered by everyone, minus the hero status (which they should logically regain shortly because of how powerful they would be). That's hardly fresh to me. In my opinion, lore-wise, having our characters die would only work at the end of WoW, before WoW 2 - but that's a pretty distant future (if it ever happen) judging by how well WoW is still doing.
    Super fair points!

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Sunwell wasn't planned from the beginning, it was added after the expansion culminated in a rather unsatisfactory (from a lore POV) ending. Sunwell itself wasn't difficult outside of the ludicrous class stacking required for each boss which artificially inflated clear times.
    Actually, it was. They even said when they announced TBC at Blizzcon that Sunwell would be patch content.

*I kill Sargeras*

My Little Orderhall Whelp, I MEAN CHAMPION: Sir, I think you need a year's break, after what you just encountered. I mean, you fought, and defeated a GOD! You must be exhausted.

Me: ...*Slaps The Champ* Did you just tell me to be lazy? I'm NEVER lazy. Now, if you excuse me, I shall be farming this "God" until I get the mount I desire.

The Shocked Champ: .....O...ok...

Me: NOW! ON TO THE NEXT EXPANSION! *Looks at his Maxed out artifact, as the memories of fun-times flow through him* ...Nah....*Throws the ashbringer in the trash-bin* Welp, time to get an ilvl 1020 Green, with my pruned power/health. YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely like to see old world expansion. I mean, yeah they throw up stuff here and there, but come on, how long would goblins really let Gadgetzan stay a small little fort and not expand on it. There are Alliance and Horde towers/bases all over Azeroth STILL being constructed after so many years. I think it would be cool if these places were finally finished and maybe even add new cities. I think it would be cool to have like another main city, like is Ironforge really the only Dwarven city that they can live in? Maybe even retake some old, destroyed towns and have them rebuilt. Just some change to the old world would be great.

I cant see blizz wasting resources redoing the old world again

maybe a tweak here and there but thats it.

Also MoP had amazing villains, Lei Shen, voiced by Christopher Lee? c'mon.
    Lei Shen was amazing but he was not voiced by Christopher Lee.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...366894#post-18

This is correct.

Though we have much respect for the acting of Mr. Christopher Lee, we never had the pleasure of working with him for any Warcraft VO. Lei Shen was voiced by Paul Nakauchi.

Sunwell wasn't planned from the beginning, it was added after the expansion culminated in a rather unsatisfactory (from a lore POV) ending. Sunwell itself wasn't difficult outside of the ludicrous class stacking required for each boss which artificially inflated clear times.
    Actually it was planned.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9945?page=4#76

Sunwell Plateau was absolutely in development from the start. Black Temple was supposed to be in the game when BC launched. To keep from delaying it any further quite a few things didn't make the launch game that were supposed to, and were then added in major content patches. Sunwell was always on the feature list from before the expansion was released, and was always an intended raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    MoP was incredibly well received by people who could look beyond 'lolpandaz'.
    I think the raiding for MoP was well received, i never did that other than legacy raid (i liked ToT) but i will say that i HATED the leveling and the dungeon content. dungeons were obnoxious, pandas werent funny, neither were hozen. couldnt stand questing either, probably because of obnoxious hozen (ook dook poop flinging) and panda (steriotypical racist asians).

It had really poor replayability too, which was especially bad due to me chaining alts, so thats probably my fault to be fair...

In hindsight i have begun to find more things to like about it, I loved the talent overhaul, that wasnt a problem for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Lei Shen was amazing but he was not voiced by Christopher Lee.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...366894#post-18

Actually it was planned.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9945?page=4#76
    I stand corrected. Nevertheless MoP is heavily underrated and apart from the wonky state of healing at the end, and overly long SoO, it was a great expansion overall.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I have grown so tired of end of the world, be all end all situations that I want another MoP type expac so bad.

I loved MoP for that reason.

I also want a return to being a faceless adventurer. Fuck being the Class Leader or Commander or whatever.
    They do the End of the World narrative because it contains automatic urgency and relevance and this allows them to be lazy writers and recycle ideas without actually trying to engage in strong storytelling. Gul'dan is a good example of this. I mean he's literally 'Generic Bad Guy', as are all these demons. Again, one only has to point to the best xpac to see exceptions to this. Arthas is a good, simple, interesting bad guy. Ulduar was a good, interesting narrative.

Legion in general just feels canned to me. The music is not very good for the first time in WoW history, the art design is bad, the zone design is generic and bad. Nothing feels compelling. To be blunt, I just don't think they had great talent working on this xpac.

I stand corrected. Nevertheless MoP is heavily underrated and apart from the wonky state of healing at the end, and overly long SoO, it was a great expansion overall.
    so apart from a 14 month period of time. even if we slim that down to say the last 8 months, thats still a very long time in an expansion.

I have played all xpacs and vanilla and I would say MoP was my #2 favorite time in wow with #1 being bc.