Poll: Would you be in favor of the game having an auto remove feature for bad / toxic play?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Is it considered toxic behavior when someone clearly has not prepared for the upcoming boss fight and keeps resetting it and I tell them to get their shit together?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    having other players carry low activity players isnt an excuse. If a player is autoattacking a boss, or is not pressing any of their abilities during an encounter, then having the game auto remove those players saves everyone time and energy to having to garner votes to kick a person. Also, most people fly under the radar doing this because the encounters are so forgiving.
    So yesterday I and several other players were ported into an LFR in progress at the entrance portal while they were waiting at the boss.

The boss was pulled despite failed ready check and we were stuck outside the encounter. I healed us up through the encounter and we got credit but didn't contribute.

Flawed as it is, the kick-vote is still far superior to any algorithm they could put the effort into.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    So yesterday I and several other players were ported into an LFR in progress at the entrance portal while they were waiting at the boss.

The boss was pulled despite failed ready check and we were stuck outside the encounter. I healed us up through the encounter and we got credit but didn't contribute.

Flawed as it is, the kick-vote is still far superior to any algorithm they could put the effort into.
    I don't think so - the vote/kick system is horrible. You get protection for fucks sake.

No, players should have more control over their group than the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as toxic behavior.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Stigmatizing and banishing players with lower skill - is exact definition of Elitism.

You know, lower skill - isn't valid reason for saying, that player doesn't deserve some content. It's something similar to racism.

PVP games have matchmaking and skill ratings for reason. Statements, like "You should play against top players to learn, how to play this game. If you can't improve - you don't deserve playing this game" - are cases of pure Elitism. Games, that throw noobs into matches with top players - are doomed to have 1k players forever, lol.

But you, Elitist guys, may deny this truth and beat this dead horse for as long, as you want.
    Yes, people with lack of skill are always kitted out in heroic raid gear.

Sorry there is no excuse apart from laziness

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yes. the game should check your ilvl and the game should have like a minimum dmg acceptable, so the game would kick the one who are afk or do stupid shit, like a 880 ilvl doing only 125k dps
    You realize this would trickle down into every other aspect of the game right, if it were ever to be made an actual 'thing'.

People whine about group finder requirements now, can you imagine how ridiculous it would get if the game gave you a number of achievable dps you should be pulling at minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Yes, people with lack of skill are always kitted out in heroic raid gear.

Sorry there is no excuse apart from laziness
    You don't understand simple truth: I don't have to be Michael Jordan to play basketball. What Elitists try to say, is that if I'm too lazy to became as good, as Michael Jordan - then I don't deserve playing basketball. I just want to play on my own level. If it's street basketball - let it be. And you're nobody here to decide, whether I deserve it or not.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    You don't understand simple truth: I don't have to be Michael Jordan to play basketball. What Elitists try to say, is that if I'm too lazy to became as good, as Michael Jordan - then I don't deserve playing basketball. I just want to play on my own level. If it's street basketball - let it be. And you're nobody here to decide, whether I deserve it or not.
    No, you just shouldn't auto attack and follow the boss around. If you are going to be at your PC long enough to follow the boss then press some ******* buttons, you dont have to be pro or #1 just pull your own weight.

There was a DK on Tich that done a total of 10mil damage, under 80k dps and when we finally kicked him the Druid in the raid said "haha that was my alt) the guy was putting his DK on follow with him during trash and afking the bosses. THIS IS NOT OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you just shouldn't auto attack and follow the boss around. If you are going to be at your PC long enough to follow the boss then press some ******* buttons, you dont have to be pro or #1 just pull your own weight.

There was a DK on Tich that done a total of 10mil damage, under 80k dps and when we finally kicked him the Druid in the raid said "haha that was my alt) the guy was putting his DK on follow with him during trash and afking the bosses. THIS IS NOT OK.
    Then you kick him yourself. You don't need a computer to do it for you. Stop telling blizzard that you want them to be your nanny in LFR.

I can't believe how many people are in support of this god awful suggestion. Automated removal from groups? Really? You people are that fucking lazy that you can't check to see if someone is pulling their weight yourself?

getting rid of afk scum automatically ? Sounds great.

No one says that. People just don't want you on the team if you don't even try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Then you kick him yourself. You don't need a computer to do it for you. Stop telling blizzard that you want them to be your nanny in LFR.

I can't believe how many people are in support of this god awful suggestion. Automated removal from groups? Really? You people are that fucking lazy that you can't check to see if someone is pulling their weight yourself?
    The kicking system is shit. If you get kicked a lot you get protection?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Because more often than not the attitude is "Its just LFR" but this is unacceptable, you cannot rely on the other people in the raid until wipes start occuring and this is wrong because then the people that are there trying will end up leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Problem is Jay what about lag and disconnects? Some WoW players are stuck with poor internet by choice sadly.
    or what if FedEx shows up right after the pull? this is the stuff LFR is designed around you want to boot people for having to answer the door don't run LFR it's that simple

- - - Updated - - -

Because more often than not the attitude is "Its just LFR" but this is unacceptable, you cannot rely on the other people in the raid until wipes start occuring and this is wrong because then the people that are there trying will end up leaving.
    sounds more like LFR just isn't the difficulty you should be running

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    or what if FedEx shows up right after the pull? this is the stuff LFR is designed around you want to boot people for having to answer the door don't run LFR it's that simple

- - - Updated - - -

sounds more like LFR just isn't the difficulty you should be running
    FedEx wouldn't take that long. It'd be a signature and then take your package in, thats it.

Coming up with rare/fringe examples doesn't really defeat the argument for this idea.

having other players carry low activity players isnt an excuse. If a player is autoattacking a boss, or is not pressing any of their abilities during an encounter, then having the game auto remove those players saves everyone time and energy to having to garner votes to kick a person. Also, most people fly under the radar doing this because the encounters are so forgiving.
    except blizzard doesn't see anything wrong with people just auto-attacking that's a player problem not a blizzard problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    FedEx wouldn't take that long. It'd be a signature and then take your package in, thats it.

Coming up with rare/fringe examples doesn't really defeat the argument for this idea.
    I live on the 5th floor and FedEX won't go past the lobby so I have to run down and sign for any packages then run back up. Sounds more like you just shouldn't be running LFR if these types of things bother you

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I live on the 5th floor and FedEX won't go past the lobby so I have to run down and sign for any packages then run back up. Sounds more like you just shouldn't be running LFR if these types of things bother you
    No, thats a false conclusion. Sounds like you have better things to do than contribute to a boss kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And for those with shitty connections and shitty computers graphically intensive fights could mean they never get to kill a particular boss.
    Then you don't belong doing that group content. Period.

If it is that important to you then you should be able to come up with a solution to that problem instead of trying to make your computer/connection issues hinder everyone else.

Go do world quests, or whatever else your connection allows you to do without dragging other people down around your technology wormhole of failure.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    Then you don't belong doing that group content. Period.

If it is that important to you then you should be able to come up with a solution to that problem instead of trying to make your computer/connection issues hinder everyone else.

Go do world quests, or whatever else your connection allows you to do without dragging other people down around your technology wormhole of failure.
    there is a solution if they way other people play in LFR bothers you, don't run LFR. It's not f-ing rocket science

LFR should die in a fire. Full stop.

A guildy recently dragged me into LFR "for the AP"...

You know when you were little and you pretended to drive your Dad's car while he was actually driving? That's what LFR is. I just can't even. How anyone derives pleasure out of this I will never understand.