Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

If there was a liberal media bubble, Sanders would have gotten more coverage and Clinton would have been given the cold shoulder.

There isn't a liberal bias in the media, there is an establishment bias in it and the establishment doesn't really lean to the left overall.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    She said she turned over all government related emails. She didn't. LIE. She tried cleaning the hard drives which shows guilt since she did this AFTER she was asked to produce them.
    your timeline is inaccurate, among other things. Even after all this time, it would of taken just one work email sent to well anyone that wasn't turned over to legitimize the witch hunt and yet....nothing.

decommissioning hardware specifically when it held sensitive information when its no longer in use is standard procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If there was a liberal media bubble, Sanders would have gotten more coverage and Clinton would have been given the cold shoulder.

There isn't a liberal bias in the media, there is an establishment bias in it and the establishment doesn't really lean to the left overall.
    True I wonder how long it will take them to recover from the damage they dealt themselves though.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    I'll agree with you to a point -- there was an anti-Trump bubble, because it even included Fox News. That said, liberal viewpoints in the majority of major media are those that are predominately presented, leaving those who have different views with few options. Tired of the slander on X issue? Read infowars! It's like the right-wing version of Jezebel or HuffPo, with decidedly less hate speech.
    we have a real comedian here, alex jones is another conspiracy peddler, thats why he loves trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If there was truly a liberal media bubble and Clinton was protected, they wouldn't have printed anything regarding wikileaks, and yet they did, they actually did more coverage that breibart on a lot of those e-mails. The media goes for who is better, Trump threatened and discredited the media every chance he had, and you are surprised they went for Clinton all the time?
    Except that they were overwhelmingly pro Hillary before Trump was even a shoe in for the rep nomination. cnn was calling for her to run and running pro Hillary for potus op eds before she even declared and then they treated Bernie's candidacy like it was a joke from the get go. I clicked cnn's website almost daily through the election cycle to see what they were throwing out as the latest election spin and it was almost non stop pro Hillary op eds until later on when it became non stop 'Trump is a misogynist/racist' op eds. They only covered the email leaks for about a week or two prob because they pretty much had to. To not cover them at all would just be like you can't even pretend to be a news network any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    All this election shows is that people don't understand what a poll actually is. Your post is evidence of that.
    So a poll is just made up numbers to justify the outcome you want it to have?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

People talk about the anti trump coverage like it was a partisan thing. He is objectively a horrible human being, with a shocking and bigoted personal and business history, and was/is espousing offensive ideology while lying nearly every day. The liberal bubble = honest coverage of a sht tier human being.

The wall of "Trump is going to lose terribly" coverage was based on polls. The polls were off because people lied. I'm not sure how this discredits the media in any way or shows that there was any kind of echo chamber.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2017-03-12 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Electoral college systems are fairly common

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_college
    I don't know enough about the way the systems in those countries operate. The one in the US is a fucking travesty that serves no-one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    People talk about the anti trump coverage like it was a partisan thing. He is objectively a horrible human being, with a shocking and bigoted personal and business history, and was/is espousing offensive ideology while lying nearly every day. The liberal bubble = honest coverage of a sht tier human being.

The wall of "Trump is going to lose terribly" coverage was based on polls. The polls were off because people lied. I'm not sure how this discredits the media in any way or shows that there was any kind of echo chamber.
    Please...Clinton could have murdered someone and only Fox news would have talked about it.

I'm still baffled by the amount of people who do not understand how Trump won. Maybe you don't belong to the middle class where our buying power is decreasing. Salaries remain stagnant while the cost of everything rises. Trump was different from the past Clinton, Bush, and Obamas of the world. He tapped in to a hidden anger. You call them "uneducated" or "dumb" but their numbers are large and they are the backbone of America. Without farmers, electricians, construction workers, plumbers, etc...You wouldn't have a pot to piss in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Uh, no, that is not how they figure out unemployment. The figure is based on people who are currently receiving unemployment benefits. That's it. The reason some say those who stopped looking are not in the figure, is that the benefits run out after 6 months, unless there is a crisis and federal money is added to extend the benefits for longer.
    They also conduct a phone survey as part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    They also conduct a phone survey as part of it.
    Yeah, I already admitted I was wrong. Who knew that common knowledge could be so wrong? =p

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    um... what exactly is wrong with having a consensus on a issue untill there is compelling evidence for a contrary position? you make it sound like a bad thing but to me thats how normal people act?
    It can be bad because you are likely to miss the contrary position; no-one tries to look for contrary evidence - convinced that everyone else has done it (and similarly dismiss some minor contrary evidence) and thus the consensus position is self-enforcing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    Please...Clinton could have murdered someone and only Fox news would have talked about it.

I'm still baffled by the amount of people who do not understand how Trump won. Maybe you don't belong to the middle class where our buying power is decreasing. Salaries remain stagnant while the cost of everything rises. Trump was different from the past Clinton, Bush, and Obamas of the world. He tapped in to a hidden anger. You call them "uneducated" or "dumb" but their numbers are large and they are the backbone of America. Without farmers, electricians, construction workers, plumbers, etc...You wouldn't have a pot to piss in.
    It's not that his message was so great, it's that he had one. Much of what he promised, he can't deliver. But that is true of any campaign. They do need the help of others in government, after all. What was striking to me, was how devoid Hillary's campaign was of specific policy initiatives. I get how she could think there was no way she could lose to him, but I don't think saying that in your ads is enough. You still have to play the game, even if your opponent sucks.

Yeah, I already admitted I was wrong. Who knew that common knowledge could be so wrong? =p
    Well, it would make sense to take it from the benefits numbers. Or better, scare everyone by comparing the number of employed households paying taxes (on the books) to the number of adult households in the country. People might have a heart attack if they saw that number.......

I believe they still use the phone survey because it is easy to manipulate those numbers and politicians love malleable facts. Hard data would be more difficult to manipulate or spin.

Well, it would make sense to take it from the benefits numbers. Or better, scare everyone by comparing the number of employed households paying taxes (on the books) to the number of adult households in the country. People might have a heart attack if they saw that number.......

I believe they still use the phone survey because it is easy to manipulate those numbers and politicians love malleable facts. Hard data would be more difficult to manipulate or spin.
    Are you an economist? The fact that you focused right in on the misleading use of household stats is spot fucking on. Many of the bullshit stats thrown around are based on manipulation of household stats instead of individuals.

It's not that his message was so great, it's that he had one. Much of what he promised, he can't deliver. But that is true of any campaign. They do need the help of others in government, after all. What was striking to me, was how devoid Hillary's campaign was of specific policy initiatives. I get how she could think there was no way she could lose to him, but I don't think saying that in your ads is enough. You still have to play the game, even if your opponent sucks.
    I agree. She tried to "dial it in." Also, her whole message was (basically): Trump says bad, inappropriate things and is not Presidential. That didn't cut it. i can't recall one single specific policy initiative she mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you an economist? The fact that you focused right in on the misleading use of household stats is spot fucking on.
    No, I just don't trust the government (either party)- so I am very acutely aware of the methods they use to lie to us.

I agree. She tried to "dial it in." Also, her whole message was (basically): Trump says bad, inappropriate things and is not Presidential. That didn't cut it. i can't recall one single specific policy initiative she mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I just don't trust the government (either party)- so I am very acutely aware of the methods they use to lie to us.
    Also, her making that point is a waste of money. The fact that he behaved in a non-presidential manner is plainly obvious to anyone. It's like spending money to prove gravity is a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    So a poll is just made up numbers to justify the outcome you want it to have?
    How does that even follow from what was said?

No, polls are worth something when used correctly. A polls in elections are predictions, nothing more. Polls help gives odds. They will be wrong from time to time. If you understand what polls are for, then you know they are worth a damn.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    How does that even follow from what was said?

No, polls are worth something when used correctly. A polls in elections are predictions, nothing more. Polls help gives odds. They will be wrong from time to time. If you understand what polls are for, then you know they are worth a damn.
    Polls in US general elections are hard to get right, since they are so dependent on turn out. More people wanted Hillary to be president, even electorally. But, they didn't show up as well as the people that wanted Trump to win. Mitt Romney got more votes than Trump, and he was soundly defeated by Obama. Clearly, turn out was the issue, and you can't really poll for that; your model for turn out is just wrong or it's right.