Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I recall a (unfounded) rumor about one or 2 years ago that Daesh wanted to use Turkey as their main "base" of operation for stuff related to europe, back when the talks started to include Turkey in the EU. The goal was to make Recep the master of the country (Sultan? or what ever it's called) but having Deash control him.

Will be interesting to see how all of this unfold in near futur!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    oh yes, Turkish politicians that long for the ottoman era will not affect Europe negatively at all :P
    This is mostly about the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    The only disgrace here are the turkish people if they give this creep even more power to tear down what Ataturk worked hard to create.
    True, but it's still a disgrace for Holland. Our media reporting that she wanted to go to Turkish Embassy, but detained.

Calling people fascists and nazi remnants not a disgrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Calling people fascists and nazi remnants not a disgrace?
    It is. Please make a compact list of what you want me to deem as "disgrace" or not, it's easier that way.

I am quite curious how the Netherlands can be at fault (some responses on this forum and also on our Dutch news). The action is still that we asked the Turk people not to send anyone since the subject is too sensitive. Turkey decides to ignore that request, even uses some hot button words they should have stayed away from. And after the *action* of the Turkish government, the *reaction* of the Dutch government is at fault? Haha, Kafkaiaans.

I think negative judgement calls on what our country now does mostly come because none dared take this action so far. I think it is good that Erdogan's big words are answered. Allowing these people to continue would equal to kowtowing to Erdogan.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    True, but it's still a disgrace for Holland. Our media reporting that she wanted to go to Turkish Embassy, but detained.
    She is not entitled to set foot into NL at all, unless invited by the NL government. No movement rights includes not visiting the consulate.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    She is not entitled to set foot into NL at all, unless invited by the NL government. No movement rights includes not visiting the consulate.
    They have diplomatic visas, they don't need invitation whatsoever. I am not sure about the details, but it is fairly liberal compared to regular visas as far as I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have diplomatic visas, they don't need invitation whatsoever. I am not sure about the details, but it is fairly liberal compared to regular visas as far as I know.
    I would be surprised if the Turkish minister of family affairs has a diplomatic visa to Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I don't think it was a disgrace at all. The dutch clearly said they don't want a turkish campaign in their country, yet the rabid turkish government kept sending people, trying to provoke an incident. That bitch was probably sent to try to "outsmart" the ban on the prime minister.

All in all this isn't all that bad for EU though. If there ever was a time for EU to stand together, it's now (unless Merkel fucks it up and does a Chamberlain, let's hope not).
    She was barred (and possibly detained) from going to Turkish embassy, not conduct campaign. Sorry, it's a diplomatic disgrace, probably for both sides, if she's detained that is.

.Bullshit.
    She's speaking Turkish, telling the officers that she just wants to go to embassy. I just watched the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    .Bullshit.
    The state-run media is telling otherwise... I'd assume.

I think the foreign minister who supposed to carry out the meeting instead have gone to France.

A Turkish politician lying in front of the cameras, what has this world come to?
    The exchange took place in front of embassy, they say. I doubt she's lying. Anyway, this is not an argument. We can call anything a lie.

He who googles will find laws

Deleted
    That still doesn't allow her to come anywhere in the world she wants, however the netherlands can just as easily nominate her as a ''persona non grata'' and send her back from the country through which she entered the Netherlands. All diplomatic visas do is make sure that people cannot be held/prosecuted in the Netherlands

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, she has no business in NL. the Consul has and the Ambassador (and their staff of course) , but not a minister.

apperently only foreign ministers can do this unless theres a clear cause of concern

Deleted
    She was barred (and possibly detained) from going to Turkish embassy, not conduct campaign. Sorry, it's a diplomatic disgrace, probably for both sides, if she's detained that is.
    Also consulate =/=embassy, though that isn't very impactful on the discussion at hand.

Besides that, she publicly admitted that she came to the Netherlands to campaign for the referendum, why do you think all of this occured in the first place?

Either way, both sides let this escalate needlessly for election purposes, however I think Turkey is far further out of line than the Netherlands here, especially since the dutch are completely in their right to call someone with a persona non grata and deport them.

The language that Erdohan uses (and the fact he threatened with sanctions for refusing to let his minister land in the first place) are totally inappropriate and really show his character.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Didn't know you're an expert on Dutch law?
    Umm, what ? You let every minister from anywhere into your country without prior info and agreement ?
    Ok, this may be a nice behavior from NL. Our constitutional court in germany stated there's no international law which entitles any foreign official to roam the globe as they see fit.