Poll: Would you be in favor of the game having an auto remove feature for bad / toxic play?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    there is a solution if they way other people play in LFR bothers you, don't run LFR. It's not f-ing rocket science
    You're right, there is a solution; get a better connection or don't screw other people over. Its not fucking rocket science.

It's LFR, one can just drop group and requeue. Oh wait that would mean thinking of others.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Nope, system is fine just as it is. If you don't like the way people play in LFR then Normal/Heroic/Mythic is right over that way for you ->

It doesn't bother me one bit if I have to 'carry' a few people who can't/won't play the game in LFR, and let's not pretend it's ever more than at most 2 or 3 people ... not the hyperbolic "half the raid" people always spout on these forums. If a few people not doing what you think they should do and still getting rewarded bothers you that much I'd consider that a personality flaw on your part. Doing good for people regardless of whether they deserve it or not is a virtue more people could stand to possess.
    Man, it's actually them, who are lazy. Why? Simple thing. Do you realize, what demand they have? "We want harder raids and better players to play with, but we don't want to form group by ourselves - we want to use automated tool, that would also filter bads for ourselves". I actually had such attitude in the past too - I wanted WotLK 3.0 dungeons and raids back. Dungeons and raids, that weren't that hard, but weren't faceroll either - at least you needed to care about some game mechanics. But then I realized, that back in 3.0 there weren't any LFD and LFR. And I realized, that LFD and LFR - are for bottom line players, aren't intended to be challenging and enjoyable and should literally guarantee success. Unfortunately it's price of having completely automated LFG tool. There is no "matchmaking" system possible, that would automatically find good players for you to play with, cuz there is no reliable measure of skill in Wow. You should do it manually. But if you're too lazy to do it, then LFR - is what you deserve, sorry.

P.S. Rating system for LFD/LFR - is interesting idea though. I'm personally one of these players, who try to do their best even in LFD/LFR. It would be nice to have something, that would recognize this effort. May be players would play better in LFD/LFR and would even be able to do harder difficulties, if there would be incentive to do it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-13 at 07:08 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of blizzard adding a "toxic behavior" check that would check to see how active you are during the first boss encounter of an LFR wing?

So for example, if the fight lasts 6 minutes, and your total "activity" during the encounter was only 3 minutes (minus auto attacks), after the boss fight the game would auto-remove you from the LFR group?

Essentially it would be a way of removing players who don't contribute to the success of the encounters expecting to be carried. The player would see upon being removed:

"You have been removed from the group for Toxic behavior"

Would this curb the amount of toxic behavior that now plagues LFR?
    You don't seem to know what toxic means.

It has nothing to do with poor performance or slacking. Toxic means being extremely rude and hostile towards others.

"You have been removed from LFR by Toxic behavior"

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You don't seem to know what toxic means.

It has nothing to do with poor performance or slacking. Toxic means being extremely rude and hostile towards others.
    Its extremely rude not to do anything in a group activity. Thus, it is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It's LFR, one can just drop group and requeue. Oh wait that would mean thinking of others.
    Exactly, this is pretty much the correct answer for all of these, " but what if " situations people keep trying to toss out. If you need to leave the computer to do something that is not going to allow you to take part in the boss fight then leave, requeue, and do it when you can. Everyone else shouldn't be expected to carry you even though they can.

I got a feeling though most of those saying no or throwing out these what ifs are people that are generally those that just want to continue to be able to half ass it or afk through it. Part of the reason LFR has to be tuned the way it is is because of stuff like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    except blizzard doesn't see anything wrong with people just auto-attacking that's a player problem not a blizzard problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I live on the 5th floor and FedEX won't go past the lobby so I have to run down and sign for any packages then run back up. Sounds more like you just shouldn't be running LFR if these types of things bother you
    That wouldn't bother me, as long as you said so before you just left.

I have vote kick people in LFR for doing to little dps or afk. I mean if you are doing less than 150k in LFR you have no place to be there. I usually say in raid chat too. Heck even tanks do more dps than that. Get some better gear and come back. Don't expect a carry.

Would you be in favor of blizzard adding a "toxic behavior" check that would check to see how active you are during the first boss encounter of an LFR wing?

So for example, if the fight lasts 6 minutes, and your total "activity" during the encounter was only 3 minutes (minus auto attacks), after the boss fight the game would auto-remove you from the LFR group?

Essentially it would be a way of removing players who don't contribute to the success of the encounters expecting to be carried. The player would see upon being removed:

What ridiculous nonsense. What does activity during the first boss has to do with "toxic behavior"?

Also, fuck "toxic behavior" whine. People who go on about it are douchebags themselves and in most cases at least partially responsible for the squabbling and BS that arises.

Further: it's LFR for God's sake. Just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I have vote kick people in LFR for doing to little dps or afk. I mean if you are doing less than 150k in LFR you have no place to be there. I usually say in raid chat too. Heck even tanks do more dps than that. Get some better gear and come back. Don't expect a carry.
    A carry...in LFR...You're joking right? The core of LFR is designed around everyone in the raid being carried by fights that are devoid of any deadly mechanics, most often every fight is just patchwork. LFR is an abomination to this game and one of the reasons scaling is always horrible because it adds another useless item level jump in the game because "normal raiding is too hard". Now we have LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic, two of which should not exist in this game.

Deleted
    I'm firmly against it because I consider attempting to wipe LFR engaging, interesting and challenging. It tests your knowledge of mechanics to the maximum and is extremely difficult.

Of course, most people consider this griefing, and I don't blame them for that, but I genuinely consider it to be only as much griefing as attempting to win a battleground, in which your objective is to defeat and kill enemy players and stop them from winning. "I'm just trying to do my weekly quest" Same can be said for the enemy team in a BG.

Let's be serious here, nobody *enjoys* LFR, it's a chore to be done. I'm usually the only one there actually enjoying myself. Such as measure of kicking for toxic behaviour would mean nobody enjoys it. Worse, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    LFR should die in a fire. Full stop.

A guildy recently dragged me into LFR "for the AP"...

You know when you were little and you pretended to drive your Dad's car while he was actually driving? That's what LFR is. I just can't even. How anyone derives pleasure out of this I will never understand.
    I sincererly hope LFR will be the worst thing it will ever happen in your life.

Best Regards

Shot89

Just have it as an option better than have no option

You said in another LFR thread that you go afk in LFR. So umm you want a system in place that gets rid of you? Sure!