Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    we want a Q&A for class design!

i hope we see one in legion..

nothing is more important for legion and 8.0!

let us help you for a better future..
    Oh you sweet summer child. You surely must have realized by now that they really don't want your help and, in their mind, know best anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I've noticed the builds of the month have slowly crept up in price by about $100-200, too. Especially for the Dolphin builds.
    Twitch purchased Curse, And Amazon owns Twitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinaki View Post
    These guys are complete retards. Even with 3000 secondary stat on it the best legendary for each class will remain the best and people will want the best. The developers and ion especially are retards
    It will still be way better when you get the bad legendary now and do not have the best one. Going from "qq i did not get the best and the one i got was crap" to "qq i did not get the best"

Finally, one step in the right direction for legendaries. Now tune spec balance and work on sharing more of the mechanics with melee and we're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It will still be way better when you get the bad legendary now and do not have the best one. Going from "qq i did not get the best and the one i got was crap" to "qq i did not get the best"
    Though with current values, it would have to be around 2000-2500 of your best secondary stat to even compare to the mediocre dps legendaries for Mages. Though, yes they said they are going to rebalance the legendaries, but they've said it before and we still went to Nighthold with the best Mage legendaries giving more than 10% more DPS for Fire and Frost.

The 650 will probably be Mastery and that will turn out as 0.8-1.5% more DPS, depending on if the stat distribution on the item will be changed, if it is(like Prydaz).. it will be closer to 1% for most Mage specs. Which just isn't enough, but it's a move to the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Twitch purchased Curse, And Amazon owns Twitch.
    Wonder if Blizz would toss an offer to Amazon for Twitch/Curse for there whole esports division.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Passan View Post
    Supply and demand. Cell phones and other devices are eating up the supply of DDR4.
    But... cell phones don't use the same sticks that PCs use?

Why is mmochamp listing the gtx 1060 and not the rx 480 when the 480 is better with the new drivers? It's better and cheaper.

I really hope h that when their tuning goes through (nerfing fourth lesson) that they'll compensate by making the class not be balanced around having specific combos of legendaries (they won't).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Suppose it's a good thing that throughput effects are getting more in line, but in the long run it doesn't solve the issue that a big part of WoWs playerbase aren't really MMO players at heart. I blame WoD for cultivating the kind of player that thinks that as long as he/she clears the latest raid every week, they should always be 100% optimal, and people that don't raid can.. uh. Unsub because there's no power gain to attain outside of raid gear.

Just look at how people treat artifact power. It's designed to be something you earn all the time, and 'capping' should be for the most hardcore mythic raiders only, but people are seemingly unable to set realistic expectations on themselves. They see AP and all they see is a huge grind they have to finish before they are 'competitive'. But to be fair, the fact that some bosses in Nighthold were tuned around 54 traits, something I sure didn't expect from Blizzard, was a gigantic mistake and only reinforced the community idea that you're uncompetitive otherwise. Instead of letting progressive gear upgrades do the talking (why do raids have to be clearable day 1 anyway?) they only gave the "54 traits or bust" movement air under their wings.

Legendaries will always have "BiS" (and if it wasn't equip effects it'd be chests/leggings for the pure stats) and until players learn to accept that legendaries aren't supposed to be <get BiS leg 1> <get BiS leg 2> <now you're ready to raid>. Blizzard making these changes sadly only cements the idea that anything that isn't guaranteed and attainable within a week are bad design.
    No, raid-and-log-out is bad design.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-03-11 at 06:11 PM.

that khadgar detail about the nethershard requirement is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikter View Post
    Thank you for posting the build of the month over the years. I've used it to build my last two computers since you first started doing it, and I'm getting ready to make a new one soon and will use it again. It really makes it easy to know what the latest parts to buy are, because I don't keep up with it myself. Knowing what's compatible really helps get me started even if I go for one part that is different, for example. The different price points are great too. My last two computers were in the dolphin range, and now that I have a new job I'm looking forward to buying the stuff in the unicorn range.
    Sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I've noticed the builds of the month have slowly crept up in price by about $100-200, too. Especially for the Dolphin builds.
    Yeah, unfortunately the newer CPU/mobo generation contributed to that, as well as me deciding to move to bigger SSDs by default. Definitely keeping this in mind though, and you can cut some corners to get the cost back down a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Sure thing!

Yeah, unfortunately the newer CPU/mobo generation contributed to that, as well as me deciding to move to bigger SSDs by default. Definitely keeping this in mind though, and you can cut some corners to get the cost back down a bit.

Well kaby lake works on older 1151 socket Mobos with a bios update(which most manufacturers pushed out), and for puppy instead of putting in i3-7100 they should have used G4560, a great budget CPU, which holds its own on the level of the i3. why overpay?

Quote Originally Posted by drgrain View Post
    Well kaby lake works on older 1151 socket Mobos with a bios update(which most manufacturers pushed out), and for puppy instead of putting in i3-7100 they should have used G4560, a great budget CPU, which holds its own on the level of the i3. why overpay?
    It comes reasonably close, but is currently out of stock everywhere.

I'm not sure why the logitech z625 aren't listed for the unicorn speaker set. I have the older set the z2300's and they're very very loud. This set looks to be about the same as the old ones, just dressed up a bit better, with better connectivity options

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    The question we should be asking is, will we ever get a Q&A on class performance? Because it seems like they are making Q&A of topics which could easily be answered in 2-3 blue posts.
    Why? So that Q&A can be filled with people complaining that their class didn't get enough attention?

Quote Originally Posted by drgrain View Post
    I can understand why they're pairing up a 7th gen core CPU with a a 2xx chipset motherboard, it's kind of russian roulette whether or not you actually get the board with up to date BIOS and if you don't have a 6th gen CPU it's a hassle for someone that isn't quite as tech savvy to update the BIOS.

The thing that does bother me though is their insistence on pushing a Z chipset motherboard with a non-K CPU for the puppy build. You could get a very decent non-Z chipset board and an i5 for the same price.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    If you've got a good legendary it'sgonna get nerfed hard. Again.

Their solution to legendaries is to end upwith them not being legendary at all. And they will all be basically weak so that you probably won;t care which one you have and the deciding factor will be the stats.

It's a funny thing, how the community predicted ALL of the issues that have plagued legendaries. The moment the items were revealed and players saw how incredibly powerful some of them were and how incredibly crap others were, and that they were random drops from any content level there were hundreds of posts about "Are they serious about implementing this? It's crazy"

But of course they did not listen and here we are six months down the line and yet another set of sticking plasters incoming...

As to the Q&A's. It is a classic politician's ploy, to hold lengthy debates and press conferences about things you want to talk about and which are of no great importance or interest; it makes th epublic feel you are "listening" and "responsive" . Meanwhile there is just a wall of silence about stuff the voters are really worried about because a debate would mean awkward questions to which there are no pat answers. Questions like

"Soul Effigy is horrible, everyone hated it through Alpha just like mages hated Prismatic Crystal, why did you stick with it?"

But of course, these Q&A's are pre-scripted, they decide the questions - it;s not like there is an awkward reporter shouting "but what about the tax rises you promised weren;t happening??".
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-03-12 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Why? So that Q&A can be filled with people complaining that their class didn't get enough attention?
    Well, yea. Please tell me honestly that all classes get equal amount of dev's attention, if not, Class Q&A is a possibility for the less "popular" classes to get *some* answers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It comes reasonably close, but is currently out of stock everywhere.
    Well atleast in Europe it isn't But i see where are you coming from. Then why use z270 chipset for the cheapest one cpu isn't overclockable. Puppy i presume is the budget build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JMcfCy This build is almost identical to the puppy, i just didn't waste money on a case (deepcool tesseract is still decent looking and fits a fullsize cooler), got a g4560, h270 mobo and a cheaper optical drive( wanted to drop it all together) total is about 100$ less than your build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    I can understand why they're pairing up a 7th gen core CPU with a a 2xx chipset motherboard, it's kind of russian roulette whether or not you actually get the board with up to date BIOS and if you don't have a 6th gen CPU it's a hassle for someone that isn't quite as tech savvy to update the BIOS.

The thing that does bother me though is their insistence on pushing a Z chipset motherboard with a non-K CPU for the puppy build. You could get a very decent non-Z chipset board and an i5 for the same price.
    Well About the bios update, research does that and i have seen more shops performing a flash on the boards for about 10euros (they use their cpu and boom you are done), well they could have used h270 for the basic builds.
    Last edited by mmoc7fbaabdd27; 2017-03-12 at 10:40 AM.