Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    "I'm sorry you feel that way" is hardly an apology.
    If he doesn't feel its a sincere apology then he shouldn't take the money.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    So, he won't accept the apology but he will accept their money...
    Pretty sure apologies are meant to be more than that. This is just an acknowledgement that he felt wronged but not an actual apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Pretty sure apologies are meant to be more than that. This is just an acknowledgement that he felt wronged but not an actual apology.
    Once again, if he didn't accept the apology he shouldn't accept the money.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    "I'm sorry you feel that way" is hardly an apology.
    Did you even read what she said? Or are you just bullshitting?

That's a rhetorical question, you obviously didn't, and you obviously are.

Bee said she was sorry for offending him. Not that she was sorry he felt offended.

The official statement from Full Frontal:

"We deeply apologize for offending @_that_kyle in our CPAC segment. We only learned of his condition today & have removed him from the piece."

The reason he isn't letting go of this is because he's being petty, simple as that.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-03-12 at 01:28 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

On top of the twitter apology the show also sent this out:

Jo Miller, a “Full Frontal” executive producer, said in an email on Thursday: “We’ve apologized to Mr. Coddington and his family members and we are donating to the GoFundMe account for his treatment. We wish him all the best in his fight against cancer and sincerely, deeply regret offending him and his family.”

15+ Year Old Account
    On top of the twitter apology the show also sent this out:
    If he still holds a grudge after that, he's just milking it for attention and sympathy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    If he still holds a grudge after that, he's just milking it for attention and sympathy.
    His 15 minutes of fame are going to go a long way to pay for his cancer treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Can't blame her. Easy to make mistake with that haircut. Blame Spencer.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...pid%3D15.1&f=1
    Must be a Nazi.

15+ Year Old Account
    His 15 minutes of fame are going to go a long way to pay for his cancer treatment.
    Or, in the case that he has insurance (who doesn't?), a nice bit of money towards his bank account.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    Dude, she didn't know. All these people need to chill the FUCK out. Especially the cancer patient person. He's making a fuss out of it for media attention. Holy fuck.
    Perhaps he should sue her and her writers and producer and network for defamation of character. She didn't apologize for what she said about him, she apologized for his reaction to what she said about him. She said this on national television so defamed him in front of anyone who actually watches her show. Yes, they removed him from the bit for streaming purposes, but did so AFTER the fact.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Perhaps he should sue her and her writers and producer and network for defamation of character. She didn't apologize for what she said about him, she apologized for his reaction to what she said about him. She said this on national television so defamed him in front of anyone who actually watches her show. Yes, they removed him from the bit for streaming purposes, but did so AFTER the fact.
    He can try but "They made fun of my haircut on a comedy show" isn't the strongest position to build a defamation case on.

Nice haircut, why would anyone call it Nazi is beyond me...

Any media organisation or any entity that makes a mistake should make the apology in as big a style as they made the mistake.

You made a 5 minute skit with a mistake, then you make a 5 minute skit apology.

You put a big headline on the front page of your paper with a mistake, then the apology needs to be on the same scale and same distribution.

An apology is USELESS if only 1% of the viewers see it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He can try but "They made fun of my haircut on a comedy show" isn't the strongest position to build a defamation case on.
    They called him a nazi on tv. With the liberal courts, he would win a defamation case.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    They called him a nazi on tv. With the liberal courts, he would win a defamation case.
    No, they said he had a nazi haircut on tv...and they never named him.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    What? That comment made no sense.

McCarthyism was a witch hunt for Communists.

This is like McCarthyism in that it is a witch hunt for Nazi/Fascists. Except in this circumstance it wasn't even about character or action of the individual, it was about a freaking haircut.
    it's barely comparable. you're comparing the Hollywood blacklist to Samantha Bee being an idiot.

No, they said he had a nazi haircut on tv...and they never named him.
    Because if I put up a picture of Nancy Pelosi and said this person looked like a satanist, that wouldn't be calling her a satanist, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because if I put up a picture of Nancy Pelosi and said this person looked like a satanist, that wouldn't be calling her a satanist, right?
    I don't see how its any different than Alex Jones calling Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton literal demons.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What would be an adequate apology then?
    "I'm sorry i said that, it was in poor taste and showed bad judgement on my part. Please accept my sincerest apology."

That would be a good fucking start.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    We live in interesting times and they get far more amusing with each passing day for me. With the current call everyone who disagrees with me a nazi craze going around we have our first casualty and a rather amusing one at that.

To be honest I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politi...troversy-trnd/
    The vast majority, do not label someone a nazi, just because they disagree with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.