Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    If the Tomato Industry asks 10,000 people "Which is better, tomatoes or olives?", and 80% say tomatoes, you can argue they have an agenda all you want, but it doesn't diminish the fact that 80% of people in the poll prefer tomatoes.
    Are you completely ignorant of how polls are supposed to be run? How they're supposed to be a representative non-biased, sample size? About how they're supposed to encompass a range of opinions? About how they're not supposed to ask questions in a way in which it appears the poll-giver is biased?

No? Didn't think so. The idea that just because a poll happened that its reliable is laughable on its face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It's also concerning that he ousted a guy he personally wanted, deciding to cut him and they get to hand pick a replacement to work the office with jurisdiction over the Trump investigation.
    Its ok though, because ignoramuses who don't know what they're talking about say its a non-issue. There's no issue in a sitting President watching an opinion tv show and deciding to blanket fire all the people in an organization with nobody actually to fill the positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I mean. I'll be one of the first to get on Trump when he does something even worth mentioning. This is just stupid. If you are upset about this there is no question you are way too far left.
    Agreed. Stories like this are the reason why it's so hard to pin the actually bad things Trump does to him. The outrage gets spread so far at this point it's just every day noise.

Apparently they don't have any replacements in line for the positions being purged at this time. This is concerning because it puts a lot of power into the hands of Sessions.

Typically presidents have dossiers of replacements lined up to discuss and to put into effect near immediately. They haven't done that this time. They're purging with no clear direction.
    They are running scared, the tight knit circle around Trump want complete control even as departments are being hollowed out and collapsing all around them. The state department basically no longer exists at this point and soon many others will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Are you completely ignorant of how polls are supposed to be run? How they're supposed to be a representative non-biased, sample size? About how they're supposed to encompass a range of opinions? About how they're not supposed to ask questions in a way in which it appears the poll-giver is biased?

No? Didn't think so. The idea that just because a poll happened that its reliable is laughable on its face.
    So you have now begun to attack the original poll on it's methodology. This is a move forward from your earlier attack which was, "Biased organization, bad poll." So, what specific complaints do you have about the IBD/TIPP poll methodology or phrasing?
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-03-11 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcschess05 View Post
    Agreed. Stories like this are the reason why it's so hard to pin the actually bad things Trump does to him. The outrage gets spread so far at this point it's just every day noise.
    Trump and Sessions are getting the ability to hand pick the prosecutor that would be investigating the case against them after previously wanting the guy for four more years (he's one of the top in the country) and suddenly changing their mind now that the FBI investigation is getting huge news and congressional traction on both sides of the aisle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    They are running scared, the tight knit circle around Trump want complete control even as departments are being hollowed out and collapsing all around them. The state department basically no longer exists at this point and soon many others will follow.
    Sounding like Infowars of the Left.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump and Sessions are getting the ability to hand pick the prosecutor that would be investigating the case against them after previously wanting the guy and suddenly changing his mind now that the FBI investigation is getting huge news and congressional traction on both sides of the aisle.
    Be outraged at the laws allowing this then, not the current administration using them.

- - - Updated - - -

Be outraged at the laws allowing this then, not the current administration using them.
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Are you fucking kidding me?
    No you are right, this is all Trumps fault.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Every President pretty much from the start has done this...

Not saying its not scummy but its not really a Trump thing.
    The timing, and the how is very suspicious, heck last I heard these positions will be vacant, the Trump team is literally crippling government from the inside out.

The firings and budgets cuts have been officially announced, Rex Tillerson has no deputy and will be getting a 37% cut from his. All the career members of the state department who have served under republican and democrats are gone those are facts. It is also a fact that when Mexican diplomats came recently the state department was excluded and had no idea the visit was under way.

Maybe you should stop reading infowars and look at the information coming from the white house itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The timing, and the how is very suspicious, heck last I heard these positions will be vacant, the Trump team is literally crippling government from the inside out.
    Correct. They apparently have no replacements in mind which is why Sessions even just a few weeks ago said the purges were not going to happen yet. The DOJ is about to become like the state department where they don't have the necessary officials in place to run it in official capacity which puts a ton of the power into the sole hands of the head. Tillerson basically IS the DoS where no replacements for half of what's being cut makes Sessions basically the DoJ.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump and Sessions are getting the ability to hand pick the prosecutor that would be investigating the case against them after previously wanting the guy for four more years (he's one of the top in the country) and suddenly changing their mind now that the FBI investigation is getting huge news and congressional traction on both sides of the aisle.

Gonna need a source on this. Pretty sure the DoJ is handling the Russia connection. Since you know, Sessions had to excuse himself from it.

this happens with each new administration, it is just happening a bit faster with Trump.. quick everyone declare Trump really is involved with the Russians!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    this happens with each new administration, it is just happening a bit faster with Trump.. quick everyone declare Trump really is involved with the Russians!
    No, this has more or less never happened. With other administrations, people are replaced, with this one, they are just removed. For example, there is no one from the state department to handle policy questions about Yemen. We can send people to kill and die there, but we have no actual policy for the place.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

A non-issue. This happens with new administrations.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    No no, Trump said he could stay on, then changed his mind and asked him to resign. That's indecisiveness, abruptness, not fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    again, no appointed gets replaced yes, they don't get left empty, the reason why they stayed on is because Trump in many cases hasn't nominated anyone for these positions (going over multiple agencies)

'Cept its not, because he was specifically asked by Trump to stay on. And no, it wasn't "Until a replacement was found" like you falsely claimed. He was specifically asked to stay on past the Obama administration.

But please continue to just flagrantly lie and pretend the situation is the same. Especially when its very rare that an administration would ask for the resignations of EVERYBODY at once. Its usually a very gradual process.

And even when Bill Clinton did it, it wasn't after Sean Hannity, some dumbfuck tv host, did a segment about it and Trump, STRANGELY ENOUGH, immediately after that program sent the word down. Its almost like our retard-in-chief is listening to that abortion of a human being on how to run the government.
    Can you please show video evidence, or a written transcript of the conversation that took place? Or are you completely basing your assumptions on hearsay that Trump had asked him to stay on for 4 years?

No you are right, this is all Trumps fault.
    I'll blame both.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Attempting to undermine the validity of a poll not by it's methodology or phrasing of questions, but by attacking the source. A tale as old as time, really.
    "Guys the media is biased and severely flawed but my poll from what may as well be a media source is perfect and the truth."

- - - Updated - - -

Or about how pointing out the website is insanely partisan and pushing an agenda. Kind of like, you know, how most people don't pretend Rasmussen is non-biased.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you've at least acknowledged you flatout lied or didn't know wtf you were talking about earlier. And also just conveniently ignored the way in which this happened, and how it happened right after Sean Hannity did a lulzy report on his 'news' program.

I guess it doesn't matter that our retard-in-chief is now dictating policy based on what a Faux News stooge is saying to do.
    Everyone's begun noticing how Trump runs the white house is based entirely off of what he sees on Fox News. And I think Fox has even begun to cue in on that. President Bannon might have to start sharing the puppet strings with Hannity and his group of deplorables over there at Fox.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"