Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Grimoire of the Last Necrolyte - FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!

13 items, that come from quests that are completely random, and then as you group to complete one that appears!!! your groups invariably are converted to raids in the last 3 seconds so that you are FUCKED for that quest, and get no quest item. Seriously... FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!!!!

Sorry you feel like you've been cheated but this is not Blizzard's fault. If you were making a group should have stopped after five were grouped. If you joined a group, should have told the leader to stop at five.

Everyone knows quests can't be completed if you are in a raid unless it's a raid quest.

Now, if you truly wish to bring this to Blizzard's attention, post on their website and title it better so not to get deleted, locked, banned.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post
    13 items, that come from quests that are completely random, and then as you group to complete one that appears!!! your groups invariably are converted to raids in the last 3 seconds so that you are FUCKED for that quest, and get no quest item. Seriously... FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!!!!
    Why would a Warlock ever lower him/herself to group with the lesser classes particularly when we have our own tank and can solo all of the mobs needed for that quest? Just sayin.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Just got mine a few minutes ago. Worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    wait you mean you join groups for elite quests?
    wow i dident know any warlocks did that anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Why would a Warlock ever lower him/herself to group with the lesser classes particularly when we have our own tank and can solo all of the mobs needed for that quest?
    Seriously. This thread is a self-diss.

Deleted
    13 items, that come from quests that are completely random, and then as you group to complete one that appears!!!
    • Skull of the Executed is not earned from quests, but from "powerful humanoid champions", as "The Grimoire of the First Necrolyte" quest description says. It's completelly clear, where does Skull of the Executed comes from and it's far away from random since the droprate is 100%.
    • Joining any raid, there is a fat, red warning that "While in a raid, you cannot earn credit towards most non-raid quests.", so complaining about inability to make a quest in raid isn't too rational.
    • Finally, if you can't solo a ~50M add as a powerful warlock, even with help of 4 other players, you don't deserve the hidden skin.
    • PS …and come on! Is it the autodiss threat? How bad you have to be not to be able to kill a single enemy? Many warlocks are soloing some legion raid bosses already…

Quote Originally Posted by Kee View Post
    • far away from random since the droprate is 100%.
    The drop rate is definitely not 100%.

Leader's fault, not Blizzard's

10+ Year Old Account
    So its Blizzard's fault that you joined a group which became raid? How, exactly?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Next that didn't red with understanding?

• Humanoid
    • Rare
    • Elite
    • Danger
    • Killed not in raid

Here some warlock explained this exactly, here is a full topic about droprates, and here you can see examples that met criteria.
    Last edited by mmoc062059e061; 2017-03-11 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    It is, so long as you're meeting the criteria. Has to be Humanoid, or Humanoid Demon, has to be from one of the Rare Elite world Quests, marked as 'Danger: Suchandsuch Mob', and has to not be in a raid, obviously. It's rewarded as a quest completion item, not as a drop, so you can only get one skull per mob per instance of that World Quest.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitantBadger View Post
    Yeah i have no sympathy. The only WQ I cant solo are weekly world boss ones.
    There is one Warden quest, on the Warden Isle, the Queen spider, which I couldn't kill alone, no matter how hard I tried.
    Otherwise, I agree.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Deleted
    Incorrect. It is a random drop. The skulls only drop from Elite world-quest humanoids, and it is a random drop. I spent almost three weeks without a single skull dropping, and then got three in one week...from exactly the same NPC's. Even if you meet all of the critera for the drop, you are not guaranteed one. Not unless they hotfixed it - I did the quest chain months ago!

The affliction artifact quest is horrible, and a great deal of that is due to the randomness of it, including getting the first quest item off Eredar world mobs to farming those fucking skulls.

Compare the incredibly long and frustrating grind with the fire mage.

Random drop from Suramar mobs. That's it. Nada. One drop. The entire thing is less trouble than just the first step in our chain. And you can farm it with the low health mobs in Moon Guard, whereas the Eredar that drop ours are significantly tougher, or were before everyone outgeared them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    It is, so long as you're meeting the criteria. Has to be Humanoid, or Humanoid Demon, has to be from one of the Rare Elite world Quests, marked as 'Danger: Suchandsuch Mob', and has to not be in a raid, obviously. It's rewarded as a quest completion item, not as a drop, so you can only get one skull per mob per instance of that World Quest.
    It wasn't when I did the quest chain. It was a random drop off the mobs you describe. It was horrible because you had towait for a world quest elite humanoid and then it was a random chance to drop a skull, or not. I spent weeks farming the damn things and it was definitely a drop, not a quest completion; it was simply par tof the loot table.

As to warlocks being able to solo everything, that will probably change in 7.2, when they essentially buff the world to stop the overgearing ease we have now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Incorrect. It is a random drop. (…) It wasn't when I did the quest chain.
    If that's true, it was a random drop, and you are incorrect.
    Right now, it is a 100% drop if you meet all criterias. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Incorrect. It is a random drop. The skulls only drop from Elite world-quest humanoids, and it is a random drop. I spent almost three weeks without a single skull dropping, and then got three in one week...from exactly the same NPC's. Even if you meet all of the critera for the drop, you are not guaranteed one. Not unless they hotfixed it - I did the quest chain months ago!

The affliction artifact quest is horrible, and a great deal of that is due to the randomness of it, including getting the first quest item off Eredar world mobs to farming those fucking skulls.

Compare the incredibly long and frustrating grind with the fire mage.

Random drop from Suramar mobs. That's it. Nada. One drop. The entire thing is less trouble than just the first step in our chain. And you can farm it with the low health mobs in Moon Guard, whereas the Eredar that drop ours are significantly tougher, or were before everyone outgeared them

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't when I did the quest chain. It was a random drop off the mobs you describe. It was horrible because you had towait for a world quest elite humanoid and then it was a random chance to drop a skull, or not. I spent weeks farming the damn things and it was definitely a drop, not a quest completion; it was simply par tof the loot table.

As to warlocks being able to solo everything, that will probably change in 7.2, when they essentially buff the world to stop the overgearing ease we have now.

i got a skull from every humanoid looking DANGER quest NPC that i killed, be it a humanoid, a human looking demon or undead, and am sitting on 12/13, so i am either blessed by the rng gods (which i am not considering the shit legos i got till now) or its a 100% drop rate when killing a humanoid looking Elite DANGER NPC

10+ Year Old Account
    It took a while due to the wrong WQ being up and stuff, but every one of those are soloable with like 860 gear

Deleted
    If that's true, it was a random drop, and you are incorrect.
    Right now, it is a 100% drop if you meet all criterias. That's it.
    They hotfixed it then. When I did it, it was random, and the affliction chain was even more awful!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am far from a Blizzard apologist, sycophant, fanboy etc, but in this case, mate, YOU SUCK! Warlocks can even solo Kosumoth and you can't even void tank the "powerful" Warden WQ mobs? You're pathetic. Go play some FotM class and stop whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    There is one Warden quest, on the Warden Isle, the Queen spider, which I couldn't kill alone, no matter how hard I tried.
    Otherwise, I agree.
    All Warden Isle mobs are overtuned. Add the Traitor Demon Hunter mobs in the Warden tower as well. The rest of the Broken Isle mobs are definitely soloable.

Deleted
    I'm confused:

When you kill the mob in a raid group, it doesn't count towards the WQ (because in raid). Can't you just kill it again afterwards when you're not in a raid and still get the grimoire?

Admittedly, I never did mine in groups. Even those that were initially difficult because the gear wasn't fully there yet, I just waited till a couple of people were there or someone else pulled. Never had to wait longer than a couple minutes. These Bosses are even not affected by faction differences. So I can't confirm if you can re-do the mob outside of a raid and still get the book, but logic would say you can