Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like it.
    Call me crazy, but it's one of the things that makes the game. You just cannot skip the elite mobs, you have to fight or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    The thing is they actually rely on the philosophy of this very mechanic when they promote no-flying. The world is dangerous and wide, and it becomes even more dangerous when you leave the road! *dark ambient music*

If they make world more dangerous that would be nice.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-03-12 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    No more afk from A to B then.
    We can already afk from A to B now, its called flight paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That's A to B of a flight path, with B to C running through mobs and fighting your way to quests/items, etc. and not just landing on a quest item, looting it, and flying off again with zero care for what's around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's A to B of a flight path, with B to C running through mobs and fighting your way to quests/items, etc. and not just landing on a quest item, looting it, and flying off again with zero care for what's around you.
    I cant mount while in combat, so yes, I do care about whats around me.

I cant mount while in combat, so yes, I do care about whats around me.
    That's great, then you won't aggro stuff when you go A-B on a flying mount. \o/

You can always buy / make stonehide barding from leatherworking if it's that much of a problem.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=131746/s...eather-barding

Persists through death too.. Although it only works in broken isles.

Oh yes, those flight paths that just randomly sprang up in the wilderness and take you from quest givers to quest objectives.

What's the fucking point of questing if all you want is to reduce it to as fast a fetch quest as possible? Where's the sense of adventure? Is TOC the pinnacle of the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Oh yes, those flight paths that just randomly sprang up in the wilderness and take you from quest givers to quest objectives.

What's the fucking point of questing if all you want is to reduce it to as fast a fetch quest as possible? Where's the sense of adventure? Is TOC the pinnacle of the game?
    Game lost its sense of adventure once we became heroes and commanders, flying has nothing to do with it.

when i played if i lasted more then 5 hits without being dazed i felt like a champion

Old mechanics die hard, just look at spell pushback

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing daze as a mechanic exists much for the same reasons as not being able to fly (until much later in the expansion, after you have seen it all many times). Flying removes all obstacles the world has, essentially making the world flat and one-dimensional. Daze is just one of these obstacles that makes the world more alive and interesting, making you either risk it and go through or making you move around hostiles. Can't always just follow a straight line to your objective.

I dislike getting dazed as well. It's annoying. But I think it might actually be good for the game when you think about it.

Just make it consistent and I would have less of an issue with it.

1. Make it affect characters in tank specializations.
    2. Make it pierce absorb effects.
    3. Disable daze in dungeons and raid zones for all characters.

It's inconvenient but there are a number of work-arounds for it, either the LW barding or making sure mobs never have access to your back via strafing. I get that it exists so that people have to pay attention to the world, even if I think there are probably better design solutions to accomplish this task while being less frustrating. I think it's the aforementioned inconsistency (you can run through a bunch of mobs sometimes, even without tank spec / an absorb, but other times you'll get dazed) that makes it really frustrating. If people knew they would always be dazed when attacked from behind, they'd more proactively avoid it.

I mean it's basically going away in 7.2 since everyone will be back to afking on flying mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because someone at Blizzard is incompetent at their job.

Mounts should have health that is based on your own health.
    Low enough that mobs can break it if you sit around near weak mobs for awhile, and elites could smash it to pieces in a couple hits.

Other games have it, and it works well in some of them. Sometimes they make mounts basically invincible which is then stupid and pointless, but if they find a decent balance then it would be way better than getting dazed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a huge problem when mobs have a near-100% chance to daze-dismount you, and a high chance to do it FROM IN FRONT OF YOU and from dozens of yards away (yesterday I had a range caster mob daze-dismount me from outside my shot range and they were in front of me).
    Bad enough mobs have a ginormous aggro range, and frequently refuse to drop combat and end up chasing you across the entire zone.
    I get the whole "world should feel dangerous" bit, but forcing me to fight 435873657 mobs when I only need to kill 20 in an area is beyond fucking stupid.

Dazing needs to go.
    Casting while moving needs to be a thing and apply to EVERYTHING. Would make balancing mobs and encounters a lot easier.
    Last edited by Darkynhalvos; 2017-03-14 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Daze is one of the most frustrating things in the game.

Being hit by 1 mob should not be able to Daze you, sure if someone has aggro or is getting hit by 3/4 at the same time then maybe you should get dazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Dazing needs to go.
    Casting while moving needs to be a thing and apply to EVERYTHING. Would make balancing mobs and encounters a lot easier.
    One of the silliest things I've read on this forum, which is impressive.

Lol casting whilst moving should absolutely never be a thing. The only thing balancing ranged and melee specs in PvE and PvP is the fact that melee have instant cast spells so their dps doesn't get raped when they have to do mechanics and go out of range of the boss and that ranged have to stop dps when they are targeted by movement mechanics.

if ranged could cast whilst moving melee specs would not be played in high level PvE or PvP.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-03-14 at 05:29 PM.

We see more daze in Legion because the mobs' levels increase as we level, so we get dazed more. I think they should've reduced it because of this.
    Now and then is fine, but it happens way too often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    if ranged could cast whilst moving melee specs would not be played in high level PvE or PvP.
    Most rangeds could cast in movement no Pandaria yet you still see some melees on the expac. Less than now, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Daze, a necessary mechanic, is in the game because most players are too stupid to realise why the game needs it.
    Or stupid players ignored such things as the craftables which completely neutralise it.
    Many other mechanics are reduced, but to outright REMOVE dazing speaks volumes to those who care enough to listen.
    The game does not NEED a mechanic which is so easily removed entirely, and completely by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.