Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes they absolutely should and in fact they even explicitly stated that they were nerfing some of the more powerful legendaries in 7.1.5 to bridge the gap between the top tier and bottom tier legendaries. For some reason however, they decided to nerf belt and the ring - a design philosophy i certainly agree with - to only then bring out the shoulder legendary which is extremely impactful on performance and gameplay. The devs are just in a state of confusion with the legendary system and i think it will be a continuing problem until the next expansion. Bottom tier legendaries should definitely see a buff however and I'm happy to see blizzard are planning to buff some in 7.2
    Last edited by Taxiforholinka; 2017-03-11 at 11:49 AM.

Why would you want to nerf the legendaries that are basically the only reason BM is viable in the first place? Its not like BM will get some massive buff to compensate for the bis legendaries that should be baseline anyways. Buff the other legendaries not nerf what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfed? No

Fixed? Yes

The Ring is broken for atleast 5 months, changing Pet Specs back to their default.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Why would you want to nerf the legendaries that are basically the only reason BM is viable in the first place? Its not like BM will get some massive buff to compensate for the bis legendaries that should be baseline anyways. Buff the other legendaries not nerf what we have now.
    I don't understand why the 1/3 of the posters in here think nerfing the shoulders is the same thing as nerfing the spec as a whole. If the spec is dependent on a 1/10 drop (with increasing chances of getting the correct drop each new one you get.) Then that is an extremely flawed design philosophy. Why should a hunter alt that got lucky and got the 2 bis legendaries right away be in a twice as good of a position as the guy who got screwed on drops? If hunter dps is low across the board after legendaries are balanced against one another, then I have faith that Bliz will number buff the class accordingly. I just don't have faith in thier ability to balance talents and legendaries against one another. I mean, have you ever seen a sane hunter take stampeed? That talent is beyond garbage.

My personal situation is as follows: I have 6 legendaries. I have put in a hell of a lot of time in my opinion to get them. I seem to play twice as much as other people in guild. I made the unfortunate mistake of playing MM at the start of the expac since it was performing so well at the time. My first. 2 legendaries are MM specific, but aren't really that good. My next 4 are for BM and are all quite lack luster/ healing or utility. I have 4 left to go until I'm pretty much guaranteed to ensure my last 2 are the belt and shoulders. I could get lucky before then, but at this point I wouldn't count on it.

Why should I have to play this game for well over 1500 hours at 110 just to get to a point where I am competitive with the lucky hunters that got their drops right away? That is BS. It is also about 10 times more than I have ever played any other game, and that's just this expac at 110. Better off playing an alt with more balanced set of legendaries available to them. And this is not even an issue of I'm worried I might get benched or that people will start to question my performance. I'm one of the top 3 dps in my raid for pretty much every fight in the game. And I do it as BM with shit legendaries. It is still very much possible to rank in the 95 percentile and above with bad legendaries. Hell I had held 13 highest dps spot on the tichondrius fight with the healing helm and pants equipped for a time. But I am less competitive than I would be with good legendaries, let there be no doubt.
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-03-11 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    ... Why should a hunter alt that got lucky and got the 2 bis legendaries right away be in a twice as good of a position as the guy who got screwed on drops?...
    The Shoulders are nice. More fun to play for sure but "twice as good" never. The top BM legendaries are very close together. Maybe 10-20k apart and this is very balanced if you compare this to other classes.

But I'm with you, if you suggest that blizzard should do somthing to fix the wasted procs from Wild Call for every BM hunter. This is an topic since they indroduced this mechanic... but nerfing the Shoulders is not the solution. Two charges should be baseline and if the Shoulders add an 3rd charge its nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareel View Post
    The Shoulders are nice. More fun to play for sure but "twice as good" never. The top BM legendaries are very close together. Maybe 10-20k apart and this is very balanced if you compare this to other classes.
    He's using a hyperbole to make a point, you're reading into it way to literal.

Last1214 is right; legendaries shouldn't NOT be nerfed/fixed because it would break the spec otherwise. If a spec is dependent that much on a legendary that's a big friggin issue to begin with.
    Granted the shoulders aren't a make or break deal for a BM hunter, but they sure as hell have a significant enough impact that either it should be nerfed and the spec should be brought up OR the other legendaries should get buffed. Frankly the former seems like the easiest thing to do.

I wouldn't mind seeing double DB baseline, it would probably improve the fluidity of the spec a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Because the spec should be viable without them. Make 2 charges on Dire Beast baseline, change the shoulders to do something else. It's really not that complicated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Because the spec should be viable without them. Make 2 charges on Dire Beast baseline, change the shoulders to do something else. It's really not that complicated.
    I keep seeing this viable talk.. BM is viable without shoulders.. anyone who says otherwise is just plain bad.. it's middle of the pack damage wise and very easy to play with unlimited mobility.. Believe me I want the shoulders more then anything.. but still perform without them

I have Pydraz/Sephuz/Belt/Helm/Boots/Wrists and Ring

What they need to do is buff legendaries not nerf the shoulders

Right now I use ONLY Belt/Pydraz and sometimes boots..

The wrists/Ring went from solid legendaries to garbage.. Pydraz is a dps increase over them and has a huge bubble to protect you on progress raids/hard mythic +

I have no idea why the ring went from 10% to 5% that needs to be reverted

Voodoo mask needs to keep healing even after u jump up from FD and even then no one will use it

It feels fucking bad to have 7 legendaries.. 4 of which I will never use (didn't even equip sephuz/Bm ring which were my last 2 legos)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It doesn't matter if BM is a top spec with them or not, it's how much of an increase it gives with and without. Fact is, shoulders are insanely strong. Enormous dps buff. Too big. Shoulders NEED a nerf, and BM needs a buff to focus gen.
    Why not bring some of the other legendaries up to the same level ? Or perhaps adjust the 1 with the pack talent which is the main thing that actually makes the shoulders so strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Why not bring some of the other legendaries up to the same level ? Or perhaps adjust the 1 with the pack talent which is the main thing that actually makes the shoulders so strong?
    Because the difference between not having dps legendaries, and having them is too large. But nerfing the shoulders would make BM weaker than they should be without a buff.

they should not and the reason why is nerfing legendarieds is not going to suddenly make mediocre players that much better by nerfing legendaries that coincidentally an exceptional player may have.

in other words, it is not the legendary that is the issue, it is the mediocre/average player that will not get better simply with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Lets say that every BM hunter in the game had the shoulders.... we would all use them, for every damn situation you can think of. You would never consider taking them off because fight A has more aoe than fight B or vice versa. You would never consider switching them out for pretty much anything. When I play my Aff lock alt and look at the list of legionaries available, no one legendary sticks out to say this is the absolute best legendary for every situation I will ever come across.

This is another underlying problem. As more people get them it will become more apparent when you look at the logs and see 100/100 of the top BM hunters are using shoulders Belt combo for every fight in the game.

I want to be able to justify using Pyrdaz for more survivability on a fight, Kil'jaedens trinket when I can abuse the burst aoe every minuet and a half, or god forbid Sephuz on a fight where i'm slowing adds every 30 secs.
    It's like that for every class; every spec has a couple legendaries that are bis and always will be. This is just a cry thread for people who haven't been lucky or ran enough content, and if it wasn't the title would have been something along the lines of "balance of legendaries of every spec" not just BM.

Let me let you guys in on a little secret. You may have to use your head for this, so a lot of people here might not get it. If you think the majority of the community is against the legendary system you are wrong. You're only hearing from people who are motivated enough to cry on forums. Their motivation is coming from frustration and anger from not having the legendary they want.

Here's an idea: go run some m+. After you've ran a couple thousand come back, but before you post anything think to yourself - is crying going to solve anything? Then go back to doing more m+. RNG is RNG and just like life, the game isn't fair. I'd prefer Blizz not giving free handouts or the nerfing of items just because you don't have it. Get over it bitches.

You still kind of seem to be missing the point which is that this legendary completely changes the way that BM works. It changes from being a braindead rotational spec to a spec with a meaningful DPS proc that has to be managed. The spec works better in every way with the mantle. It's obvious that the spec was designed from the beginning to work with it. Our best talent on a row is completely worthless unless you have this legendary. That alone is reason to realise that change is needed.

I don't care at all about the 6-7% dps difference between mantle and other legendaries. I do care that I'm playing a worse spec than hunters that have the mantle. 2 charges of dire beast should be baseline and that should be the end of the conversation of the topic.

There is nothing to manage. You hit Dire Beast on cooldown. The shoulders just make it so that the proc, which happens with the shoulders or not, doesn't get partially wasted. If you save up your charges for BW or TT, you could call that added complexity I suppose, but hey, what happens when you are saving up charges and a proc happens? Wasted proc, same as with no shoulders. It makes some talents more viable, but selecting those talents does not change the gameplay in any meaningful way in my opinion. You're just pressing Dire Beast more often. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerothian View Post
    Chances are they will just break the set bonus somehow. Otherwise as you say, you'd have people just using old TF'd gear.
    People asked about this they said they understood that might happen and are okay with it. Doesn't mean I believe them, they just said it.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Grummz View Post
    It's like that for every class; every spec has a couple legendaries that are bis and always will be. This is just a cry thread for people who haven't been lucky or ran enough content, and if it wasn't the title would have been something along the lines of "balance of legendaries of every spec" not just BM.

Let me let you guys in on a little secret. You may have to use your head for this, so a lot of people here might not get it. If you think the majority of the community is against the legendary system you are wrong. You're only hearing from people who are motivated enough to cry on forums. Their motivation is coming from frustration and anger from not having the legendary they want.

Here's an idea: go run some m+. After you've ran a couple thousand come back, but before you post anything think to yourself - is crying going to solve anything? Then go back to doing more m+. RNG is RNG and just like life, the game isn't fair. I'd prefer Blizz not giving free handouts or the nerfing of items just because you don't have it. Get over it bitches.
    Perhaps the majority of the entire playing community is not, however the majority of the vocal people who actually put alot of time and effort into this game and care much more about it are very much against it. I think we all understand that probably well more than half the people play this game just do it for kicks and will go with whatever, because they just like to play video games. Nothing wrong with that. But for those of us who play on a more serious level, this is a more serious issue. I have 7 legendaries, and I've definitely put the time in to farm them, but not the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummz View Post

What a worthless post.

Not everyone can play 8 hours a day to farm every legendary in the game, which is why the system is awful.

In my guild probably 3 or 4 people total have more than 4 legendaries.

You shouldn't have to play 40 hours a week to have access to full capability of your class.

Is crying going to solve anything? It has many times in the past. Blizzard do respond to feedback. One thing's for sure, you telling people to just play more isn't going to solve anything.

I see nobody has mentioned the blue post referencing the change coming to legendaries on PTR soon(tm)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/8...y-items-in-72/

Quite possibly some of the undesirables like Helm/Pants and possibly a balance pass on the existing ones.

Their 4 bullet points were;
    - Added throughput effects to legendaries with non-throughput bonuses, or only occasional throughput benefits.
    - Added extra secondary stats to non-throughput legendaries where that makes more sense than to add throughput to the legendary effect itself
    - Improvements to legendaries whose design isn’t working well in gameplay.
    - Numbers tuning to bring the throughput benefits of other legendaries more in line with each other.

Its very possible the mantle could fall victim to some of the above.

Again the problem with the mantle isn't the throughput increase. The problem with the mantle is that it fixes a glaring issue with the spec. This sort of fix should not be subject to RNG. It should be baseline.

Deleted
    If you had all BM legendaries.. Only shoulders/Belt/KJ and Pydraz would see use.. that's a problem.. i do hope they take a look at more then just roots/voodoo mask..

The wrists (due to survival spec no one wanted) and ring got nerfed so badly they now provide less dps the pydraz