Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In theory it sounds good, in practice it would be a nightmare. LFR is as easy as it is because it has to be due to group finder, not because they want it that easy.

Anyone still too stubborn to use the premade group finder doesn't deserve higher difficulty content anyways.

There is no way in hell it could work on mythic.

normal. possibly after your kick about 90% of the lfr crowd

heroic, doubt it.

mythic. no way/

I have been to guldan heroic on an alt. healers doing 50k hps at 110?! dps at 150k dps, the dps we were doing 10 levels ago.

nope, the lfr crowd is a crowd that wants to play the way they want. use only one spell and no rotation, go afk for a drink. LFR: basically the boss need to die even if all players have absolutely no mastery of their class. Thats the truth. hide from it all you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people are shit.

LFR Archimonde was beyond the ability of most groups until Blizzard nerfed the shit out of the mechanics. Remember how you used to have to have people stack on the tank to be teleported into the Twisting Nether? And how no one did it? And how Blizzard changed LFR to just auto-port people down?

LFR is pure cancer because you can't have a group leader kick shit people.

The ONLY way for it to work is to have the ability for a person to start the group themselves and be able to kick people they deem to be underperforming. Sure, there will be group leaders who are dicks, but short of destroying every mechanic in the fight, it's the only reasonable way to do it.

I also guarantee that nine times out of ten, if you got removed from group, you were shit.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I think it would cause more issues than it would fix. I mean why don't people make their own groups now or join one of the many groups out their already? Because they don't want to be judged is likely a big one and two likely don't want to be kicked and being kicked usually means one of two things. You are either a major asshole/troll or total shit. Usually the last of the two from my experince. So all it would really mean is assholes/trolls and people that are shit would remain in groups. Whereas you have a premade group finder already in the game and can fix those two issues. Sure I know that system isn't perfect either but it does allow pug groups to happen and you would be suprised how many work out.

Just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Both normal and HC are already extremely easy
    This is coming from a mythic raider
    /thread

No they are not, set ilevel requirements to 880, 890, whatever and they will do just fine. You can easily outgear both those modes just by running WQs and LFR and getting sick titanforged upgrades.

"But omg skill > gear!"
    A mythic raider SHOULD think that norm/hc are easy. My alt has a 880 ilvl and has never been inside a raid other than LFR, ilvl is a meaningless metric.

People already wipe in LFR many many times and it's made in such a way that you can ignore half of the mechanics with 10 people AFK. If it's tuned that easy and people STILL fail, how do you expect those people to do things that are harder?

7+ Year Old Account
    What would be so bad about putting Stephen Hawking in the ring against an MMA champion... I don't see how that could go wrong at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    What would be so bad about putting Stephen Hawking in the ring against an MMA champion... I don't see how that could go wrong at all.
    Well OK, Stephen Hawking's standup is arguably shit and I'm not sure how good he is on the ground, but I imagine if he can take the fight to chair height, he could surely make something happen!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Well OK, Stephen Hawking's standup is arguably shit and I'm not sure how good he is on the ground, but I imagine if he can take the fight to chair height, he could surely make something happen!
    And THIS is why we need a "like post" feature around here. :-)

Deleted
    Both normal and HC are already extremely easy, even if you've never done them before you can put a group in LFG, set insane requirements and get carried. If the group wipes it's okay, you can always keep inviting more zerglings until they kill the bosses for you.

"But omg they're gonna wipe and it will be a horrible experience!"

No they are not, set ilevel requirements to 880, 890, whatever and they will do just fine. You can easily outgear both those modes just by running WQs and LFR and getting sick titanforged upgrades.

"But omg skill > gear!"

If you are not a mythic raider, this statement hasn't been true for many years now. What's the point of keeping overgeared casuals fermenting in LFR when they could be trying harder bosses and maybe even improving their skills?

"but this will destroy casual guilds!"

It already has, check any realm and you'll be hard-pressed to find a non-mythic raiding guild. Actually if anything, this will help mythic guilds as they'll have more relatively well-geared people to recruit.

Hell you could even enable LFR for mythic and people would still kill bosses. Sure, mythic Skorpyron would destroy them at first, but in a few weeks only the most dedicated would still be attempting him and they might even improve to the point they're able to get a kill.

"But omg no communication!"

Simple, Blizzard uses their funds to create an in-house voicecom and integrate it into the game.

This is coming from a mythic raider who wants to hit queue button and faceroll normal and heroic instead of applying to dozens of groups in LFG.
    The problem is, if they allowed that for higher difficulties, they would have to make those easier. Which would make it just like LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    The problem is, if they allowed that for higher difficulties, they would have to make those easier. Which would make it just like LFR.
    No they wouldn't.

They could even make a big ass sign that say's "Sink or fucken swim". There is many MMO's that let you que for there higher difficulty raids and they don't nerf them because of it.

Blizzard's issue is they treat a vast majority of there playerbase like they are idiots and then a small minority think's that the vast majority is.

There will be some "Bad" but raids will still get cleared.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Excellent suggestion. Subscription numbers would probably double over night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    /thread

A mythic raider SHOULD think that norm/hc are easy. My alt has a 880 ilvl and has never been inside a raid other than LFR, ilvl is a meaningless metric.

People already wipe in LFR many many times and it's made in such a way that you can ignore half of the mechanics with 10 people AFK. If it's tuned that easy and people STILL fail, how do you expect those people to do things that are harder?
    I think this sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Excellent suggestion. Subscription numbers would probably double over night.
    I would resub if I could que for NM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No they wouldn't.
    Yes, they would. Previous expacs where they've done the exact thing says you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Blizzard's issue is they treat a vast majority of there playerbase like they are idiots and then a small minority think's that the vast majority is.
    The vast majority of this player base is bad. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. WoW, more so than any other MMO, caters to poor players. If you don't believe me, look what lfr is/was when good players didn't have a reason to carry everyone.

Deleted
    The whole "this is easy" got out of hand. LFR raiders reading upon Nostalrius "leveling is hard" will facepalm, People who raid mythic and go LFR will facepalm. Normal mode raiders with average mythic+10(+) done will cry how easy normal and might even heroic is.

Blizzard thought giving people "free" path would reunit them after all people have taken (different) paths - they were wrong. Nowadays even mythic+ dungeons are a walkover thanks to outgearing them (setup of ilvl-req).

Ilvl is all, the items itself are just generated. And this is what pre Cataclysm expansions did better.

Bwahahahahahahaha

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

For everyone saying that people who do LFR are bad as an argument, please consider the fact that more often than not you have 5-10 HC - mythic geared people carrying the raid in LFR. With LFR for NM and HC this number would just go up as mythic / HC raiders are in a mad scramble to fill tier and trinket slots and farm for titanforged. It won't be 25 baddies wiping on a boss. It will be most likely 10-15 mythic / HC geared people, 5 normal geared people and 5 baddies. And you already have baddies in group finder and guilds with raid leaders carrying their inept friends and whatnot.

Because we have a pre-made group finder for that, stop being so lazy.

What would happen is people instantly checking and vote kicking out anyone without the most updated version of DBM.
    Which would force BLIZZARD to add DBM like feature into the game if this silly idea were to be implemented.

Not going to happen.

There should be a mechanism in the game that provides some sort of reward for taking lonely solo players under your wing and inviting them to several raids. Maybe just some kind of achievement, it doesn't have to be much.

Going on a relaxed normal raid run is just so much nicer than LFR -- and gives better loot.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"