Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Sorry, I haven't really been playing this League. I started a character on Friday and got partly through Act 2 Normal and then haven't continued since. =p
    I could do it.... if I had leech enchant on boots..

But to get leech enchant I need to do him - very fun

I can clear maps in like a minute now but I can't kill merciless Izaro, I feel ashamed!
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

The primary part of Point Blank (both the support gem and the passive) only applies to Projectile Attacks, not Spells.
    Ok, so not an option.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, junked my ED/Cont witch, I'm just not good at playing squishy chars. Rerolled as a Mara, having a lot of fun with Static Strike, now just waiting on a Mjolner drop!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, so not an option.
    I'm also playing an Inquisitor and using a projectile spell - so my tree/gems might give you some ideas!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...112/characters

Character OneHundredOrDieTrying

ps..
    probably die trying
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I'm also playing an Inquisitor and using a projectile spell - so my tree/gems might give you some ideas!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...112/characters

Character OneHundredOrDieTrying

ps..
    probably die trying
    Well, definitely a nice setup. As soo as i get the double curse passive i'm setting tempest shield with Warlord+Enfeeble curse on hit - or tie it to the golem. Atm i'm using the Ice golem for the increased crit chance, but wondering if going for Fire with a flat damage % increase - i could put a curse on hit on that too.

Point is: CoH with a single spell and two curses will cast both at the same time or just a random one/cycle them? That makes a difference imho.

EDIT: i decided to go Spell Echo + Crit and maybe Faster cast if i can fit it for AB. Shotgunning stuff is nice to clear maps, but Spell Echo does slightly less aoe doubling single target damage, which to me definitely looks a good tradeoff.

EDIT2: if i ever manage to get a 6link, i could add mana leech since this combo is pretty costly from my napkin math, though i'll have also some cost reduction.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-10 at 08:26 AM.

Well, definitely a nice setup. As soo as i get the double curse passive i'm setting tempest shield with Warlord+Enfeeble curse on hit - or tie it to the golem. Atm i'm using the Ice golem for the increased crit chance, but wondering if going for Fire with a flat damage % increase - i could put a curse on hit on that too.

Point is: CoH with a single spell and two curses will cast both at the same time or just a random one/cycle them? That makes a difference imho.

EDIT: i decided to go Spell Echo + Crit and maybe Faster cast if i can fit it for AB. Shotgunning stuff is nice to clear maps, but Spell Echo does slightly less aoe doubling single target damage, which to me definitely looks a good tradeoff.

EDIT2: if i ever manage to get a 6link, i could add mana leech since this combo is pretty costly from my napkin math, though i'll have also some cost reduction.
    CoH with multiple curses will apply all curses at once, yes. That is if you have the passives/gear to support multiple curses.

I'm also using CwdT+Warlord's mark as you see, and a curse on hit+poachers mark. This way when I get hit in melee it curses all around me with warlord's mark so I can leech - while my herald of ice procs on range apply poachers mark for frenzy and flask charges.

This way I don't even need 2 curse passive/gear

I think mana leech as a gem is kinda a waste. Having had serious mana issues myself until last night - just play with a mana pot and try to get the lab enchant with .5/.6% life/mana leech. It is 1:18 chance on boot enchants, so it really isn't that bad to get!

edit: I wouldn't tie CoH to the golem - as you have probably noticed by now, they are squishy and need resummoning quite often
    My DK

CoH with multiple curses will apply all curses at once, yes. That is if you have the passives/gear to support multiple curses.
    That's nice - with an easy 4link i can do TS+CoH+double curse.

This way I don't even need 2 curse passive/gear
    Please explain. If i attach for example CoH on two differnet skills can i bypass the "1 more curse" prerequisite?

edit: I wouldn't tie CoH to the golem - as you have probably noticed by now, they are squishy and need resummoning quite often
    Current setup is cwdt+golem(+immortal call) but i thought that a cwdt+golem+coh+curse would work (with the golem applying the curse, which you are using so it works).

EDIT: if mana leech is a waste, then i'll just go straight increased AoE.

I'm quite sure CoH doesn't work on minions and totems and so; minions/totems/traps/mines can't trigger Trigger gems. (Falagar's CoH is on Herald of Ice, not a Golem.) Tempest Shield should work though.

I think Falagar's current plan remains limited to one curse at a time, but usually have a DPS one up against distant enemies, and a leech one applied if in relative danger.

As for Fire Golem vs Ice Golem, both are just Increased %, not More %. ("Increased" and "reduced" effects stack together additively while "More" and "Less" effects are separate multipliers.) So assuming you have a decent amount of Increased damage (whether it be increased spell damage, increased elemental damage, increased cold damage, etc. which stack additively), Fire Golem's bonus may not be that huge. Ice Golem's might not be that huge either if you have a lot of increased critical strike chance, but for a crit-reliant build, I'd probably stick with Ice.

Ok, my fault at reading that.

Thanks for the rest of the insights - since i was plannning to get the double curse anyway, i'll link both to TS, since i'm also going to have as much block as possible. Also getting the double curse node will make both curses more effective.

Anyway, CoH affects only the monsters hit by the skill. I'm not that sure now if it will work well enough - i may tie the two curses to separate skills (i have also Herald of Thunder).

Point is that i want to remove Blasphemy and free some mana to use for other stuff.

That's nice - with an easy 4link i can do TS+CoH+double curse.

Please explain. If i attach for example CoH on two differnet skills can i bypass the "1 more curse" prerequisite?

Current setup is cwdt+golem(+immortal call) but i thought that a cwdt+golem+coh+curse would work (with the golem applying the curse, which you are using so it works).

EDIT: if mana leech is a waste, then i'll just go straight increased AoE.
    I dont use cwdt+golem+curse+coh - I have my cwdt on level 1 and the warlords mark at level 1 so the cwdt straight out casts warlords mark on the mob that hits me in the face. It's nice because warlord's mark gives the full 2% leech on level 1 of the gem.

Then I have herald of ice + curse on hit + poachers mark - even though i only have 1 curse max (no passive/item) it doesn't matter since its only those mobs in melee or bosses i have to facetank that proc the warlords mark for the leech

so no I don't bypass the limit, its just that i kill things far away from me that all get poachers mark from shattering and then warlord mark those that come through and hit me in the face!

edit:

yeah the fact that it is only those mobs that are hit is what makes using golem for it not the best idea.

a good skill without supports (so you can 4 link spell+coh+2 curses) is orb of storms. It takes some getting used to as it is cast on your position rather then targetting - but it's amazing at keeping your curses up. That said tempest shield should work perfectly as well as long as you have a decent amount of block % from the passive tree to proc it a lot.

As for what golem - if you are using shield charge and use cast speed - i love the lightning golem since it will also make you shield charge faster. I even picked some attack speed passives to charge faster and use a weapon with attack speed on it too

I didn't really like herald of thunder+coh but the setup i have at the moment with herald of ice+coh works wonders. If tempest shield doesn't work maybe swap thunder to ice and use that in a 4 link with coh+2 curses.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-11 at 02:10 AM.
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone suggest some decent Support Gems for Static Strike?

At the moment I'm using Fortify and Added Fire Damage Support. links willing, I was hoping to add Blood Magic, Multistrike and then possibly either increased Radius, or Controlled Destruction.

However, I kinda also want to add Life Leech, which at the moment I mostly get from Warlords Mark.

Any tips?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Static Strike has two components, a Melee Attack followed by a Melee AoE Attack, with the latter being weaker. Personally, I'd recommend gems that affect both portions, and not only the Area one. Multistrike or Life Leech are always nice options, but something like Increased Radius or Concentrated Effect I think wouldn't be as ideal.

If you are gearing for physical damage, then the obvious first choice would be Melee Physical Damage. This modifier is applied before the conversion to lightning. If you're doing some Chaos Inoculation melee build, Melee Damage at Full Life is another option, but I'd imagine that likely isn't the case.

Physical to Lightning may also be an interesting option; combined with Static Strike's own 60% physical to lightning conversion, the entire attack will deal elemental damage. This maximizes the potential for further support gems such as Weapon Elemental Damage, Controlled Destruction if you don't care about Crit, or Elemental Focus if you can't/rarely Shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Static Strike has two components, a Melee Attack followed by a Melee AoE Attack, with the latter being weaker. Personally, I'd recommend gems that affect both portions, and not only the Area one. Multistrike or Life Leech are always nice options, but something like Increased Radius or Concentrated Effect I think wouldn't be as ideal.

If you are gearing for physical damage, then the obvious first choice would be Melee Physical Damage. This modifier is applied before the conversion to lightning. If you're doing some Chaos Inoculation melee build, Melee Damage at Full Life is another option, but I'd imagine that likely isn't the case.

Physical to Lightning may also be an interesting option; combined with Static Strike's own 60% physical to lightning conversion, the entire attack will deal elemental damage. This maximizes the potential for further support gems such as Weapon Elemental Damage, Controlled Destruction if you don't care about Crit, or Elemental Focus if you can't/rarely Shock.
    My build is mostly about using lots of different attacks, all of which are Lighting damage; so I've got Static as my main attack, then Tempest Shield and Herald of Thunder. I'm making this build with an eye to securing myself a Mjolner in the not too distant future, then linking 2xArc on that.

I'm currently specced into Elemental Overload, so the idea behind Controlled Destruction was assuming I could keep the buff up with my other sources of damage, Static Strike would then have the best of both worlds.

I quite like the idea of Physical to Lightning, something along the lines of Static > Fort > Multi > Leech > Pys to light > Control. So I'd end up with a hard, multi hitting melee ability, that dealt full lightning damage, had an AoE and leeched.

I've seen builds build around worse .

Are there any attacks that you use where you can throw Fortify on instead (perhaps mobility ones like Shield Charge or Whirling Blades if using an applicable weapon)? I kinda prefer not to put Fortify on the primary damage skill if possible since it's a minimal damage support, but if you don't use any other Attacks then it'll do.

Weapon Elemental Damage has a significantly larger damage modifier than Controlled Destruction (although WED costs 140% mana while CD is 130%), so if using only one such More Damage gem, WED is probably the best choice.

-snip-
    Ok, i'll try - though one thing i noticed is that Herald of Thunder hits many more monsters and also hits the boss multiple times making curses actually last longer.

Anyway, since current Arctic Breath setup works i actually have room for a coh+curse and i could use one curse on AB and one on TS so i can effectively spamcast mark for 100% uptime and let TS do the rest (until i decide to go TS + double curse and stack more offense on AB).

As for block%, i have checked on the passive tree and the reachable nodes are all included - any tip about how much block is good enough or should i aim for?

Side note, this char is coming otu REALLY nice. I can see the difference and the errors i did on the Scion.

Side note 2: i want to make a Viper Strike/Corpse Explosion char.

Ok, i'll try - though one thing i noticed is that Herald of Thunder hits many more monsters and also hits the boss multiple times making curses actually last longer.

Anyway, since current Arctic Breath setup works i actually have room for a coh+curse and i could use one curse on AB and one on TS so i can effectively spamcast mark for 100% uptime and let TS do the rest (until i decide to go TS + double curse and stack more offense on AB).

As for block%, i have checked on the passive tree and the reachable nodes are all included - any tip about how much block is good enough or should i aim for?

Side note, this char is coming otu REALLY nice. I can see the difference and the errors i did on the Scion.

Side note 2: i want to make a Viper Strike/Corpse Explosion char.
    There is a block cap which is 75%

So that is what you should aim for, but anything higher goes to waste. Same goes for spellblock, 75% is the cap but it is a little harder to get there compared to regular block.
    My DK

I don't think there are any suggested goals for how much block you should have. The cap is 75% so if you have well over that you have too much, but other than that just go with what feels comfortable. If you already have all the passive nodes you're willing to reach, then there's rather little customization left; it'll be dependent on getting a good shield and some other various uniques here or there.

I personally haven't played either Viper Strike or Detonate Dead characters (though I have been considering Viper Strike at some point), but I'd be careful about combining them since the two skills don't share any keywords. You won't find many passives that boost both of them (if any), resulting in an inefficient tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still stuck at The Lord's Labyrinth on lvl 45 frost witch.
    Its either:
    *my game starts to lag like heck, since the game checks the disk and i die on traps
    *Dvd...error bullshit that crashes a game
    *I get a imposible hard Izaro http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Izaro

Cant wait till new computer comes.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any attacks that you use where you can throw Fortify on instead (perhaps mobility ones like Shield Charge or Whirling Blades if using an applicable weapon)? I kinda prefer not to put Fortify on the primary damage skill if possible since it's a minimal damage support, but if you don't use any other Attacks then it'll do.
    I am using Shield Charge, so I could stick Fortify on that. So you think I should drop Fort and sub in WEDamage instead?

I don't think there are any suggested goals for how much block you should have. The cap is 75% so if you have well over that you have too much, but other than that just go with what feels comfortable. If you already have all the passive nodes you're willing to reach, then there's rather little customization left; it'll be dependent on getting a good shield and some other various uniques here or there.

I personally haven't played either Viper Strike or Detonate Dead characters (though I have been considering Viper Strike at some point), but I'd be careful about combining them since the two skills don't share any keywords. You won't find many passives that boost both of them (if any), resulting in an inefficient tree.
    Thanks for the tips - will check how near i am to the block cap.

As for the VS/DD char - DD is actually a strange skill apparently because it's fire damage and it's not a spell. So excluding area/elemental/fire modifiers it's not affacted by spell damage nodes.

The idea was to use it in conjunction with this http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Consuming_Dark and make it an autocast on crit or melee kill - while focusing on chaos/over time damage.

I have also the VS unique jewel and adding a melee splash should basically spread poison everywhere - which is the point of the whole build. DD would just be more poison procced around.

EDIT: sometyhing like this LINKY LINK
    I could use claws instead of daggers though. Since poison is phisycal + chaos based on the initial hit, that dagger won't do really good.
    This may come in handy http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mortem_Morsu
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-13 at 03:04 PM.