Poll: Your oppinion: Became WoW a boring grindfest in most aspects ?

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    wow you are just like some 5yr old lil boy whose candy just got stolen aint ya. Cute lil fella
    So you can't name anything can you?

hard to fabricate shit and get away with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Grind to learn P4 ragnaros? LOL

Are you calling progression on learning raid encounters a grind. oh dear. what an absolute joke you are.
    Of course it's a grind. You "grind" the encounter until of find the perfect balance between raidteam and boss that permits you to down it. Repetition of a task is the nature of grind.

Exalted with all took ONE MONTH in MoP THE month no raids were open. And we didn't have Mythic and TF infinite.

Infact Thunderforge didnt exist until thunder isle.

And Guess what? when Mogushan vaults opened. You could do mogushan vaults and nothing else because you didn't have to anymore. Raid gave you 90% of your VP maybe run ONE dungeon and thats it for the week.

Legion?

Run the dungeons 100s 1000s of times. why ? because fuck you thats why.
    People still whined, raiders didn't want to have to do dailies and mingle with the crowds, they wanted to be able to reach 110, do dungeons and then redo this 5 more times before the raids opened up. When it became clear that there were items they'd need for "that edge" behind said reputations, the whinge threads began.

And if you run the dungeons hundreds or thousands of times, it's by your own choice. Having said content remain relevant to the vast majority >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> making sure the "hardcore crowd" doesn't feel a need to do it beyond a certain limit.

If you want the edge, you jump the hurdles. If those hurdles are too big for you, then perhaps hardcore gaming in an MMORPG ain't for you? The thing I've always agreed with is that RNG on top of RNG needs to be scaled back. Having warforging is fine, but sockets shouldn't be random and a 5+ level warforge would suffice, not this system where an item can titanforge to immense lengths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Why are you even doing it if you hate it so much then?
    It seems that's how people here are. They hate the game so much that instead of simply moving on from a game they don't enjoy any more they spend their time whining about and arguing over it on a fansite forum. And they even believe they're the smart ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    As someone who had to go back with his guild, to normal Rag, and grind out phase 1-3 over and over and over and wipe on the final 5% JUST to practice so we'd be ready to bash it out and prepare to learn phase 4, yes. I'm calling that a grind. Since a grind is "repeating the same process over and over until you are ready for the next level".

Otherwise, AP isn't a grind, because you're only repeating it to get to the next level. Same with TF.
    If you practiced in Normal Ragnaros for Heroic Ragnaros that is absolutely hilarious. I never heard of that. That is truely and absolutely sad beyond words for your guild and firefighters '/ tanks / dps incompetence.

Triforce and Boulder kiting is too hard I suppose.

hard to fabricate shit and get away with it.
    Lmao, you'd know.

Might want to open your eyes then.

Hundreds of thousands of people detest TF
    "*Hundreds of people detest TF" ftfy, and half of them are on the forums qqing like little babies that dont understand the actual impact and numbers behind it.

Grind to learn P4 ragnaros? LOL

Are you calling progression on learning raid encounters a grind. oh dear. what an absolute joke you are.

[
    ... Are you really a hardcore player? Because I've heard the word "grind" used plenty of times to describe REPETITION of raid encounters in order to stick the tactics and get everything right... Method did the same procedure (repetition, grind) 400 times on ONE boss before they got it down...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People still whined, raiders didn't want to have to do dailies and mingle with the crowds, they wanted to be able to reach 110, do dungeons and then redo this 5 more times before the raids opened up. When it became clear that there were items they'd need for "that edge" behind said reputations, the whinge threads began.

And if you run the dungeons hundreds or thousands of times, it's by your own choice. Having said content remain relevant to the vast majority >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> making sure the "hardcore crowd" doesn't feel a need to do it beyond a certain limit.

If you want the edge, you jump the hurdles. If those hurdles are too big for you, then perhaps hardcore gaming in an MMORPG ain't for you? The thing I've always agreed with is that RNG on top of RNG needs to be scaled back. Having warforging is fine, but sockets shouldn't be random and a 5+ level warforge would suffice, not this system where an item can titanforge to immense lengths.
    So you agree with everything I said about RNG ontop of RNG layers being toxic along with customization removal.

You're welcome for seeing the light.

- - - Updated - - -

... Are you really a hardcore player? Because I've heard the word "grind" used plenty of times to describe REPETITION of raid encounters in order to stick the tactics and get everything right... Method did the same procedure (repetition, grind) 400 times on ONE boss before they got it down...
    Raid Progression is just that Progression. I shouldn't need to grind AP in 5 mans and other trival shit to gain legendaries to improve myself in raids.

RAIDS and it's gear used to be the only concern? Now it's 80% grinding for that 20% of playtime progressing. SAD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not only was it commonplace, our guild took it from the top guild on our server. So feel free to keep slinging insults, it only speaks to your lack of knowledge of the situation, and even more to your lack of experience in any kind of high end raiding.
    Top guild on server doesn't say much. as one of the first 20 in US to Kill Ragnaros if you needed to do Normal it was sad. But then some guilds just aren't at the same level.

you can easily armory me and my kill dates you pathetic scrub.

Heroic Lich King 25 5/27/10
    Heroic Ragnaros 25 9/22/11
    Heroic Lei Shen 25 5/21/13
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ment#168:15107

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-13 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    Raid Progression is just that Progression. I shouldn't need to grind AP in 5 mans and other trival shit to gain legendaries to improve myself in raids.

RAIDS and it's gear used to be the only concern? Now it's 80% grinding for that 20% of playtime progressing. SAD
    After this post, I'm honestly doubting that you are a hardcore raider. Or if your guild is actually a nice guild.

So you agree with everything I said about RNG ontop of RNG layers being toxic along with customization removal.

You're welcome for seeing the light.
    There's no "seeing the light", I've had that stance since before the expansion was released and raised the issue many times from my days of having access to early Alpha, but this plays once more into the fact that you have this overinflated sense of self-importance...

I don't agree that there's been some sort of "customization removal" from gear seeing as how there's always been BIS and a predetermined way to gear for optimal output, nor that it's being toxic. I think the system is bad and could be improved, but it doesn't poison my experience in the slightest since I am quite capable of accepting that I can only give feedback and hope for change. I've never been a tantrum-baby, not even when I was a baby...

- - - Updated - - -

After this post, I'm honestly doubting that you are a hardcore raider. Or if your guild is actually a nice guild.
    I don't think he/she is a hardcore player. I would love to be proven wrong though, but he/she has been throwing false figures around this entire thread without providing any sources...

Why are you even doing it if you hate it so much then?
    Ask the developers why they tuned the content around it.

So maybe now you find it all a brainless grind because you're geared as fuck now and have done the content way too many times. Put the game down and wait till the next raid then? For someone who just came back to wow after the first two months legion was released, I'm loving the content and the challenge.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    apparently not playing in any meaningful capacity.
    Lucky for me then that I don't have to prove myself to the likes of you..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-03-13 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ENDURANCEx View Post
    So maybe now you find it all a brainless grind because you're geared as fuck now and have done the content way too many times. Put the game down and wait till the next raid then? For someone who just came back to wow after the first two months legion was released, I'm loving the content and the challenge.
    The brainless grind is forced upon progression raiders by intentional tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Lucky for me then that I don't have to prove myself to the likes of you.. I know what capacity I played, and I don't give a flying rats ass what you think..
    Its not about proving it to anyone. It's just speaks to your woeful inexperience on having an opinion has any weight on the matter.

Should throw a few extras in there for good measure, considering all the times this game has been called "brainless!!" throughout the years by disgruntled people that don't want to play but still want to play but can't play for this or that reason, usually with the highly intelligent motivation that "___ content is brainless!!!1"...
    The more brainless that is bolded and i'd the better.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    I don't think he/she is a hardcore player. I would love to be proven wrong though, but he/she has been throwing false figures around this entire thread without providing any sources...
    It's just ironical, for someone that complains about "brainless grinding" and act completely brainless regarding the nature of the beast, including raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about proving it to anyone. It's just speaks to your woeful inexperience on having an opinion has any weight on the matter.
    1) My alt which I used to buy a gold-boost for the Garrosh Hellscream mount (for a chance at the Tusks of Mannoroth as well), got the kill 5 days after your main. The properly hardcore teams had been selling boosts by then for months... If you didn't know, they don't start selling boosts until they can faceroll despite carrying 2 or so players that are dead weight.

2) My VERY casual self got the Deathwing HC kill before you did, you don't have anything from WoD nor Legion so...

3) You're not even 110... Why not link us a 110 character which you're currently playing on that showcases just how much you've "had to grind" this expansion, seeing as how you've been pretending to speak from experience...?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-13 at 01:48 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You started out so well then you had to become a complete douche..

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-13 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Yeah, they moved on, to Overwatch, where they can play at the highest level without being screwed by dumb grinds, and they're limited by their skill alone.

Just make the same move as in PvP already and template Mythic raids and make all gear the same. Much better than grinding AP, and gear is meaningless these days. The worst casuals have Best in Slot from the start of the expansion, gear they don't even know to use, and a lot of Mythic raiders still don't. What kind of dumb idiotic system is that, rewarding luck, not dedication&skill?

So even if in the past I would have been against templates and stuff, I am no longer thinking that, with the RNG changes and how people can luck out 925s from WQs and get BiS in LFR, as rare as it might be. I can't say any of the words that I think about Blizz devs for making these changes, cause it would be 100000% against this forum rules.
    I have yet to see a single "worst casual" decked out in better gear than Mythic raiders.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-13 at 02:05 AM.