I saw a post from a certain mmochamp user on there, doing the exact same thing they do here. Incredible.

I made a character of the only class I never capped, a Warrior. It was surprising to see how many people are in the log-in spot for new lv 50's.

But I wonder if they were like me, collecting a lv 50 and checking some stuff out before logging off.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So wait...where's the bloody menu that shows you where you earn the specific types of currency from? Went into the grid, but for the life of me could not find it. Ended up getting frustrated and logging out -_-

Yes, I'm a baddie.
    Not sure if it is the same as me, but the buttons were hidden behind another part of the ui in the bottom right of the screen. I had to grab an add on to change my ui layout to fix it.

Wildstar 2017 Last day for level 50 Boost!

Tomorrows the last day for Wildstars free level 50 boost!
    Login and experience the new Primal Matrix patch!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnimation View Post
    Tomorrows the last day for Wildstars free level 50 boost!
    Login and experience the new Primal Matrix patch!
    yep....use it or lose it

Don't miss out! Last day to grab your free level 50 character boost during our Free 50 Frenzy event, ending March 12!

Decided to reboost a Slinger since I fucked up a bit with my older one. Figured a fresh start would work. So far nothing special.

As for the Matrix can't say I'm a huge fan of it. It's endgame progression I'm not particularly fond of. Especially when there is essentially real money involved and it can become heavily pay for convenience.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-12 at 04:12 AM.

Deleted
    Normal game players will see no pay for convenience! They will just enjoy a great F2P model, with no content behind a pay wall.

Skilled F2P players because of how rune and class sets work, will always be the most powerful players in the game, without spending a dime!

You can't buy ability...only the illusion of it

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Normal game players will see no pay for convenience! They will just enjoy a great F2P model, with no content behind a pay wall.

Skilled F2P players because of how rune and class sets work, will always be the most powerful players in the game, without spending a dime!

You can't buy ability...only the illusion of it
    You are kidding right? You can buy service tokens to use the essence exchange. Just stop. It's pay for convenience. I can get through the matrix faster than someone who doesn't pay. That alone is the definition of convenience in my favor.

Also enough with the snide comments. I made no suggestion of paywalls. I said the Matrix is pay for convenience because it is. The only other option to get tokens realistically is Omnibits which are a grind. What does skill have to do with the matter? Why are you bringing in something irrelevant? I wasn't discussing some random persons skill. I was discussing how a system they have implemented is pay for convenience.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-12 at 04:43 AM.

So after the free boost, how much time until paid boost is on shop?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    So after the free boost, how much time until paid boost is on shop?
    It's been there for quite some time now.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Be careful going back for the free 50. Waited over an hour to get into a primal dungeon only to find out the tank had not runed his gear and was a new 50 from the event.
    Needless to say it didn't go anywhere.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    Be careful going back for the free 50. Waited over an hour to get into a primal dungeon only to find out the tank had not runed his gear and was a new 50 from the event.
    What were you expecting? Boosted 50s don't even get any gold to buy runes. Carbine never thinks, at least give them some plat to buy runes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    What were you expecting? Boosted 50s don't even get any gold to buy runes. Carbine never thinks, at least give them some plat to buy runes...
    Or just give them basic runes and throw in a tutorial to how people can use them, just enough runes to cover the current gear and for each class/spec usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    Always been that way ( prime 0 = old vet )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Or just give them basic runes and throw in a tutorial to how people can use them, just enough runes to cover the current gear and for each class/spec usage.
    Gold at 50 comes very fast

Deleted
    Always been that way ( prime 0 = old vet )

- - - Updated - - -

Gold at 50 comes very fast
    What do you want to come first?

People run content for gold to get runes but lack the firepower to do so effectively, or encourage the behaviour by providing a basic set on boost, provide a tutorial on how to use them and why they are a good thing to have and then farm for gold to get an improved set of runes.

A lot of new players will be doing this, when leveling from scratch, this whole procedure is skipped from the earlier stages, people will be at max level with half decent gear to run dungeons with but not runed in any way and they do not know, let me repeat this, they do not know that their gear could be runed when boosted.

Can u still do the level 50 boost? If so I may log in for giggles.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can u still do the level 50 boost? If so I may log in for giggles.
    Yes
    /10chars
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yes
    /10chars
    Cool beans, ill check it out once the game finish's downloading. The leveling was boring and I stopped around 15 or 20.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    What do you want to come first?

People run content for gold to get runes but lack the firepower to do so effectively, or encourage the behaviour by providing a basic set on boost, provide a tutorial on how to use them and why they are a good thing to have and then farm for gold to get an improved set of runes.

A lot of new players will be doing this, when leveling from scratch, this whole procedure is skipped from the earlier stages, people will be at max level with half decent gear to run dungeons with but not runed in any way and they do not know, let me repeat this, they do not know that their gear could be runed when boosted.
    Exactly I don't see an issue with them providing 5 or 10 plat to buy the mats to runecraft or giving a set of High runes for the ilvl 70 gear.

free 50, huh.. I may reinstall to check it out, myself. I did enjoy some aspects of the game.

What part of known names did you not understand ? I spent a good hour last night stood still doing Q&A to help players get started, others also answered the same question 100 times at least...not an ounce of toxic spit in any answer!..EU server
    You do realize that new players aren't going to know who is a "known name" and who isn't, the first time they log in, right? I mean, you do understand that that's the very concept of "new", yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I understand that, but being an asshole on the internet isn't just exclusive for wildstar. you'll find them everywhere, even here. sadly people just need to grow thicker skins in order to survive on the internet lol
    On the internet? Fine.

In a game that's desperately trying to attract new players so it can stay alive? Yeah, not so much.

It's like going into a new store that advertises all kinds of promotions to get you in the door...

And then lighting you on fire once you're inside. How long is that store going to last?

lol
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly I don't see an issue with them providing 5 or 10 plat to buy the mats to runecraft or giving a set of High runes for the ilvl 70 gear.
    They could have just given them rune tokens too like they did for an old revamp. The vendors are even still there.

The lack of a tutorial for new players is kind of badly executed. An intro to your lv 50 would have been good, something to teach new players, a bit extra story for vets, and make it skippable if you had a lv 50 prior to the event. But this makes it feel somewhat rushed.

A couple games do this with their boost, and it helps new players with the basics well enough.

This one seems to throw you into the fray without warning and it can cause a rift between new players and vets.