Mythic+ paths: tips and tricks

Hello, MMO-Champ community!

I finally created my account and I have so many questions to ask

For now I would like to see if any of you have any tips and tricks for the paths in Mythic+ dungeons. Any shortcuts that are acutal shortcuts and not just a waste of time.

I am asking this because yesterday, while doing EoA +10, I was surprised when the guys I was grouped up with wanted to 'use the ship'. After clearing the area behind the last boss we proceeded to climb the ship and fail to do the jump to the rock for 5 minutes.... I was told by a guildy later that that was not the way to do it, which leads me to the thread in question: what is the way to do this, and are there other alternative pathings I should be aware before continuing with 10+ keys?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never used that myself, but unless I am mistaken you use a Demonhunter to jump up to the Sea Giant Boss using the ship, then use a Swapblaster (engineering item) and swap places with a person riding on a multi person mount. You do that once more and can basically skip everything between Serpentrix and King Deepbeard.

Other than that, even though those aren't really shortcuts, what I could think of would be:

- Using a invisibility potion to skip all the trash before the first boss in Blackrook Hold.
    - Using beer to skip 1-2 trash packs in Halls of Valor (the 4 mob center pack in the hall usually)
    - CCing the Dryad in the second pack after the first boss in Darkheart Thicket to skip said pack.

Deleted
    We do the boat skip with a druid using his travel form wild charge and a warrior with heroic leap. After that the priest (which was riding the druid) leaps of faith who's left. I know mages can do a trick to get back up after being swapblasted but I'm not sure how they do it (monks can do it with transcendence)

the trick @ EOA for higher level works actually but requires a rogue. You make the mob count over @ the area where the second boss is. a DH will then jump up to the top of the ship, then a rogue will shadowstep + travel mount combo, not entirely sure how it works but something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    the trick @ EOA for higher level works actually but requires a rogue. You make the mob count over @ the area where the second boss is. a DH will then jump up to the top of the ship, then a rogue will shadowstep + travel mount combo, not entirely sure how it works but something like that.
    Vengeance Demon Hunter can jump up alone with no problems. Double jump up to ship, jump out and infernal strike up, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Vengeance Demon Hunter can jump up alone with no problems. Double jump up to ship, jump out and infernal strike up, easy.
    yeah but only the DH will be up there, with the rogue shadowstepping he can transport th whole group up

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip for higher Maw of Souls. If you tank the large add in the bottom of the boat in the doorway to the stairs up towards the second boss it will not cast sludge belch at all. This is particularly helpful on high level fortified especially after the Mariner wrecks your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowd View Post
    Tip for higher Maw of Souls. If you tank the large add in the bottom of the boat in the doorway to the stairs up towards the second boss it will not cast sludge belch at all. This is particularly helpful on high level fortified especially after the Mariner wrecks your group.
    never knew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    yeah but only the DH will be up there, with the rogue shadowstepping he can transport th whole group up
    You can swapblast someone on a 3 person mount and just jump back up again.

Deleted
    Tip for Halls of Valor (may come in handy next patch when the AP changes go into effect), it's a bit messy to describe so I may edit with images if I can be bothered.

As soon as you enter Fenryr's portal if you go directly right you can jump off the rock into the corner of the wall then onto the ledge above (really easy jump) overlooking the area and freerun all the way around the right hand side to drop onto Fenryr's first fight area (he's always on the right hand side on M+).

If you then go across the bridge and follow the dirt path exactly you can CC one wolf from the pack on the right hand side on the way and get to Fenryr's second spot without killing any trash.

Then on the way back, follow the same path back to the bridge then drop off and go across the water, up the ramp and you can go in-between the leftmost yak and the archer pack without pulling again.

So basically you can do the entire Fenryr section without killing any trash (or just the 1 wolf pack for forces or in a pug).

Also you can drag the last pack of mobs up the golden bridge at the end and kill them up top so someone can run and start the RP/encounters off for the last two bosses.

Sidenote: if you take the time to learn it HoV is actually an absurdly easy 3 chest even at higher levels due to the incredibly relaxed timer.

In arcway you can have a Druid stealth past the all the mobs before the demon (zakuun like boss - sorry his name escapes me), and have him go to the second floor. Everyone will die right by him on the floor below, Druid will Rez healer, healer Rez group, boom all mobs skipped and everyone will be on the upper floor right at the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You can swapblast someone on a 3 person mount and just jump back up again.
    Exactly, Demon hunter jumps up, swap blasts 3 people from a 3 person mount, then jumps back up again. Only issue is the person left down the bottom, but in lucky scenarios where you have a priest with LOF or something, that's fine, unless the other person has a swap blaster - then they swap blast the DH again.

NOTE: Just remember the winds are a pain in the ass on this, if you're on the edge after being swap blasted, make sure you move 10 yards onto the ledge... or you could get knocked off - GG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvis View Post
    Tip for Halls of Valor (may come in handy next patch when the AP changes go into effect), it's a bit messy to describe so I may edit with images if I can be bothered.

As soon as you enter Fenryr's portal if you go directly right you can jump off the rock into the corner of the wall then onto the ledge above (really easy jump) overlooking the area and freerun all the way around the right hand side to drop onto Fenryr's first fight area (he's always on the right hand side on M+).

If you then go across the bridge and follow the dirt path exactly you can CC one wolf from the pack on the right hand side on the way and get to Fenryr's second spot without killing any trash.

Then on the way back, follow the same path back to the bridge then drop off and go across the water, up the ramp and you can go in-between the leftmost yak and the archer pack without pulling again.

So basically you can do the entire Fenryr section without killing any trash (or just the 1 wolf pack for forces or in a pug).

Also you can drag the last pack of mobs up the golden bridge at the end and kill them up top so someone can run and start the RP/encounters off for the last two bosses.

Sidenote: if you take the time to learn it HoV is actually an absurdly easy 3 chest even at higher levels due to the incredibly relaxed timer.
    Just to add to this, there is so much trash that can be skipped in HoV.
    - the 4-Mob group in the center between the tables can be skipped entirely. Just carefully taunt the patrols and keep to the wall. Rigth before the end throw one mead into the 4 mobs so you only pull the 2 big mobs up the bridge like Silvis said.
    -before Hyrja you can skip the 3-mob group by sticking to the wall on the left or right side - then you only need to do the 2 named mobs to trigger Hyrja. if you do it that way everyone in the group must be careful when switching sides all through the figth with Hyrja (on higher keystone levels with tyrannical it will be necessary to play both of Hyrjas phases).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkuri View Post
    Just to add to this, there is so much trash that can be skipped in HoV.
    - the 4-Mob group in the center between the tables can be skipped entirely. Just carefully taunt the patrols and keep to the wall. Rigth before the end throw one mead into the 4 mobs so you only pull the 2 big mobs up the bridge like Silvis said.
    Does it still work ? I've tried it thrice today and got aggro. It was a normal dungeon. I don't understand, did I miss something ? It always worked before and just came back after 1 month with a new tank, and it didn't work for 3 f*****g times.
    And then someone told me to learn to play my class... Right, whatever.