10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    If LIDL means liquor store, I regret to inform you liquor stores around the world sell actual Japanese sake, straight from Japan.
    The only thing they sell here are other type of drinks. Mostly beers with different tastes.

Only sake you can get here (if lucky) is chinese one in one of the more expensive resturants.

Also i am drunk from it right now. 5 small glasses of it is to much it seems. (its effect hits after)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Do they only sell piss stuff like here in major grocery stores, or are they allowed to sell proper liquor? I couldn't imagine seeing a place that sells stuff like whiskey and vodka not carrying sake brands. The average shitty liquor store around here has at least 10-15 varieties of sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Neat. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, since I doubt the same studio will be working on it (looks like the original director passed away, too).

Also sake is disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there's actually three episodes left.
    Yep 3 episodes left.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Do they only sell piss stuff like here in major grocery stores, or are they allowed to sell proper liquor? I couldn't imagine seeing a place that sells stuff like whiskey and vodka not carrying sake brands. The average shitty liquor store around here has at least 10-15 varieties of sake.
    I have no idea what kind of alchohol they sell because they aren't allowed to sell anything with >4.7% alcohol here.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-03-12 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on the country I guess? In Poland you can either sell all alcohol - and almost every single grocery-ish store has the concession - or not even beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I have no idea what kind of alchohol they sell because they aren't allowed to sell anything with >4.7% alcohol here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Depends on the country I guess? In Poland you can either sell all alcohol - and almost every single grocery-ish store has the concession - or not even beer.
    America varies state by state, but it's normally a government tactic to force people to buy from small businesses, so grocery stores don't destroy the competition. Really the only reason, but I can easily go across state borders and all of a sudden have shelves of vodka in major grocery stores where it's outlawed in my state. Grocery stores can only sell beer that's less than 3.5%.

>IPA
    I can piss in my own mouth with minimal effort without spending money on it

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    >IPA
    IPAs are actually pretty good kthnx bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    >IPA
    Stop bragging.

Well, Crunchyroll isn't working anymore; can't watch the new episode of IBO. Also looks like they may have downgraded their video quality. I'm not even sure what's happening right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering if it was just me, damn CR - I just got back! I'll try Kuzu no Honkai and hope it's fixed by then

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Was wondering if it was just me, damn CR - I just got back! I'll try Kuzu no Honkai and hope it's fixed by then
    This week's episode was pretty good too, m8. Soundtrack is just total utter bliss.

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely is. On its own, the OST is fine (except OP/ED, they are absolutely phenomenal); however, once you've watched a few episodes, you can picture the exact scene that goes with each piece. The amount of times I say "you piece of shit" with this show is just hilarious. 10/10 - would bang every char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    IPAs are shit.

Though I'm not much of a beer person anyways, but even then IPAs are near the bottom.

IPAs are shit.

Though I'm not much of a beer person anyways, but even then IPAs are near the bottom.
    It must suck to be that shit consistently in multiple facets of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink so that means I don't have taste at all!
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Umineko 03

Spoiler: 
    Yeah, it was fairly obvious from the start that Eva was the culprit, and that she had just gone batshit after finding the gold. Nothing really tripped me up at any point. I didn't really like Eva's teenage form so seeing her get destroyed by Battler at the end was pretty entertaining.

I feel like the key to the last part that Battler couldn't solve lies with the 18 people on the island. Originally, I thought it was curious Beatrice wouldn't prove/disprove Battler's 18 or 18+x theory at the very beginning of the chapter. It was only after the flashback to 19 years ago that she used red text to state there is only 18 people. I assume there's a reason for this.

At this point, my theory is that Kinzo is not one of the 18 people on the island. I started to believe this after his body was burned again. Both times he has 'died', his body was burned. There has to be a reason for this, and I doubt it's a fake body since that theory was suggested by one of the characters. What I am guessing is that he died before the conference even started. After all, he was already supposed to die months ago, according to the life expectancy Nanjo had suggested. Therefore, his body is burnt to hide the fact that he had died a while ago. Since he was already dead, he doesn't count as one of the 18th people.

My assumption is the servants (and Nanjo?) must know this, but I can't really explain Natsuhi talking to him face-to-face in the first chapter, or anyone talking to him through the door. Maybe Genji pretended to be him? Maybe Kinzo prepared recordings of him saying "go away i don't want to eat" before he died? It sounds kind of silly when I put it like that.

Regardless, assuming what I said is true, there must be another person on the island. Considering Beatrice used red text to say that Beatrice in the flashback definitely was dead, I'm not quite sure who the extra person is. Maybe a twin/child of that Beatrice? Maybe it's her mother, who isn't dead? Maybe it's the true form of her 'teacher'? I really have no idea. I assume the 'Beatrice' who is battling Battler is the same person as the one in the flashback, but really, the entire game scenario is confusing. I don't really know how much is real and how much isn't, so I don't think it's possible to explain it all yet. I assume this whole 'witch' business is some sort of escapism, sorta like how it is with Maria, and it all exists to make up for the fact that Beatrice had a sad life.

Of course, knowing Umineko, all of my theories so far might be wrong, and I just sound silly right now. Who knows.

Another tiny theory I have is about the first 6 sacrifices. I feel like it has something to do with Russian Roulette, or some variant of it. I started to get this idea when Ronove/Beatrice were willing to say 'they didn't commit suicide' in red but wouldn't say 'they were killed by other people'. After all, dying while playing Russian Roulette would mean there is no outside culprit, but it also wouldn't be suicide. My bet is that the six sacrifices for all the games have been because of this. I'm not sure why but it probably has something to do with Kinzo; maybe Kinzo set it up to start the game, or as a way to win the inheritance? Rudolf did tell Battler in the first chapter that he might die that night. The elaborate setups of the bodies afterwards are either by the secret 18th person, or the winner of the 'Russian Roulette', who is a 7th person.

...honestly the biggest reason I feel like it's this is because Russian Roulette seems to really mesh with Kinzo's idea of magic. High risk, high reward. Can't make something good happen without upping the stakes. It would fit perfectly with the narrative.

Which begs the question, who were the culprits in the first two games? I want to say it's similar to this one and that it's someone who solved the riddle, but I'm not sure that's the case. Rosa does seem kind of suspicious for the second game at least, though the murders don't really add up. I assume the 18th person must be involved - maybe they murder if nobody solves the riddle or something like that.

But yeah, this chapter was good. This moment had me smiling like a madman, Kyrie is fucking amazing. Actually while I usually find the magic scenes kind of annoying, seeing Rudolf and Kyrie fight off the sisters was really fun. They're definitely the best group of parents.

Ange also seems cute. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

Christ, I wrote an mini-essay. I can't really help it with this, Umineko is amazing. My only real taste of the mystery genre is Danganronpa and I loved trying to figure out the murder cases in that, and Umineko is basically similar except with the difficulty amped up to eleven. Trying to solve it is really fucking fun.

Honestly the concept of 'red text' which contains only truths makes the mystery even cooler. The best scenes are definitely the showdowns where Battler has to break down the scenario and interpret the red text he is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I think there's actually three episodes left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Yep 3 episodes left.
    Well, that's good to know then. Gives them a bit longer to resolve it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    I bet you water your scotch, too.

IPAs are shit.

Truth. IPAs are watered-down piss-water. I'd rather drink a Bud Light than take another sip of a garbage IPA. Ambers and Darks are where true patrician taste in beer lie.

Just saw the latest episode of IBO on Crunchyroll, episode 46.

I'm relieved Juiletta survived! I was legitimately scared for her when Mikazuki went into "destroy" mode and seemingly impaled her. It's going to take her years to recover, months at least, so fortunately she won't be at risk of dying (since she'll be away from the battlefield). I was truly sorry that Isurugi died; he was good man who fought for what he believed in, and only died because he wound up on the wrong side. I love how this series sets up that both sides are ultimately good people who come into conflict because of their differing ideals, which makes the whole thing truly sorrowful. Gaelio fending off and pushing away McGillis was absolutely awesome! Interesting to see how Almaria's wound had actually affected the fight, though considering McGillis is plugged into the Gundam via the Alaya system, he shouldn't theoretically need to use the hand controls (since his neural system is already linked).

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    IBO 46 Solid episode. Down to our last few to resolve it all, and obviously not looking good with the defection of the Mars branch.

What I am waiting on is the explanation for the phrase they used a few episodes ago: "And so it all led to that fateful day." I presume that didn't mean the battle they just finished up, but instead what is to come. I have to wonder if Mikazuki will end up being a curse as well as a blessing, since it seems that he is setting himself up to go all out to try and save it all. If in his zealousness he creates a massacre that causes Tekkadan to go down in ignominy rather than honor.
    This is what I fear most; ever since episode 22 of the last season, Tekkaden has been on a downward spiral. Mikazuki has committed Orga to a fantasy that is highly unlikely to come to fruition using their brute force methods. Orga has ignored the warnings of the adults. Biscuit was the only sane member of Tekkaden that Orga actually listened to, but now that he's gone and Orga is overwhelmed, irrational peer pressure of his group, there's no stopping the herd from going over the edge of the cliff. It doesn't help that Orga is too blinded by his cause to consider negotiating with Gjallhorn or abandoning the immediate battle and push for long term changes in society. As you said, it will almost certainly be a bloodbath, and Tekkaden may very well be remembered in infamy and their societal changes reverted. My only hope is that Orga stops before it's too late.