10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Enterprising modders still did some things with Inquisition, but it rarely went beyond adding visual customization. I expect the same for Andromeda.

Perhaps allow me to put some armor on everyone, since we learned today that we cannot change companion gear at all, armor OR weapons. So Drack will always use the same shotgun, and Peebee will always prance around in hazardous environments wearing a midriff-baring jacket.

Biower pls. Why. Why give Ryder unprecedented customization, but take it all away from squadmates? grumble grumble.
    Damn, they went the Knights of the Fallen Empire route. I mean I'll live. I played ME2 w/o appearance customization and even with loyalty all that got me was one other outfit. Frankly picking out weapons is more annoying than not, I just hope none of the companions have weapons that make really annoying sounds.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Suribear View Post
    It runs on Frostbite, not Cryengine. That said, I have no idea how easily Frostbite handles modding.
    The answer to that question is coincidentally the same as the answer to the question "How do Krogan mate"? Which I'll let Eve explain.

Go ahead Eve:

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the devs release a toolkit for modders or not. Otherwise it tends to be modders guessing what you can do before they see if something breaks. Paradox and Bethesda are great for releasing toolkits. Yet both have very different reputations when it comes to why they release them. Stardock is also another company that releases toolkits. Blizzard as well for their RTS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Well i am happy that bioware decided to include mentally handicapped characters this time around.

Shooting with the gun backwards, no problem.
    The bullets just bounces off her, space magic and all that.
    OMG, that's something I never noticed before........... the Carnifex Pistol doesn't have a trigger guard.

How the hell did that thing ever managed to make it to mass production? that's one major safety risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It is the devs release a toolkit for modders or not. Otherwise it tends to be modders guessing what you can do before they see if something breaks. Paradox and Bethesda are great for releasing toolkits. Yet both have very different reputations when it comes to why they release them. Stardock is also another company that releases toolkits. Blizzard as well for their RTS games.
    Bioware did it too, but only once. The Aurora toolkit which was used to create endless mods for Neverwinter Nights. Frankly, the vanilla campaign of neverwinter wasn't exactly top quality material, but the endless droves of spectacular mods made for NWN are the stuff of legend.

My personal favorite was The Hexa Coda.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account

Can't wait to see what Monster Factory makes in Andromeda. Also can't wait to see the ugly Ryders people make. hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Bioware did it too, but only once. The Aurora toolkit which was used to create endless mods for Neverwinter Nights. Frankly, the vanilla campaign of neverwinter wasn't exactly top quality material, but the endless droves of spectacular mods made for NWN are the stuff of legend.

My personal favorite was The Hexa Coda.
    They also released a very good Dragon Age: Origins toolset. That one didn't get off for some reason, and there were very few significant mods made, and no full-scale modules, AFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

Can't wait to see what Monster Factory makes in Andromeda. Also can't wait to see the ugly Ryders people make. hehe
    Yea right, Like the Andromeda galaxy needs Juggalos.

https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...38513074823168

Seems we'll be getting a second *different* trailer with Sara.
    Those comments though, I wanted to bash my head against the desk while reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Not to start anything, but...I should get this on the pc for sure right? Has there been any reports about how well it runs on pc yet?

Also, I never really played any of the other MEs but there's mods for them right? Safe to assume there'll be mods for this one too?
    Mass Effect has never been big for modding, and Frostbite isn't mod friendly engine. Modding scene for this game will be sparce.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Not to start anything, but...I should get this on the pc for sure right? Has there been any reports about how well it runs on pc yet?

Also, I never really played any of the other MEs but there's mods for them right? Safe to assume there'll be mods for this one too?
    If not mods - look at it this way - it's a shooter and the best aiming tools are on PC side. Even if you prefer gamepad - you can use xbox one (either) on PC too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Who decided on that song for the launch trailer? Like really....such a letdown after the awesomeness of the ME2 and ME3 launch trailers. Can't wait for the game though. If I feel involved even a fraction of what I felt when I played the original trilogy, I'll consider this a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh, my bad, sorry, thanks for pointing it out.

It shows how this thread could be much worse, instead of bitching about the game, or bitching about the bitching, or bitching about the bitching of those that bitch, we could just be here accusing Bioware of being sexist… damn you bioware! How dare you calling the female character “alternative”! HUM?!?
    Yeah that's pretty ridiculous to complain about. I wonder if they'll show Sara with a potential love interest like they had Scott and Peebee together.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-12 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Retards like that are the Reason BioWare always has fucking Gaylords, Asians and Blacks in their Games. Because they care what fucking Ass-Hats on Twitter say. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK IF ANYBODY IS OFFENDED! This "Girl" is one of these who hasn't seen a real Cock ever and is as ugly as their Female PreMade Character...
    If I made the Game there would be no Female Option - it just makes no sense. If you fighting for Mankind to survive you need a Strong Human and Females are weak as fuck. If it came down to 1:1 a Alien, I'd want a fucking Male to be there.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-12 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BITBYBIT View Post
    Retards like that are the Reason BioWare always has fucking Gaylords, Asians and Blacks in their Games. Because they care what fucking Ass-Hats on Twitter say. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK IF ANYBODY IS OFFENDED! This "Girl" is one of these who hasn't seen a real Cock ever and is as ugly as their Female PreMade Character...
    If I made the Game there would be no Female Option - it just makes no sense. If you fighting for Mankind to survive you need a Strong Human and Females are weak as fuck. If it came down to 1:1 a Alien, I'd want a fucking Male to be there.
    Too obvious bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...38513074823168

Seems we'll be getting a second *different* trailer with Sara.
    Those comments though, I wanted to bash my head against the desk while reading them.
    Indeed. I saw that yesterday when Aaryn Flynn said something like "Saving the best for last! Alternate launch trailer with Sara Ryder!" And that triggered the feminist so well...

"Uhhhh that's nice and all, but why is the female the alternate!!?!??!?"

"MEN ARE DEFAULT?!?!?!???!???!"

"If you actually cared about women you would have made Sara first!"

Like Jesus fucking Christ how do these idiots even function in society?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the people on the other side of the fence are funny too. Why are you triggered by the trolls who pose as feminists on twitter?

The twit clearly stated that Sara's trailer is the best. So there's no point for feminists to trigger. Therefore trolls.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Well the people on the other side of the fence are funny too. Why are you triggered by the trolls who pose as feminists on twitter?

The twit clearly stated that Sara's trailer is the best. So there's no point for feminists to trigger. Therefore trolls.
    Sure if they were throwaway accounts... Most of them are legit accounts with thousands of tweets and tens of thousands of followers... Some of them are even verified, meaning professionals on their legit accounts, saying shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Sure if they were throwaway accounts... Most of them are legit accounts with thousands of daily tweets and tens of thousands of followers... Some of them are even verified, meaning professionals on their legit accounts, saying shit like that.
    That doesn't matter. Anyone can troll. Not every troll is an anonymous account.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Never understood people who thought this way. I regularly play games on both my Xbox One and my gaming PC. The Xbox One has a ton of titles that play at a locked 30 FPS. My gaming PC has a 144Hz monitor and a GTX 980ti which allows me to play a lot of games at 100+ FPS. I can easily go back and forth between the two without much difficulty. I even play some of the same games on both at obviously different frame rates. Do I notice the differences? Sure. Does this make anything about it game breaking or make it to the point that I feel it's terrible to experience? Hell no.

I understand, different strokes for different folks. But this whole mentality and philosophy that people seem to preach about 60+fps or GTFO is extremely narrow minded and quite frankly, baffling. Sure, it'd be great if consoles could do a steady 60fps on all games, but that's not what we have. And the games are still perfectly playable in 99% of the cases.
    aside from the fact that I honestly don't notice the difference (maybe if I see the same game running side by side at a different frame rate - I will? but just playing, I do not) - pretty much. right now I shift my attention mostly between TESO and Horizon zero dawn. Horizon runs at 30fps (I have regular ps4, not pro), TESO on my pc runs at around 60fps plus. heck, recently, since my SO has been using TV more - I shifted my ps4 over to my monitor, so there isn't even the whole TV vs pc monitor thing - its all the same screen. what I DO notice is differences in resolution. and even that after 5 minutes of playing? I fully adjust to.

the thing I will probably never go back to unless forced - shitty cheap tea and instant coffee. I can taste the difference. I cannot adjust to the difference. but framerates? that's like such a minor thing for me. then again, I started playing back when graphics were MUCH more rudimentary, and can still enjoy old faves, so.. there's that?

on topic - the trailer looked... ok? I actualy kinda liked the song

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping Bioware didn't ditch their forum feedback for twitter with the pretense that somehow the brain dead comments from the crazies would get better.