Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Just because some good looking people on television say that everything is fine in Sweden, doesn't mean that Trump lied.

Basically, it goes as follows

Trump: 50% of X.
    MSM: Trump lied! It's only 48%!
    This is the typical Trump scandal. It has five stages:

Stage one: A media outlet reports something.

Stage two: Trump simplifies that report into an incorrect headline.

Stage three: The media jump on the incorrect headline, tacitly suggesting that there is no relationship between Trump's headline and the truth.

Stage four: The right fires back by pointing out that while Trump may be getting the headline wrong, there's underlying truth to the narrative.

Stage five: The left seethes that anyone would defend Trump's falsehoods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It's great that you like Trump but brown nosing and cucking are unattractive traits.
    I agree that brown nosers are pathetic. And where do you see me cucking someone? Are you raising my child?
    Anyway, please don't derail this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    This is the typical Trump scandal. It has five stages:

Stage one: A media outlet reports something.

Stage two: Trump simplifies that report into an incorrect headline.

Stage three: The media jump on the incorrect headline, tacitly suggesting that there is no relationship between Trump's headline and the truth.

Stage four: The right fires back by pointing out that while Trump may be getting the headline wrong, there's underlying truth to the narrative.

Stage five: The left seethes that anyone would defend Trump's falsehoods.

The left is trying to supress many vital news that go against their imperative.
    Trump is using them to talk about stuff that they usually would not report.

Ergo, Trump is using a jujutsu move where you use the energy of your opponent and redirect it against him.
    This wouldnt be possible if the majority of msm were objective and independent.

I agree that brown nosers are pathetic. And where do you see me cucking someone? Are you raising my child?
    Anyway, please don't derail this thread.
    linking a video about Hillary in a thread about Trump wasn't deflecting like a bitch or derailing though? The Internet destroyed the meaning of cuck and its used like anyother insults nowadays. I just use it call out brown nosers.

There are reports on the refugee crisis all the time and with or without Trump especially on Fox News.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-03-12 at 04:49 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Conservatives have the Dankest Memes.
    Incidentally, this is about all they've got in the arguments department.

- - - Updated - - -

Whereby 'vital news' is typically twisted shit of no real consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Angry Liberal is a common term. Angry Conservative is not. /shrug
    Because the closed conservative circle is an echo chamber that repeats on itself.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Because the closed conservative circle is an echo chamber that repeats on itself.
    Both sides have echo chambers. What are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Is this upside down world?

"Angry white men" has been used to describe republicans for a very long time.

I can't particularly take anyone seriously who is pretending Trump is a fine president. The most intelligent conservatives I know don't do that either, since everyone with a braincell can see that Trump is an incompetent buffoon. One would have to go to some pretty extreme lengths of denial, at the same level of "wir haben es nicht gewusst" to ignore everything fucked up about Trump.
    When did I say anything of the sort? Straw man much?

I'm sorry. What can we do to heal this terrible sadness?
    Go back and replace the presidential candidates with Tywin Lannister from GoT and Al Swearengen from Deadwood. I would watch the fuck out of that debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana
    Liberals are never happy. Ever.
    I wouldn't qualify as a liberal though, and certainly not a Democrat. It must be something else, probably the raging incontinence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, two different words 8 years apart is certainly a manipulation. Evil media have planned it all along!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Go back and replace the presidential candidates with Tywin Lannister from GoT and Al Swearengen from Deadwood. I would watch the fuck out of that debate.
    Fuck, that is a tough call for me. -_- I would prefer that though.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this upside down world?

"Angry white men" has been used to describe republicans for a very long time.

I can't particularly take anyone seriously who is pretending Trump is a fine president. The most intelligent conservatives I know don't do that either, since everyone with a braincell can see that Trump is an incompetent buffoon. One would have to go to some pretty extreme lengths of denial, at the same level of "wir haben es nicht gewusst" to ignore everything fucked up about Trump.
    Liberals now complain about racist OK hand gestures, internet frogs, micro-aggression and people drinking milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post

I wouldn't qualify as a liberal though, and certainly not a Democrat. It must be something else, probably the raging incontinence.
    LOL 10/10

/10/10chars

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Incidentally, this is about all they've got in the arguments department.
    It's the fun side now.

Maybe it always was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the media against Trump? Well, certainly the mainstream media outside of perhaps Fox News seems to be using interesting conjugations and vocabulary to describe actions President Trump takes as president.

An example would be the reporting on Trump's replacements of various Obama era attorney's:

More about Russell Conjugations or Emotive Conjugations from Eric R. Weinstein:

So? Is the media playing a manipulative game?
    Sounds like a lot of butthurt over words.

Fuck, that is a tough call for me. -_- I would prefer that though.
    There is literally no downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell
    I've never seen anyone on this board ever making a thread to complain about these things.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gesture+racist
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-03-12 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It might just turn out that sex-crazed women isn't high on the list of things that skew elections.
    Well as the whole thread alludes to - ethos and rhetoric, and story, and character, and emotion... they all drive people to liking a candidate more and supporting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen anyone on this board ever making a thread to complain about these things.
    Wasn't there a thread some time ago about a Star Wars Episode VII character toy collection released, where the OP complained that there was an uneven number of male and female characters included? I'd say that one was even more petty than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You think conservative women don't have what you're describing?

Don't get it twisted, it's there. It's just sexy to them because it's a forbidden fruit/snowflake kind of thing.
    Yeah I was going to say that but I'm not sure if it would be like a "im gonna secretly vote obama for sexual thrill" thing and more like "im gonna vote obama because his character feels good to me" (and unbeknownst because of racial bias).

I have no clue what conservative women think. They want a big manly man with traditional masculine features, and they think black men are the most masculine of anyone. Things should add up eventually and conservative white men should get the picture... eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This has nothing to do with "fake news". People putting a negative light on people you support does not make something "fake news". All you're really doing here is underscoring your personal bias.
    How do we teach people that bias is allowed, acceptable, and even encouraged in all forms of communication, especially modern media, but that lying is wrong, while also agreeing that omission is okay?

It's so confusing, we should just decide on a label for it. Then we can use that label to denote all previously described qualities.

A label I suggest: Fake news.

I'm not sure you understand the word "fake", OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    How do we teach people that bias is allowed, acceptable, and even encouraged in all forms of communication, especially modern media, but that lying is wrong, while also agreeing that omission is okay?

It's so confusing, we should just decide on a label for it. Then we can use that label to denote all previously described qualities.

A label I suggest: Fake news.
    Because Bias isn't lying. Do you not understand the difference? Lying would be making shit up without evidence. Bias is reporting a story with the facts suited to your view or explaining why the facts support your conclusion. For example, see any Gun Control story after a mass shooting ... you'll have conservative talking groups talking about how liberals want to take the guns away (even though no one ever stated they will take guns) as that is one form of potential gun control. It isn't a lie, but rather a bias to what their view on gun control is.

I am pro gun control and when I say that I almost always get "Oh, so you are for banning guns!" and when I go no, they look at me like I am crazy.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Trump is using them to talk about stuff that they usually would not report.
    Yeah, like wiretapping Trump Tower...