View Poll Results: Which game is better overall?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Witcher 3

41 70.69%
  • Breath of the Wild

17 29.31%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    zelda should sue most game companies for inspiring millions of ppl 30 years ago, same for mario, without nintendo would witcher even fucking exist?
    Witcher 3 and RPGs in general where inspired by D&D, not Nintendo. If you want to go with a big name video game then the original FF was the first big one to do the D&D formula in a video game. Not really anything to do with Nintendo tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    World physics?

Puzzles?

World diversity?

Non linear freedom?

All of these things are done better in Zelda. But yea "better everything". No once again, 2 different games trying to do different things and thus doing different things better then one another.
    Maybe you missed the very first part of my post that should have put things into perspective for you.

"While they are both different games, they are both still technically open world action RPG/adventure games."

I also went on to say how good BotW actually is. And also, what I said is also MY OPINION and nothing more.

But please, continue on with your usual cherrypicking of statements and your vast personal knowledge of video games that ALWAYS makes your opinion more valid than anyone else's on MMO-C apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    zelda should sue most game companies for inspiring millions of ppl 30 years ago, same for mario, without nintendo would witcher even fucking exist?
    Wow, his sarcasm went right over the top of your head didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    usual cherrypicking of statements
    Direct quote of you saying it does everything better is cherry picking. Kay.

Don't like getting called out on your hyperbolic statements big guy?

witcher 3 because i try play zelda game and did not like it
    Last edited by vipers; 2017-03-12 at 03:39 AM.

Its all going to boil down to opinions.

Witcher 3 seems to have a great story and the game looks amazing.

But if I had to pick it would be Zelda:BOTW just because I hate the gameplay in Witcher 3. That isn't me putting the game down, I think its a great game and I call it (one of the best games I couldn't finish) but its controls was just a massive turn off. Someday I may just say fuck it and deal with the controls so I can finish the story. I just didn't like how the combat and all handled.

So even without playing BOTW I can pick it above it just because I know ill be able to play the dam thing.

All opinions tho
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-12 at 03:23 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Direct quote of you saying it does everything better is cherry picking. Kay.

Don't like getting called out on your hyperbolic statements big guy?
    Not sure about you, but where I come from "pretty much everything" doesn't mean 100% everything. It means almost everything but not everything.

Definition of the phrase "pretty much" as per Google:

informal
    very nearly.
    "the case is pretty well over"

also:

Almost, nearly, approximately, as in Our homework was pretty much finished. This adverbial usage differs from the use of pretty for “considerable”

So no, my statement didn't mean that the Witcher 3 did EVERYTHING better. Just mostly everything. But don't worry.....I understand English is probably hard for you.

Also, it was in relation to the actual things I listed before the phrase ("Way more production value put into it, more content, better story, better side stories, deeper character development, better optimization"), which by the way, the Witcher 3 DID do better than BotW at. But once again, English and reading comprehension are hard for you. We understand this by the multitude of shit posts you do on MMO-C on a daily basis.

Also, you used non linear freedom as an example of something BotW does better. I wholeheartedly disagree (yes BotW does it well, but to act like Witcher 3 doesn't is only proving yourself a fool). You've either never played the Witcher 3 or you're purposely forgetting things about it in order to prove a point. You can do pretty much anything you want in the Witcher 3 without touching the main story line. I myself cleared almost the whole map of Velen before ever stepping foot into Novigrad for the main story. That's pretty fucking non linear if you ask me. But apparently you're either struggling with English comprehension again or are purposely ignoring facts in order to prove one of your asinine points.

But please go on, I'm sure you've got some other comment you'd like to add to try and prove yourself right yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

I also feel like Zelda is only getting 10/10 review scores "because Zelda". Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but most definitely not worthy of a perfect score.

If most other games had some of the shortcomings or systems that Zelda does, they'd get knocked for it (very bland, generic looking open world that can be very barren at times, optimization/performance issues, lack of more in-depth systems just to name a few). But because this is a Zelda game and it's running on purposefully weak ass hardware, it keeps getting free passes in a lot of areas that other games would get hammered for. It's being extremely unfair to pretty much every other game in existence.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-03-12 at 04:07 AM.

Remove the Zelda franchise from the game and it instantly becomes a mediocre game these days. People are banking on nostalgia with all the names, characters and places in Zelda. The narrative is okay at best, the VA is mediocre bordering on cringy and it runs rather poorly on its native system. Oh, and fuck the durability and stamina system.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking BotW more, because of the engine, but both are very awesome games.

Where is the neither or no opinion option? I enjoyed the Witcher 3 (not as much as some but I did like it). I liked Zelda as a kid and it does hold some nostalgia for me but I haven't played a Nintendo game in years and I'm not about to spend $450+ for just one game. Anyway, from the videos they don't look comparable. One is an RPG, the other is an Adventure game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Zelda is the most overrated game to come out in the last decade or so... there's no way those 10/10 or even 9/10 scores are legit... The world looks bland, repetitive and empty, the story is nearly nonexistent, the combat and enemies also feel pretty repetitive, barebones systems that belong in the 90s (actually maybe in the 80s since the 90s had games like planescape torment and Diablo with much more indepth systems), and let's not forget the downgrade from what was initially announced, for which I've seen no outrage... If it were UBI or EA releasing a game with such a massive downgrade the internet would be in flames...

But this is just what I've picked up from the 2-3 hours of twitch I could force myself to watch.

Heck Horizon: Zero Dawn is way more deserving of the 9s and 10s than BOTW, that game has pretty much everything better than zelda(except some of the voice acting, they both kinda suck at that).

That said, I'll probably try it out if they ever release a decent Pokemon game for the switch, to motivate me to buy one.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2017-03-12 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never could get into Japanese games, their art style tends to look very childish (and Zelda himself looks like an 8 y/o kid). Witcher 3, on the other hand, has one of the most adult, gritty themes I've ever seen in a video game. So... The choice is obvious!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    The Witcher 3 does the open world in a way that showed everybody you can and you should have a deep and entertaining linear story and toms of meaningfull sidequests on an open world while still offering players toms of freedom and places to explore, it kinda revolutionized the genre. Breath of the Wild does the open world realy well but falls in the age old pitfall of sacrificing the narrative to offer freedom, on a post Witcher 3 world thats rather unexcusable. Witcher 3 is the superior game.
    The Witcher 3 did absolutely nothing that previous RPGs had not; meaningful sidequests in the world? Chrono Trigger pioneered the idea. The Legend of Heroes codified. Mass Effect also did it to an extent. Nothing new.

Zelda never was, and never will be about attaining the narrative level of the Witcher 3; that falls outside the focus of the game. Zelda is about gameplay and exploration, not deep stories.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Its 2017, time to get on with the program and include a strong narrative, proper voice acting and whatnot. If the point is the freedom you can let ppl not partake in it if they so choose, but they have to include a good story in the game, its a copt out to say "its about the gameplay", the devs are purposefully leaving 1 dimension of what makes videogames great out of theire game, having a good narrative does not detract from gameplay 1 bit, in fact if you do it realy well it adds to it, a lot, so why is it that gameplay should be the excuse to half ass your narrative ?

I asure you if Breath of the Wild were the same game it is right now and on top of it had a Witcher 3 level narrative you could partake on if you so choose itd be the best game ever made, that the game opts out of a strong narrative isn't a plus, its a minus and when you compare it with games that doesn't it lacks an element, theres no way around it. And after Witcher 3 managing to so seemelesly and so masterfully integrate a deep imersive tale to an open world no one has an excuse anymore to say doing anything liek that would sacrifice the freedom.
    I'm not even going to bother with the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Not to hate on BotW, but reviewers giving it a 10/10 just goes to show up much people are willing to forgive a Nintendo game, and even more so, a Zelda game. It's a great game, but it should have never gotten a perfect score. I've seen other games get crucified for things that seemed to get ignored and brushed under the rug in BotW. The game world is huge, sure, but it's pretty damn barren in comparison to almost any other open world action/RPG game.
    "Barren", as in the world isn't highly condensed with something every fifty feet, or are you disappointed that everything was spread further apart from each other? Also, reviewers rate a game for what the developers tried to design it to be, not what consumers think a game should be. BotW nails down what the developers intended it to be, thus the top-tier ratings. I will concede however, that if the game was not apart of the Zelda franchise, that it would almost certainly not receive the unanimous praise it is getting now.

All of these things are done better in Zelda. But yea "better everything". No once again, 2 different games trying to do different things and thus doing different things better then one another.
    Indeed, this is what the comparison boils down to. The developers of the Witcher 3 and BotW set out to a design a game with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OBJECTIVES in mind; you mind as well be comparing Red Orchestra to Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I honestly never could get into Japanese games, their art style tends to look very childish (and Zelda himself looks like an 8 y/o kid). Witcher 3, on the other hand, has one of the most adult, gritty themes I've ever seen in a video game. So... The choice is obvious!
    So you prefer one over the other based off of aesthetics and overall tone. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I think Zelda is the most overrated game to come out in the last decade or so...
    If Zelda was overrated, the franchise would've stalled long ago with poor sales reflecting consequentially poor word of mouth and have been ultimately discontinued. Even more likely than usually, considering this is Nintendo we are talking about - the same company that let their Pikmin, Mother, Metroid, Star Fox, and (almost) Fire Emblem franchises die when poor reviews led to poor sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will concede however, that if the game was not apart of the Zelda franchise, that it would almost certainly not receive the unanimous praise it is getting now.

If Zelda was overrated, the franchise would've stalled long ago with poor sales reflecting consequentially poor word of mouth and have been ultimately discontinued. Even more likely than usually, considering this is Nintendo we are talking about - the same company that let their Pikmin, Mother, Metroid, Star Fox, and (almost) Fire Emblem franchises die when poor reviews led to poor sales.
    Basically what I'm saying... there's no way it is a 9/10+ game... it only gets those scores because it's Zelda and people have a massive nostalgia hardon for it. Hence why it's overrated, literally rated more than it is deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Basically what I'm saying... there's no way it is a 9/10+ game... it only gets those scores because it's Zelda and people have a massive nostalgia hardon for it. Hence why it's overrated, literally rated more than it is deserving.
    Try telling the Zelda fanboys that. They can't see that for the raging Zelda boner blocking their vision.

Different games, but having played both, in my opinion Zelda doesn't even come close to the masterpiece Witcher 3 is.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow game vs game discussion.