So, the Switch may have been hacked. It has a highly vulnerable web browser (sound familiar?) that makes it easy to do. Nintendo just hid the browser and hoped nobody would notice. All I can say to that is

http://wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintend...vulnerability/
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    So, the Switch may have been hacked. It has a highly vulnerable web browser (sound familiar?) that makes it easy to do. Nintendo just hid the browser and hoped nobody would notice. All I can say to that is

http://wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintend...vulnerability/
    Yeah, in practise the device needs browser for certain HTML based first and third-party applications. By hiding it they hoped people wouldn't exploit it's weaknesses.

They must have not followed the hacking scene very well :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its a handheld. did you expect ps3 hardware from the 3ds? do you even know how big the fucking battery would need to be to have more than 30 minutes or so of ps4 pro level hardware?

this isnt a home console. its a handheld you can hook up to your tv
    It's not a hand-held, it's a home console that can be undocked and brought along. That's the way it's marketed and that's what it is.

I didn't expect them to squeeze ps4 hardware into the console, but they could've used an updated Tegra chip and made the dock something more than a ennobled TV-stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a handheld. Forget the Nintendo spin, its a tablet with an HDMI out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I was about to reply, but decided to scroll back a few pages. "Facts" and "opinions" about the subject have been thrown back and forth which led to an idiotic discussion about what the Switch actually is. I don't feel the need to resume it so let's just drop it here.

I'll get a Switch when and if they'll release a dock that's more than a heap of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I'll get a Switch when and if they'll release a dock that's more than a heap of plastic.
    Seems like you're passing this console then.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-03-12 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I was about to reply, but decided to scroll back a few pages. "Facts" and "opinions" about the subject have been thrown back and forth which led to an idiotic discussion about what the Switch actually is. I don't feel the need to resume it so let's just drop it here.

They last 200 pages are pretty much this.

So my friends dock for his Switch shit the bed today, won't display out to any TV so he has to send it in for warranty. His Switch works fine on my dock, seems we paid to beta test this console. Also from what I've seen they pulled the original dock from stores due to issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    So my friends dock for his Switch shit the bed today, won't display out to any TV so he has to send it in for warranty. His Switch works fine on my dock, seems we paid to beta test this console. Also from what I've seen they pulled the original dock from stores due to issues.
    That's unlucky but I wouldn't ascribe it to beta testing a product. Ocassionally things can just fail despite being virtually brand new, HDDs for example.
    It's annoying but sometimes shit just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    That's unlucky but I wouldn't ascribe it to beta testing a product. Ocassionally things can just fail despite being virtually brand new, HDDs for example.
    It's annoying but sometimes shit just happens.
    Oh I know, I work in IT and see it quite often but with the amount of issues the Switch is having along with how rushed this system feels it doesn't surprise me. There's times where we buy in new equipment from vendors and shit breaks within a month, they'll tell us not to worry it's not a big deal, well tell that to the client and the lost hours of labor. A lot of companies pull this shit just to get their numbers up rather than testing their product.

Well that it scratches a lot of people's displays is certainly not something you can sell as a feature. Apparently they put it back up though? Or have they takin it down again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I think the entire "it's a handheld" or "it's a home console" discussion is a bit strange. If anything, it is a hybrid, which makes it both a handheld, and a home console. Regardless of what side you pick, it is not going to represent the console in its entirety. It is its own thing and comparing it to other consoles will be tricky, but there is still some justification in doing so.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-03-12 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well that it scratches a lot of people's displays is certainly not something you can sell as a feature. Apparently they put it back up though? Or have they takin it down again?
    They never took it down, The url for the link changed and people though they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I think the entire "it's a handheld" or "it's a home console" discussion is a bit strange. If anything, it is a hybrid, which makes it both a handheld, and a home console. Regardless of what side you pick, it is not going to represent the console in its entirety. It is its own thing and comparing it to other consoles will be tricky, but there is still some justification of doing so.
    Yep it being a hybrid it will get compared to both..

IMO (and others) as a handheld its fucken amazing, as a home console its lack luster. Nintendo keeps marketing it as a home console first and personally I think that hurts it quite a lot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is linking the actual juicy Switch articles, gosh!

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...t-in-your-butt

Oh baby!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They never took it down, The url for the link changed and people though they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep it being a hybrid it will get compared to both..

IMO (and others) as a handheld its fucken amazing, as a home console its lack luster. Nintendo keeps marketing it as a home console first and personally I think that hurts it quite a lot.
    You can't buy the dock anywhere right now, even on Nintendo's site it doesn't bring you to any big retailer that sells them. They don't want to outright say it but they took the docks down. I can't find any in my state right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    No one is linking the actual juicy Switch articles, gosh!

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...t-in-your-butt

Oh baby!
    https://video-images.vice.com/_uncat...g?resize=1050:

"I love the Power Arm. It's so bad." ^^
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-13 at 03:34 PM. Reason: enormous image

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, this just got weird.

You can't buy the dock anywhere right now, even on Nintendo's site it doesn't bring you to any big retailer that sells them. They don't want to outright say it but they took the docks down. I can't find any in my state right now.
    Oh, well I knew at first the url was changed. But didn't know they did that after.

It would make since, since the dam thing is damaging systems.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

What did I just read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh, well I knew at first the url was changed. But didn't know they did that after.

It would make since, since the dam thing is damaging systems.
    Yeah my friend is pissed, Nintendo support was quick and helpful so it's not to bad but it is annoying.

What did I just read.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah my friend is pissed, Nintendo support was quick and helpful so it's not to bad but it is annoying.
    Cool beans that ur friend got help.