Poll: Your oppinion: Became WoW a boring grindfest in most aspects ?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Since it's so common sense, it shouldn't be such a big deal for you to provide even one piece of evidence that this is the case.

TF treadmill isn't required to raid. AP infinite grind isn't required to raid.

Grinding out 5k GS in Wrath took more than a month, since finding a group that would take you to any level of raid was impossible pre-5k GS, and 5k GS required Emblems of Frost, which since you could only get from raids and your daily dungeon, you could only get 2 a day. At 2 a day, you'd get 60 a month - Enough for a SINGLE piece of gear from the Emblem vendor.

So in actuality, it took MORE than a month of grinding.
    Yip, and I remember the "hardcores" whining about MoP's dailies as well, which was also a time gate which lasted a while... Same with the legendary cloak of MoP and the ring of WOD...

For being "hardcore", the hardcore players sure love to bitch and whine about having to play the game that they don't want to play but want to play...

I'm not grinding anything right now, yet I'm upgrading my artifact weapon and will get the full 54 traits worth of AP refunded by the time 7.2 comes. After that, I'll continue gaining AP by doing exactly the thing I want to do which iiiiiiiiis; playing the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The forums have always been whinefests with the PVP side being the worst, the forumgoers are still a tiny minority.

What an intellectual retort! But if I'm addicted... what are the people actually spending hundreds of hours doing content they don't enjoy for an edge to do more content they don't enjoy...?

Still waiting on that data you seem to be sitting on in regards to Legion's reception and player retention.
    You are out of touch with the community. You might want to remove yourself from threads about the dire concerns of the game until you educate yourself and stop sucking up the giant loads from your addiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Yip, and I remember the "hardcores" whining about MoP's dailies as well, which was also a time gate which lasted a while... Same with the legendary cloak of MoP and the ring of WOD...

For being "hardcore", the hardcore players sure love to bitch and whine about having to play the game that they don't want to play but want to play...
    Hardcores didn't bitch it was softcores.

The hardcores had mogushan gear and the Rep Vendors were irrelevant a month in.

You also compelted your legendaries IN THE RAID. as opposed to grinding 5 mans for legednaries and aps upwards of 1000+ times.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You are out of touch with the community. You might want to remove yourself from threads about the dire concerns of the game until you educate yourself and stop sucking up the giant loads from your addiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardcores didn't bitch it was softcores.

The hardcores had mogushan gear and the Rep Vendors were irrelevant a month in.
    The only one "out of touch" with the community, is the one spouting false figures and goings-ons based in how he personally feels about the game for various reasons.

And hardcores did bitch about the reputation "grind". The rep vendors contained recipes for various profession items needed by raiders, so the hardcore crowd felt forced to reach the required standings for said items. You denying this doesn't change it.

Deleted
    Classic was over a decade ago. That grind was gone in 2007. and has just now come back. care to explain?
    The what now? The grind was ever gone from WoW, or any MMORPG?

Classic was over a decade ago. That grind was gone in 2007. and has just now come back. care to explain?
    Grind has ALWAYS been there

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    Grind has ALWAYS been there
    Tell me the grind. You won't because you can't

Detail the grind from other expansions. DO IT

Quote Originally Posted by Seepy View Post
    Pretty much everything you listed is optional. You don't have to all that grinding. I raid Mythic (7/10) and only do my 15 and Heroic and am still competitive. Anything else is if I am really bored.
    And theres your grind... mythics up to +15 and heroic daily... thats a grind.
    Its not optional, you have to do it and you have done it... that is why you are competitive. But those of us who dont want to do a random heroic or +15 mythic every week/day we are being left behind.
    Sure i did randoms and mythics at the start of the expansion but now? they are old content, most of us find no fun in there... since that content is so quickly consumed it also ended being fun quicker.

The reward for doing a WQ or daily heroic now is like an eventual 0.5 damage increase up to 15% total.... nobody can call that an actual reward. Numbers are never rewards.

In expansions like Wotlk we had justice points, even that had far better rewards and it sometimes wasnt even an upgrade at all!
    You see... just getting a new item or something that looks cool is a reward. And since it took multiple dungeon runs it can be classified as a grind.
    The reward was justice points and the end reward was an item of choice... now it could be a transmog item... but its not, its AP... its numbers.

Do we even have challenge modes anymore? sure as hell havent heard about challenge mode gear in this expansion... so thats also gone.

Hidden appearances and appearances in general for artifact are the rewards we have now that require certain types of grinds... but those appearances are just reskins of eachothers once youve gotten one of them. So its not like someone aims for those but rather just gets them eventually by playing to game... so thats not really a motivation to keep doing things like World Quests or daily Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The what now? The grind was ever gone from WoW, or any MMORPG?
    WoW wasn't grindy from TBC and is just turning into a cancer grindfest again now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Legion is the worst expansion for my guild, friends and roster. I had 20 people that were HYPED to raid the shit out of Legion, and I have just 5 left, and one of them will leave next week too after we kill Gul'dan. None of this happened in the past, this core was more or less together since Burning Crusade.
    So people moved on after 10 years of playing WoW. Considering that so many stuff changed in the RL the past 10 years, that's actually a great job Blizzard did there.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    No, you're turning what anaxie said on its head.

What he's saying is that in those expansion you could raid log and get BiS through raiding alone, minus some trivial chores like the attunements and legendary quests, which put every person that was actively playing on the same spot.

And I can 100% confirm what he is saying. All of those expansions are extremely different compared to Legion. There was no "OS AP farm" - you had to switch, you just switched, and the raid gave you gear for OS, and couldn't expect more than that from you. There was no other real farm than clearing raids. NONE. It was fun and relaxing. Personally, there was one more farm for me, before the very first tier of the expansion. And that was it.

Legion is the worst expansion for my guild, friends and roster. I had 20 people that were HYPED to raid the shit out of Legion, and I have just 5 left, and one of them will leave next week too after we kill Gul'dan. None of this happened in the past, this core was more or less together since Burning Crusade.
    WoD was the expansion most catered to the "pick up the game and raid"-crowd, and we all see how it went.
    I've had people come and go and raid teams rotating players that pick up the game and lose interest for as long as I can remember. Am in a guild right now which is still raiding and will continue to do so.

I'd be inclined to believe that your team losing interest has more to do with people having been playing for so long than there being something wrong with the game for a fact. When people lose their drive and motivation, it's a long time coming.

Deleted
    WoW wasn't grindy from TBC and is just turning into a cancer grindfest again now.
    That's dishonest bullshit and you know it very well. Every single endgame mechanic since Vanilla WoW until today is based on grinding, that's the very nature of a MMO.

Tell me the grind. You won't because you can't

Detail the grind from other expansions. DO IT
    wow you are just like some 5yr old lil boy whose candy just got stolen aint ya. Cute lil fella

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Holy shit, what a brainless post.
    Snore. Snooze.
    Snore, snoozefest.

This was a brainless read. I literally fell asleep.

You said everything is brainless, except for mythic and or maybe heroic. I don't know, I stopped reading after how brainless your post was. Did you even use your brain to think about the aspects that go in to any of the brainless grinds you listed?

I quit months ago so I am by no means enjoying current content and or a brainless fan-person.

I won't go in to any detail because you being brainless and all, I'd fear you wouldn't understand my brainless response.
    WQ's require some thinking.
    M+'s are more than an AoE brainless with slight movement skill cap.
    Quests are only good the first read through, after that you just move through them with skill and memorization.
    Heroic dungeons at this stage / gear of the expansion is, wait for it... brainless-- I'll give you that one.

Your post, OP was fuckin' brainless. Just cause you don't use your brain, does not mean others follow your brainless lead.

Did I say brainless enough times yet?
    Last edited by Sylv_; 2017-03-13 at 01:17 AM.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

I remember people whining quite a bit about "having" to grind for tokens and valor points, legendary quest items etc etc.
    Even WoD, where content outside of raids was at an all-time low, saw people then whine about how there was a "grind" attached to the ring...

The only one "out of touch" with the community, is the one spouting false figures and goings-ons based in how he personally feels about the game for various reasons.

And hardcores did bitch about the reputation "grind". The rep vendors contained recipes for various profession items needed by raiders, so the hardcore crowd felt forced to reach the required standings for said items. You denying this doesn't change it.
    Exalted with all took ONE MONTH in MoP THE month no raids were open. And we didn't have Mythic and TF infinite.

Infact Thunderforge didnt exist until thunder isle.

And Guess what? when Mogushan vaults opened. You could do mogushan vaults and nothing else because you didn't have to anymore. Raid gave you 90% of your VP maybe run ONE dungeon and thats it for the week.

Legion?

Run the dungeons 100s 1000s of times. why ? because fuck you thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post

Did I say brainless enough times yet?
    Should throw a few extras in there for good measure, considering all the times this game has been called "brainless!!" throughout the years by disgruntled people that don't want to play but still want to play but can't play for this or that reason, usually with the highly intelligent motivation that "___ content is brainless!!!1"...

I remember people whining quite a bit about "having" to grind for tokens and valor points, legendary quest items etc etc.
    Even WoD, where content outside of raids was at an all-time low, saw people then whine about how there was a "grind" attached to the ring...
    ok what was the grind?

YOu do the raids while current you got the items. Current content grind? nope

Rep vendor ? Okay one month and done forever.

Badges or VP. okay! Guess what newest badges and most of VP came from your raid for the week.

AP though and TF? You grind and grind andd grind. 7.2 will be fabulous. 6-8 months of grind with no end in sight for anyone.

Deleted
    Legion?

Run the dungeons 100s 1000s of times. why ? because fuck you thats why.
    Why are you even doing it if you hate it so much then?

And we've had guilds quitting saying the grind was getting to them since Vanilla as well. The fact that it is only happening you YOUR GUILD right now, doesn't mean it's specifically because of Legion.

Hell, if we're going down that road, Blackhand "The Guildbreaker" from just last expansion had this problem. And Ragnaros "Phase 1-3 Grind to Learn Phase 4" of Firelands. Your argument is falling apart.
    Grind to learn P4 ragnaros? LOL

Are you calling progression on learning raid encounters a grind. oh dear. what an absolute joke you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Why are you even doing it if you hate it so much then?
    because blizzard made it required and tuned the content as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Or don't, because apparently you don't like it and don't want to.

There's a 10% difference between 34 traits and 54 traits. If that's making or breaking your mythic guild, find a new guild. It's not THAT big of a difference.
    the fact you think 10% doesn't make a difference speaks volumes for your incompetence and attitude as a player. Thankfully I can be assured you will never be active in a group with any competent players.

Deleted
    because blizzard made it required and tuned the content as such.
    Or with the gear that drops, like the old times. But how does that really affects you?